1998 Grand Prix GTX for sale - 116k miles - $4k obo

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1998 Grand Prix GTX for sale - 116k miles - $4k obo

Well, things have turned around at work and I should be getting a damn good bump in pay, and I have fallen in love with the G8 GT, so its time to start some interest in the GTX I have owned for a measly 5 months lol. Looking to unload any time after the New Year as long as I can find a good deal on a G8. I was initially thinking spring time, but the sooner the better I guess :mrgreen:

All pix can be seen here: http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/rboddy/GTX/

*Asking Price: $4,000 OR BEST OFFER!!
*Vehicle City & State: Rochester, NY 14616
*Vehicle Make, Model, Year: 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTX
*Actual Mileage: 116365, 15 miles extra miles put on per day M-F for work
*Title: Clean and lien free
*Transmission Type: Automatic
*Body Color: Black
*Interior Type and Color: Black leather
*Has the vehicle had any accidents or paint work? No accidents, only paint work has been with a touch up pen.

Only mods are a custom exhaust complete with a 3" DP with a gutted cat/ 3" I-pipe/ 2.5" Dynomax mufflers with single 3" tips and a "hot air" intake. Also has LS1 F body brakes up front. And on the exterior as you can see there are stainless grille inserts, blacked out front corner lights, and what I believe are Blazertech foglights. Thats it, so pretty much a stock GTX with an exhaust and crappy intake Also has a Viper car starter and alarm system, fully functional.

The body is in pretty good condition, I believe there are only a few spots of very small surface rust, the underbody is pretty clean, and the paint is in good condition on all but the front bumper where you can tell that it has 116k miles on it and the hood where there are some chips here and there near the scoop and leading edges of the hood. I was thinking of getting the bumper and hood repainted next spring, but other than that the rest of the body is pretty nice for an upstate NY car with 116k miles on it. The car was babied by its former owner who had the far for I believe 3 years and Im pretty sure it was babied by whoever owned it before that. The wheels are in good shape and look fantastic when cleaned. Currently has 2 225/60-17 (might be 225/55) cheapo snow tires on the front and 2 Falken ZXZE512 235/45-17 summer tires on the rear. The black leather interior is in great shape, and there is an upper line Alpine head unit with full wiring back to the trunk for a stereo system.

Only major flaw with it right now is the p0171 code (lean o2 sensor bank 1/front bank) which is probably caused from some sort of vacuum leak as I have a brand new AC Delco o2 sensor in it, and I think the only other cause for a lean condition is a vacuum leak from what I have read. So due to this, it is currently not inspected and I guess you could say Im driving it illegally lol. Other than that it runs strong and starts up every time, just has crappy mileage due to the lean problem (dumping too much fuel to account for the lean o2 readings). I do need to note that the motor in it now is out of a Regal GS due to the previous owner building up the original motor, and the GS motor only has approx 80k miles on it.

Anyways, I would love to get 4k for this thing, but would definitely entertain offers. Car is kept in a garage every night and during the day while Im at work (park in a secure parking garage). So thats about it for now, Im sure I forgot some stuff but this is long enough for now. Any questions feel free to ask. Will drive up to 50 miles for SERIOUS inquires to check out the car, and will deliver within 100 miles.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Launching!

Daily bump, must go make an offer!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3k and where is it located
Old 12-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Im in Rochester NY 14616, but sale pending right now for $3k. Where are you located? If he backs out its yours, need it gone ASAP have a deal put together for a G8 GT right now with a dealer so this needs to go. PM me if you want more details, its too hard to keep track of a thread in this forum lol. I have PM'ed this message to you as well

Quick Reply: 1998 Grand Prix GTX for sale - 116k miles - $4k obo