1972 GTO... Trades??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1972 GTO... Trades??

SOLD!
Attached Thumbnails 1972 GTO... Trades??-p1010041.jpg2.jpg   1972 GTO... Trades??-p1010046.jpg2.jpg   1972 GTO... Trades??-p1010049.jpg2.jpg   1972 GTO... Trades??-p1010051.jpg2.jpg   1972 GTO... Trades??-p1010058.jpg2.jpg  

Last edited by NYNJRacer; 06-30-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Default bump

for a guy trying to sell some muscle.

right here with ya buddy heres my add

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...28#post6586428
Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fastfbody
for a guy trying to sell some muscle.

right here with ya buddy heres my add

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...28#post6586428
Thanks man. Nice Chevelle! Good luck with the sale...
TTT....
Old 03-07-2007, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Ttt......
Old 03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Ttt.....
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Some interest, but nothing yet..
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

SOLD!

Last edited by NYNJRacer; 06-30-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Default bump

what kind/size are those tires and wheels?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 72heavychevy
what kind/size are those tires and wheels?
They're 18x9-inch Chrome American Racing Rebels with a 24mm offset and 245/40/ZR18s all around. But, in the photos they're BFG KDW2s in the back and an Asian brand up front, Nankins or something. I purchased a set of BFG KDW2s for the rear that are 255/45/ZR18s. So, it has a matched set of BFGs, with a staggered look of larger in the rear. I don't have them installed yet, so no pics of that.
The car sits high in the rear, because there are spacers under the springs and above the shocks installed some time ago.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

More intrest........
Old 03-23-2007, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

I can trade up alittle or down.....
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, God, why did I have to become a poorly paid educator?

GTO values are through the roof, and even rusty parts cars can sell for thousands of dollars. I was lucky to get mine before this happened.

At any rate, there is a large community of GTO guys over on the website for the Pontiac restoration parts company Performance Years. The webiste is 1pontiac.com. If you list the car there, you might get real interest. However, they tend to be a more conservative, older crowd there, and will probably bust your ***** about the rims. Pay no attention.

The non-original powertrain hurts the value of the car, but the fact that it has a 4 bolt 428 is pretty awesome since those motors are rare.

I'd say that if you listed it there, you might get good results. I also think that you'd get good results on eBay, but I hate dealing with eBay because of the fees, scam potential, large number of a-holes etc.

If you'd rather not register on the Performance Years website to list the car, I can make a post over there for you with a link to your ad here.

God luck, man, I wish I could buy her. Hella cool.

Dave
Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bull
Oh, God, why did I have to become a poorly paid educator?

GTO values are through the roof, and even rusty parts cars can sell for thousands of dollars. I was lucky to get mine before this happened.

At any rate, there is a large community of GTO guys over on the website for the Pontiac restoration parts company Performance Years. The webiste is 1pontiac.com. If you list the car there, you might get real interest. However, they tend to be a more conservative, older crowd there, and will probably bust your ***** about the rims. Pay no attention.

The non-original powertrain hurts the value of the car, but the fact that it has a 4 bolt 428 is pretty awesome since those motors are rare.

I'd say that if you listed it there, you might get good results. I also think that you'd get good results on eBay, but I hate dealing with eBay because of the fees, scam potential, large number of a-holes etc.

If you'd rather not register on the Performance Years website to list the car, I can make a post over there for you with a link to your ad here.

God luck, man, I wish I could buy her. Hella cool.

Dave
Hey Dave, thanks for the kind words and offer for assistance. I'll check out the 1pontiac.com site. I'm already a member of the PY site, as PonchoFan. I have a post there, too.
You're right about prices climbing, I've seen some real crazy pricing going on, which makes me believe my pricing is very realistic. I really like the car, and have done alot of work on it already, but I hate feeling like I'm not really making the car better, just making it road worthy.
I spent a good amount of money traveling to look at four other cars that were really wrecks, rusted badly, filled with tons of bondo. There was one with a messed-with VIN number. All of these reasons is why I bought this particular car, it was really unmolested and original. I got the PHS and made sure it was a GTO, and not an endura-nosed Lemans. So, do you have any pics of your '69?
Abe
Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Abe, the 1pontiac site address is for Performance Years, where you are already a member. When I direct people to that site, I use that address (their old one, which still works) because it is easier to remember than their new address! I actually saw your post over there shortly after making that post above.

It's funny: my GTO is my nicest car, and yet I have the fewest pics of it. Here are two:

Old 03-24-2007, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Lol, yeah, I found out that it was the same site already, but thanks. lol
That is one sweet GTO Dave! Stock? Original 400? What options/mods?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bull
Abe, the 1pontiac site address is for Performance Years, where you are already a member. When I direct people to that site, I use that address (their old one, which still works) because it is easier to remember than their new address! I actually saw your post over there shortly after making that post above.

It's funny: my GTO is my nicest car, and yet I have the fewest pics of it. Here are two:

..... .......VERY COOL CAR.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NYNJRacer
Lol, yeah, I found out that it was the same site already, but thanks. lol
That is one sweet GTO Dave! Stock? Original 400? What options/mods?
Thanks

I've had the Goat since '94, senior year in high school. Bought it from my brother, who purchased it down in Virginia. No fancy options...non RA, no flip-up headlights. Was originally two tone: Champagne body with a black painted roof. Now Matador Red (a '69 Pontiac color) with a black vinyl top. Engine is a 412 (400 bored .060) with some mild performance upgrades...small body HEI, Quadrajet rebuilt by Cliff Ruggles, RAIII manifolds, more aggressive cam. Interior is in pretty good conditon, but the seats are a bit flat and could use some new foam. Very solid, good looking car that I am basically afraid to drive. I hate the fact the the prices are through the roof thanks to investors and BJ auction freaks. I could never afford to buy another one.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a sweet setup. If I keep the car and build it, I want to go more agressive, but look mainly stock. Cliff know's his stuff about carbs, especially Q-jets. Too bad he has a 6-month wait for work. It's funny, but prices have gone up for the high end cars, like RA, HOs and such, but the "plain-jane" cars are still somewhat affordable. It's really ashame that you're nervous about driving the car, you should be able to enjoy it. But, I understand why. Just have real good classic car insurance on it.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Launching!

I don't know about affordable, man. Just a regular GTO in good condition with its original drivetrain can bring $20k. To me, that isn't affordable, but then again I am not in a lucrative field, so perhaps it's all relative.

I do have classic insurance on it, but need to increase the stated value...it has gone up a lot since I first got the insurance five years or so ago. Even with a good insurance policy, dealing with claims can be a nightmare, and finding someone to fix the old cars right can be a struggle.

BTW, I didn't mean to turn your for sale thread into a thread about my car, I'm sorry.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Lol, it's cool. I enjoy the convo anyway, especially with a fellow GTO owner. But, thanks for the consideration.
Oh, and by "affordable" I meant in the day and age of $500K RAIV Judge converts, and $100K SD TAs and even $60-$75K HO and RAIII cars, a $15-20K "regular" GTO would be considered "affordable". lol If I could afford a "regular" GTO, I wouldn't have bought the project I have, I would have bought one already done. That's the reason it's up for sale. Someone with money should restore it, as it's a really great, solid project. If not, I'll just keep "band aiding" it until I get it road worthy. Then maybe someday I'll restore it.

Quick Reply: 1972 GTO... Trades??