1997 talon tsi/awd MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 talon tsi/awd MS

i thought i would be keeping it, but i just don't have any love for an automatic, unless it's a built v8.

vin#4e3al54f2ve179880
car has 127k miles
located in jackson, MS
if you have any questions fell free to call me (601) 951-4493

on to the vehicle. it's a 1997 tsi/awd. ac blows super cold, and it runs very good. due to the mods it has, it would not hurt to have the car tuned, because it's on a stock tune, and it has a bigger turbo and a front mount

here is the description the previous owner sent me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
new timing belt
new hydraulic timing belt tensioner
New factory Mitsubishi head gasket
New factory transmission filter
New factory fuel filter
All new brake pads
Falken ZR Rated tires
18% Back Window Tint
35% Side Window Tint
NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs
Manual Shift Box with Auto/Manual switch (2 button shifter to manually control shifts, in manual mode, shifts are at full line pressure, so it's very firm)
autometer cobalt boost gauge
autometer cobalt oil pres gauge
Greddy Silicone Vac/Boost Lines
Injen Open Filter
Injen Aluminum Intake Pipe

3" Turbo Back Exhaust with High Flow Cat and Magnaflow muffler
Forced Performance EVOIII 16G Turbo
Punishment Racing Stainless Steel o2 Dump
ETS 7" Front Mount Intercooler with Short Route Intercooler Piping
Forge BOV (Recirculated) (700 dollar i/c kit.. NOT bullshit ebay)

I have extras that would come with the car that I never put on, they are as follows:
Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (used)
Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge (on the AFPR)
Translab Shift Kit
Long Tru- Cool LPD Transmission Cooler Rated For 19,000lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight

The interior is in excellent condition. I bought the car from a guy who was really obsessive about the interior so everything is pristine. It does have an aftermarket stereo in it. I don't use it much as I'd rather listen to the car.

The car is an automatic. I bought an automatic for the fact that it will not crankwalk, so you get the benefits of the stronger 7bolt engine without having to worry about crankwalk. It will build boost off the line, and with the manual shift box you can control the shifts.

I believe it has all the factory options except a sunroof. The car needs painted. It looks decent but had the famous DSM black paint cancer on the hood and roof. They were rattle-can'd (by previous owner) to cover it up.

The engine is all stock, as is the transmission aside from the manual shift box. The power steering cooler was removed for clearance for the FMIC. Many DSMr's have done this without any problems. Right now it's running 10psi straight off the wastegate of the 16G. I was waiting to do fuel mods until I had acquired all of them. The car has been very well taken care of in my possession as well as the previous owner’s. I didn’t drive it in the winter and not in the rain if I didn’t have to. It has no rust. I've always run 94 octane in the car. Oil changes were always done at 1500 miles with three quarts of Castrol 10w40 and one quart of Lucas oil stabilizer (the previous owner did the same
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a great car, the engine and bay is clean enough to eat off of. (a dsm first)

i'm looking mainly for trades. if rules say i need a price $5k. but as stated i really like trades. i want a car with potential, and i don't have much love for hondas. unless it's a b or h powered eg/ek hatch, or dc integra, i probably don't want it. a/c is a must, if it does not have working ac, it better not be very far from working.
i'm just kinda throwing this vehicle out there.

Last edited by stephen p; 07-23-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Teching In

no one wants a sleeper
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Teching In

I was woundering if you would take my honda civic hatch on trade it has a b18c5 with intake and exhaust. comes with lots of extra parts like new radiator, manifold, and much more can send you pics and list of everything is interested. email is street_racer_97@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: 1997 talon tsi/awd MS