'91 Z28 L98, Gorgeous Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 Z28 L98, Gorgeous Camaro!

1991 Camaro Z28 L98 w/ 105k

Just recently an intake gasket broke(Oklahoma owner did not tighten all intake bolts), during that time I decided to pull the block and freshen/build up. The block and heads were shopped check for cracks and wear, which everything came back okay. I then decided to upgrade the engine in which a new cam, springs, lifters, gaskets, all fluids, exhaust, etc was done. The car was put back together in Mid-March and has been running like a champ since, so it's fresh and ready to roar. All power options work great, starter and flywheel were just recently replaced also.

Appearance Modifications:
Mercedes Blue Paint with Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Roughly 3 Years Old)
Side Marker Clear Corners
15% Tint with Blue Shade & 5% Windshield Tint Strip
Aftermarket Interior Door Panels
Wired For Aftermarket Stereo System(Prev. Equipped With 4-Ch. Amp) - Infinity 4x6 & Infinity 6x9
Viper 350HV Security/Keyless

Performance Modifications:
Bored .40 Over
Holley Stealth Ram Intake
BBK Twin 58mm Throttle Body
LT4 Hot Cam
Scoggin Dickey Z28 Performance Springs
Crane Cams 1.5 Roller-Rocker Arms
Hedman Shorty(68470) Headers
True Dual Exhaust Into Dynomax Bullet Mufflers
Edelbrock Water Pump
160 Deg. Thermostat
MSD 6A Spark Amplifier
MSD Billet Distributor
Accel 8mm Wires
Smog Pump Delete
B&M 2400rpm Stall Lockup Converter
Hughes Performance Street/Strip 700r4 with Tranny Cooler
3:23 Rear Gears
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
K&N Air Filters
Custom Ram Air
PCMForLess Re-Tune
Aftermarket Dual Radiator Fans on Manual Switch
Edelbrock Torque Arm Bar
Eaton Limited Slip Differential
Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace
Hotchkis Subframe Connectors
Hotchkis Rear Control Arms
Hotchkis Adjustable Panhard Bar

Weakness's:
Sagging Headliner
Slightly Chipped Front Ground Effect
Front Tires Slightly Bald
Passenger Taillight Has Slight Crack

--------

Contact Info
I have no problem answering any questions or obtaining any more information, pictures, or videos for you if needed. Please, just let me know. PM or email: camcovert@cableone.net - 417-529-4922(Leave Message & Number). I am located in Joplin, Missouri... two hours south of KC. If any problems, PM me please.

This is literally a dream car but a good friend, BlueZee28 has a gorgeous IROC for sale. There is a lien on the Camaro, but it can be cleared within minutes of the day cash is in hand. I can travel nearly anywhere reasonable to meet up or deliver. I will consider trades(+ cash) for extremely nice '90 - '92 IROC/Z28 305 Manual/Auto or '96 -'97 LT1 SS/Clone SS.
Asking: $7100 - Neg.

With Old Exhaust

Last edited by Cam-aro; 04-21-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

That is a gorgeous car you have there..
However, the price is quite steep for a 3rd gen Z28..

Not a bash...Just that over here, i have seen LT1's, and even high mileage LS1's go for what you are asking...

Good luck though and a TTT 4 ya for a great looking third gen...
Old 04-22-2007, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28
That is a gorgeous car you have there..
However, the price is quite steep for a 3rd gen Z28..

Not a bash...Just that over here, i have seen LT1's, and even high mileage LS1's go for what you are asking...

Good luck though and a TTT 4 ya for a great looking third gen...
Haha, I understand ya man, but the car is listed for lower than what similar 3rd Gen's go for on TGO and such, just wanting to sell it off to purchase a rarer 3rd Gen. In all honesty, I have the car listed for lower than what I previously sold it for... yes I sold the car once, and then purchased it back. 3rd Gen's are tricky cars, for one the L98 package is fairly rare, less than 6% of ALL 3rd Gen's produced have the L98 package and two... it's extremely tough to find a 3rd Gen in as solid condition and modded properly as mine. Take care buddy.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it's tough to find any 3rd gens in good condition. My friend just got rid of his 91 Z28 with the L98. I would've loved to buy it but the reliability on his wasn't very good. It was just problem after problem because not too many people really take care of them. Your's looks to be taken care of very well and probably the cleanest 3rd gen I've seen in a long time. I've always had a love for these cars ever since my brother had a teal 91 for his first car. It was just a V6 but still a great car. Good luck with the sale man.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by tspence45
Yeah it's tough to find any 3rd gens in good condition. My friend just got rid of his 91 Z28 with the L98. I would've loved to buy it but the reliability on his wasn't very good. It was just problem after problem because not too many people really take care of them. Your's looks to be taken care of very well and probably the cleanest 3rd gen I've seen in a long time. I've always had a love for these cars ever since my brother had a teal 91 for his first car. It was just a V6 but still a great car. Good luck with the sale man.
Hey, thanks for the support buddy.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Seems like its priced right, good luck with the sale.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cam-aro
Haha, I understand ya man, but the car is listed for lower than what similar 3rd Gen's go for on TGO and such, just wanting to sell it off to purchase a rarer 3rd Gen. In all honesty, I have the car listed for lower than what I previously sold it for... yes I sold the car once, and then purchased it back. 3rd Gen's are tricky cars, for one the L98 package is fairly rare, less than 6% of ALL 3rd Gen's produced have the L98 package and two... it's extremely tough to find a 3rd Gen in as solid condition and modded properly as mine. Take care buddy.
If your using rarity as a selling point, not such a good idea:

91 Production numbers:

L98 -> 6080
G92 -> 6813
Z28 -> 92,306

Not bashing your car, cause its absolutaly gorgeous, its just not nessecarily a rare car.

TTT for a beautiful car though! If my car ended up anything like that i would be thrilled (though in red/black, its an 89 iroc)
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by SheldonZ28
If your using rarity as a selling point, not such a good idea:

91 Production numbers:

L98 -> 6080
G92 -> 6813
Z28 -> 92,306
The G92 5spd's and the L98 350's were the rarest production vehicles in '91... if you exclude the B4C's and 1LE's. But nearly every Z28 3rd Gen you'll come across has a factory 305, the L98 was a limited upgrade option.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Teching In

the "oaklahoma owner" sean has proven that the car wasnt a true L98... there was a big dispute over this on z28.com and he got banned for it... watch out he tried to screw the previous owner over and made a lot of people mad
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can you pm me the vin # please?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Teching In

damn man i coulda bought this car liek 3 months ago for $6500, and yeah its not a true l98 the engine has been swapped out....cam stop tryin to scam people
Old 04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Teching In

You going to send that amp back to Sean now?

I am sure he'll be more then happy to recieve it back.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Teching In

you mean modded properly like when sean fixed the car for you and sold it back to you not 6 months later and....oh yeah he sold it back to your for far less then he bought it off your for too....remember all that, thats when he found out that its not a true l98...... stop tryin to scam people
Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Will you actually respond to us this time? Or will you duck out and find another forum to post on? You should know it ain't going to work. We got contacts in every conceivable Forum.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

di you buy it from sean?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackj98
di you buy it from sean?
cam origianly bought it off a guy then messed up a head or blew a gasket or something and sold it to sean, then sean fixed it and sold it back to cam cause cam gave him some sob story about it. sean took liek $1000 loss on the car, now cam is turning around and selling it again
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackj98
di you buy it from sean?
lol Levi did you know it was me just from the name Sean? thats good stuff!

anyway, thank you, to those of you who know me from Z28.com. i really really appreciate your support. but dont even trip guys. Cam knows the conditions in which I put that car back together. i was left no time for trial and error... and also no time to check over my work. also on top of that... he knew the car wouldnt be 100% perfect when he got it back and we had previously discussed that. but obviously he has amnesia (sp?).

but oh well no big deal. i dont want to do too much talking about what the car is and isnt because we've done that before. no point in doing it again. even if this is done in every thread on every site, he can still sell it on autotrader or local or something. i'm not worried about it guys.

so to those who know me in here... thanks a lot for standing up!!! Chris i got my stereo and amp back from Cam. he sent it back a few months ago. its funny because we forgot to get the title notarized. so the car was legally still mine after all that crap. so he had to mail me the title so we can do the paperwork right. and at that time... he was super nice and sent me the stuff.... funny huh??? haha... i thought it was. but i'm not even worried about it guys. i'm not telling you guys to stop talkin lol... i'm just saying i wont be a part of it.

Cam... good luck on the sale man. make your money. just be sure to always do the right thing. bump for you!

oh and by the way guys... the VIN number does show its a real L98 car.... just dont look at the number on the block lol
Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

The G92 5spd's and the L98 350's were the rarest production vehicles in '91... if you exclude the B4C's and 1LE's. But nearly every Z28 3rd Gen you'll come across has a factory 305, the L98 was a limited upgrade option.
Just a Note, that most 1LE Cars used LB9's. ( we have 2 of them, one is an R7U)

5spds were not avaliable with an L98, so you cant compare a G92 5-speed rarity to an L98 rarity seeing they were never together.

Also, L98's were not limited engines, there were as many avaliable as ordered.

IMO, only really "Rare" Cars for 91 were the 1LE(428 made i beleive), and the R7U (32 made)

Like i said, not trying to bash your car, but plenty are avaliable. We have 3 91 Z28's here, and a buddy of mine has 2. Together there is:

4 L98 cars
5 G92 Cars
2 1LE cars
1 R7U car.

Probably a coincidence that theres so many here, and in some area's they could be more rare as less may have been shipped to that area to start with, as i said before, rarity isnt nessecarily a focal selling point for your car, however how you have built it makes it more rare, its more personal etc. I only know of one production camaro that has the same kinda colour scheme (headlight bays, stripes etc same colour, and body a different colour) which was the 92 Heritage car in red with black stripes, and headlight bays, tho i think all camaro's came from the factory with black headlight Bays

I could speil on and on about rarity, but i dont really want to clutter up your thread with people telling you your car isnt what you say it is, as im 100% against that, and im not saying your car isnt what you say it is, just pointing out some better selling points for you.

Good luck with your sale!

TTT!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SheldonZ28
I could speil on and on about rarity, but i dont really want to clutter up your thread with people telling you your car isnt what you say it is, as im 100% against that, and im not saying your car isnt what you say it is, just pointing out some better selling points for you.

Good luck with your sale!

TTT!
we are just looking out for potential buyers....we dont wan thtem to get scammed like Cam has tried to do to others with this car.....sure the vin says L98 but the block isnt. Hes tried to pass this car off a number of times as a true L98 and its not. Just making sure people know what they are buying

Quick Reply: '91 Z28 L98, Gorgeous Camaro!