Modified 72 Beetle

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified 72 Beetle

I am thinking about selling my 72 Volkswagan Beetle, or perhaps even a trade. I am looking to get 6k obo. Here are a little details.

The car has been a daily driver for two years now. It was built in 07', the floors have been replaced along with fenders, aprons and hoods. All of the mouldings and bumpers have been shaved and welded up and all handles and window trim blacked out. There are also pop out rear quarter windows.

The interior: it has low back seats and black seat covers, carpet, door panels and headliner. The dash has had the pad removed and holes filled to look like a 65' dash. There is a tach from a 914. It has a flat four wood steering wheel and flat four quick shifter that matches with a wood grain shift handle. The stereo is pioneer with four pioneer 6 1/4 rounds, two in front kick panels and two in rear panels with rockford fosgate amp and two ten inch pioneer subs. The windows are also tinted

The engine is a 1835cc with 044 heads and engle 110 cam scat lifters, single high rev springs and scat rocker arm spacers. The exhaust is a brand new header with a brand new Phat Boy muffler (The pictures are with the old exhaust system). The intake manifold is brand new and the carburetor was just rebuilt. The distributer is brand new, the battery is brand new, the car was just tuned and the oil was just changed. The modified engine gives this light little ride a fun level of zip.

The tranny is stock with new cv boots and inner and outter wheel bearing replaced about six months ago. The tranny fluid was changed in the last 100miles, and a bushing kit was installed within the last 30 miles.

The suspension is 5 inch narrowed adjustable beam with drop spindels. The car sits on cb performance disc brakes with ebrake. 5 on 4 3/4 chevy lug pattern with aftermarket five spokes and new Kumho tires 205/50/15's all the way around.

All of the electronics work ( turn signals, emergency flashers, wipers etc etc). The stereo can play CD's/Radio and can also run off of your MP3, Iphone etc.

I have owned some pretty fun cars in my time, but this one by far gets the most attention and is quite a blast to drive as well.

I am pretty open when it comes to trades (even trades, + your money, + my money), so let me know what you have.

If you are interested in checking out the car or have any questions, let me know.

Here are a couple pictures:

Last edited by badpanda; 07-15-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Up we go
Old 07-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

And again
Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Well there doesnt appear to be much interest here, so last bump for this one.

Quick Reply: Modified 72 Beetle