1981 Kawasaki motorcycle for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 Kawasaki motorcycle for sale

For sale is my 1981 Kawasaki KZ 550 LTD with around 16,250 miles. The bike has a 550 CC engine linked to a 6-speed transmission for great gas mileage. I bought this bike as a project but I just don't have the time for it anymore. This bike is in very good cosmetic shape. Included FREE with the sale will be: a BRAND NEW rear tire (never installed, stickers still on it, stock size), TWO sets of handlebars (drag bars and Daytona bars) to customize the bike for your personal style and comfort, an extra BRAND NEW rear-view mirror, a stock front brake master cylinder (the one on the bike works great but is not stock), a chrome grab rail, and a set of chrome crash bars. I will also include a full repair manual on CD in PDF format if you want.

The good news:
-Brand new battery installed in July
-Speedometer cable recently replaced
-Seat recently re-covered (looks great and is very comfortable)
-Fresh paint on the gas tank (including custom hand-painted pinstriping and satin black Kawasaki badges) and body plastics
-Electric start works every time

The bad news:
-Bike is currently not running well. It will start and idle, but bogs under throttle. I'm 99% sure that this is a carb issue and that the carbs will just need to be cleaned. Unfortunately, I don't think that it can/should be ridden home. You will need to bring a truck to get this bike home, I don't have one and can't deliver it (sorry!).

I have a CLEAN ILLINOIS TITLE in hand. Price is $700 OBO. Pics on request.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Bump.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Bump #2.

Quick Reply: 1981 Kawasaki motorcycle for sale