80 malibu stock suspension 572" turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Default 80 malibu stock suspension 572" turbo project

I bought this roller a few months ago to build a stock suspension turbo car to run some local races with. but, I've decided to go back to a ls1 car. there is a link to pics of the car in the first post in this thread. http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=67120

anyway more about the car....

it's an 80 malibu with a notched frame and NICE 10 pt moly cage. the minitubs need to be put back in the car. when I got it, it had an 8.5" wheel on it and would only clear a 275/60. we had to re notch it for a 10" wheel. it will wear a 315/60 as it sits now. wheels are convo pros. the car has all moly suspension front and rear including trz tube uppers and lowers. the qa1's have been replaced by new afco double adjustables front and rear with moroso trick spings up front. the car has new wilwood vented brakes on all 4 corners that still need to be plumbed. when I got the car it had no driver's side door. I have since picked up a door for the car. all of the glass is with the car except for the windshield.

drivetrain

the car still has the 35 spline 9" ford under it with strange iron center and 4.30 pro gears. when we re-did the frame notch we narrowed the rear another 2" on each side so it has a new set of strange st axles now. trans is still the braked 400 I got with it with the addition of a 9.5" turbo converter than I had from my turbo corvette. it should work fine at low boost levels.

engine

572 bbc built for tubos. big m tall deck block with billet caps, eagle crank, k1 billet rods, wiseco 9.25 pistons, erson roller and isky redzones, iron eagle 345's max ported by mike wienle (these will put a set of 360's to shame) and comp cams shaft rockers. no intake.

the car also comes with a set of useable bbc 304ss turbo headers with 2" primaries and 3.5" v-bands.

$9,000 buys it all. I do have the tittle for the car. it's located in knoxville, tn.

the only trades I would be interested in would be a ls1 firebird/ta or a 1st gen f-body.