FS/FT: Blown98 GT (10 second car)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beardWS6
Bad, what sites can I go look for a Mustang used for sale. I have 5-5500 to buy my son a used car. Please let me know. On another note, Sweet Ride and good luck!
Sorry for the late response.

Here are a few places you can check out for used mustangs:

Corall.net Check in the For sale forums here

Stangnet.com

Mustangworld

and of course Ebay is a good resource.

Take care,
Tim

P.S. Someone buy my car please! If you feel that I'm asking too much $$$ then make me an offer. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Back to the top. Please folks, if you're interested, make me an offer. My little boy is home and I need to get a daily driver that doesn't eat gas like my Titan. Thank you.

-Tim
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

to the top.....
Old 08-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Back to the top.

I'll entertain a trade for the right LS1.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 09-30-2006, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Back ttt.

Anyone want to trade? I might go for a vette, camaro, t/a, gto... who knows. I've had this car since day number one and ready for a change. HELP ME OUT!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up

All Email's and PM's returned. Thanks for all the compliments on the car I appreciate it.

I'm still interested in trades.... keep the offers rolling.

Thanks, Tim
Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

TTT for an AWESOME STANG....

Come on Guys....

Whats wrong with buying a 10 second beast?

This is prob. 1 of the cleanest stangs i have seen .

This is not a HACK JOB
Old 10-03-2006, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Figured I might float this trade by you...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/584996-looking-trade-my-10sec-86gn.html

Let me know what you think,Some of the mods are listed under the original post,Car drives like stock,Plenty of room,And was built right.

I can give you all the info if your Interested...Do you have any video of the stang you can send to me?

Thanks,Shawn
Old 10-03-2006, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by H8Mac
TTT for an AWESOME STANG....

Come on Guys....

Whats wrong with buying a 10 second beast?

This is prob. 1 of the cleanest stangs i have seen .

This is not a HACK JOB
Thanks and where have you been?

Folks, above is an Fbody driver that knows me and also knows that I have put a TON of work into this car.

Cheers, Tim
Old 10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1Bad86Gn
Figured I might float this trade by you...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584996

Let me know what you think,Some of the mods are listed under the original post,Car drives like stock,Plenty of room,And was built right.

I can give you all the info if your Interested...Do you have any video of the stang you can send to me?

Thanks,Shawn
Hi Shawn ... yes I have a video but it's with my crappy digital camera and only at idle. Send me a pm with your email address and I'll give you the URL to the video.

Edit: Sent a URL to you of the car at idle. I have a few more videos of the setup last year......

-Tim

Last edited by Blown284; 10-03-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

I feel your pain man. My first kid set me bac 5 years at least.lol
Old 10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Tim,

Got the link...Thanks.How much stronger do you expect the car to run on the new motor?Does the car have a cage?

Seems to be built up nicely.

I am going to be at a Buick Event at Cecil on Oct.14th.Maybe if your Interested in taking a look at the GN,And If your not too far,You could swing by the track and check it out.Or I could make a trip down before that.Either way,I am going to PM you my cell # if you want to talk about it.

If you have any other video's could you pm me the link to them,I would appreciate it.

Thanks,Shawn
Old 10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1Bad86Gn
Tim,

Got the link...Thanks.How much stronger do you expect the car to run on the new motor?Does the car have a cage?

Seems to be built up nicely.

I am going to be at a Buick Event at Cecil on Oct.14th.Maybe if your Interested in taking a look at the GN,And If your not too far,You could swing by the track and check it out.Or I could make a trip down before that.Either way,I am going to PM you my cell # if you want to talk about it.

If you have any other video's could you pm me the link to them,I would appreciate it.

Thanks,Shawn
Shawn,
I'd rather discuss all of this over the phone and it would be MUCH easier to explain where the car was and also where the car is right now. I have various other videos, however, I'd rather not embarass myself posting them. One of the videos is a mid 11 second run when I was having issues with spark and trying to get it dialed in. Simply stated, the videos do the car no justice. You have to see how it's running now to understand. I have timeslips to back up the 11.2 run. The car was running 126-128 that night on the old combo and I was having traction issues (best 60' was a poor 1.7) and one of my friends who has a 9 second car (same body style) was helping me get it dialed in (adjusting rear shocks, tire pressure, etc).

Old combination vs. new combination is apples vs. oranges. A lot has changed (engine, bigger blower, etc) and it's not a fair comparison. I can tell you that with the old combination the car made 456rwhp on a DYNOJET dyno .... with this new combination at 5300rpm the car was already approaching the 440rwhp range and max'd out the Bosch 390 fuel pump < DOH! >.

I've not had the car to the track because I recently replaced the fuel pump (Bosch 390 which I later found to be a Bosch 310lph) and have been working very diligently getting it dialed in which has proved to be challenging. I'm a patient person and don't want to take risks leaning it out too much, therefore, I've been leaning it out a little bit, then, testing, then, repeat..... now that I have a wideband in the car full time it helps to see how things are going but I'm not quite there yet.

I can tell you no expense was spared this time around. When I say no expense I truly mean it.

PM me your cell # and we'll talk about it. Keep in mind that my wife and I have an infant so my availability is limited.

Just as a side note, I talked to one of your friends online tonight who recently traded his GN for the mustang with the F1R. He was interested in my car as well and knows exactly how **** I am with this car.

To answer the question on the cage --- no cage in the car. I do, however, have a 6 point in the garage but have had no desire to get it put in.
If we worked out a deal, the roll bar along with any other spare parts will go as well.

Cheers, Tim
Old 10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown284
Thanks and where have you been?

Folks, above is an Fbody driver that knows me and also knows that I have put a TON of work into this car.

Cheers, Tim

Well Tim, looks like you have some guys that want that beast....

I have been hiding my head in the SAND cuz its the first time i havent had a fast STREET car in about 6 years, so .......I have, been trying to get together another project..

Again Ladies and Gents..

Iam a GM guy all the way , but would be honored to drive this beautiful Machine Tim has put together. This car was not just "slap it together" Tim has stuck with it from the begining. It will not disappoint. Iam for the Most part a FORD hater, with a few exceptions, them being the GT, the 03-04 COBRAS, Tims car fits right in there with them, And Would SMOKE EMM in the STRAIGHTS....

TTT
Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Well Tim, looks like you have some guys that want that beast....

I have been hiding my head in the SAND cuz its the first time i havent had a fast STREET car in about 6 years, so .......I have, been trying to get together another project..

Again Ladies and Gents..

Iam a GM guy all the way , but would be honored to drive this beautiful Machine Tim has put together. This car was not just "slap it together" Tim has stuck with it from the begining. It will not disappoint. Iam for the Most part a FORD hater, with a few exceptions, them being the GT, the 03-04 COBRAS, Tims car fits right in there with them, And Would SMOKE EMM in the STRAIGHTS....

TTT
Yep I've gotten a LOT of bites, however, some of them do NOT believe just how streetable this car truly is and also there are a select few who want to see video of a "10 second pass". There are a few who also debate whether or not the car is faster with this combination vs. my last. I'm here to say I know for a FACT this setup is making more power or I wouldn't have had to upgrade the fuel pump.

Thanks for the kind words about my car. At least someone can vouch for all the blood, sweat, and tears I've put into this car.

Thank you!
Old 10-07-2006, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

How could someone doubt the potential of this... Forchrist sakes it ran the old time with the lil puny S TRIM now with the NOVI 2000 which is one of the most reliable, most performance oriented centrifugal set ups out there... I would say this car is at LEAST good for 650rwhp. Tim would not put JUNK together, he only buys GOOD PARTS.
I have seen this car many times, please Guys if your interested in this car... Take the trip to pasadena, and see it for yourself!
Old 10-07-2006, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

How could someone doubt the potential of this... Forchrist sakes it ran the old time with the lil puny S TRIM now with the NOVI 2000 which is one of the most reliable, most performance oriented centrifugal set ups out there... I would say this car is at LEAST good for 650rwhp. Tim would not put JUNK together, he only buys GOOD PARTS.
I have seen this car many times, please Guys if your interested in this car... Take the trip to pasadena, and see it for yourself!
I can show you the PM from one guy with a vette that I was considering. You're right, the S trim is puny compared to the Novi 2k. The S trim flows approx 1000 CFM vs. 1700 CFM. Huge difference. The Novi really pours the boost on and they are not comparible.

I doubt the car will make 650rwhp with the blower pulley I have on there now. I'm not that worried about dyno #'s anyway... dyno #'s stink with a nonlockup converter. Anyone who races knows this and can read right through it.

Thanks for the accolades though. I wish someone would trade me or buy this car already.

P.S. If anyone wants to take a ride in this car to see exactly what you'd be getting yourself into, contact me via PM and I'll be more then happy to arrange it.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Here is a good video of an engine/blower setup that is almost identical to mine. Obviously the car in the video is not full weight like mine nor is it on drag radials but it does show the potential.

Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up

Back to the top.

UPDATE: Got the car dialed in on a nice street tune (read: 11.X:1 air/fuel) on the mustang dyno yesterday. Car made 440rw /approx 390rwtq through the automatic nonlockup converter. I'm thinking that's enough power for 10's but what do I know?

For those non-believers, feel free to call Performance-Specialties, Inc (Fbody shop that specializes in Fbody cars) and talk to Jeff. He helped me dial this car in yesterday. Thanks Jeff!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

Trades ? Offers ?