check out my brother's craigslist add (53 chevy business coupe V8)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default check out my brother's craigslist add (53 chevy business coupe V8)

check out my brother's craigslist add (53 chevy business coupe V8)
too bad it's in Reston, Va

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...167151722.html

So the girlfriend is moving in and I need my parking space back.
She says that hooligan hotrod has to go and I guess she’s right. She says that it’s time to grow up and put away childish things and let our relationship blah blah blah. That’s when I go to the basement with a 6 pack to try to figure out what the hell happened to me and then I remember the one thing in this world that I’m certain of. That vacuum ain’t gonna push itself so I better man up and ditch the yard ornament.

This old Chevy was once my daily driver, then my weekend car until I only drove it a few times a year and that’s how we arrive here. Despite the fact that she has probably provided more happy memories than my girlfriend has, and has been with me for far longer I can no longer find the time or suitable space to do even basic maintenance and she deserves a roof over her head and somebody willing to take better care of her.

Some of the particulars include:
A small block 350 with newer Edelbrock carb and HEI system ensure that she stands eternally ready to do your evil bidding at the bump of a switch and blip of the throttle.
Mild cam and Sanderson headers with Smithy mufflers
Saginaw 3spd on floor and 10 bolt rear
Newer BFG T/As, smooth rims and brakes (Maybe 100 miles ago)
Aftermarket under dash A/C. Vintage Air universal kit I think
Lowered… a lot. The cheap, old school method
Older interior is reupholstered in Red and White, but has some sun fading
Solid body and frame with some bubbles starting under the paint

I also have a ton of spare parts like:
Excellent windshield
Great set of fenders
Lots of extra interior trim
Saginaw 4spd

If you read my email then you know that I have ZERO interest in trading for another car.
There may be a little room to maneuver on the price but for God’s sake, if you want to make an offer, do it face to face like a man.
Additionally I will not respond to Rwandan Generals or random wierdos who want to trade fence painting, magic beans and pedicures for automobiles nor will I reply to knuckleheads who would fire off dollar figures via email on a car they’ve never seen.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
$3000

Quick Reply: check out my brother's craigslist add (53 chevy business coupe V8)