2000 F350 DRW only 71k miles!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2000 F350 DRW only 71k miles!

Alright,

Time to think about moving on. I have a 2000 F350 DRW 4x4 F350. It is black w/ silver body. It also has mods in sig, minus boost/egt gauge. Other than that, she is completetely stock. The truck was only used to tow a 24' enclosed trailer. Truck stats are as follows:

-2000 F350
-4x4
-DRW
-NEW(i mean less than 1,000miles) E rates tires
-ZF6 manual trans
-Trailer brakes
-Pop-up hitch in bed
-New trailer wiring harness
-New Tailgate
-New Badges
-less than 1yr old brakes(all around, including calipers)
-Bedliner
-Grey cloth interior
-Odo. reads 71,xxx
-less than .5yr old SBC ConO clutch
-Not used for daily work, and garage kept
-Amsoil Filter/oil

Pics below. Please ask any questions! I might have forgotten something!

Askin $20k
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have a 4.10 rear?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:28 AM
9 Second Club

yes, it does.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

How does it do mileage wise running unloaded on the Highway?

...oh, and I did not see any mods in the sig. Can you list them (if I am not blind)?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ruf455
How does it do mileage wise running unloaded on the Highway?

...oh, and I did not see any mods in the sig. Can you list them (if I am not blind)?
haha,

sorry, I copied and pasted off the truck forum

Mods I did when i bought the truck(bought from original owner):

-Replace Brakes(like i said, calipers and lines included)
-New E rated tires(no upsizing, I wanted function more than looks)
-Low rise tanneau cover(think smooth vinyl cover to streamline/improve MPG)
-South Bend Clutched "ConO" clutch with all the supporting clutch goodies(read $$$$$$)
-Truck came with muffler delete(only has hit 1350 MAX for less than 5 seconds, and that was a HARD incline w/loaded trailer, so i never upgraded exhaust)
-I installed a SPA design gauge, but it isn't going with the truck, haha(read $$$$)
-I installed a S&B CAI kit on the truck
-Tinted front windows 20% to match rears
-Replaced ALL the corroded/peeling 7.3 badges with new style aftermarket chrome 6.0 badges(fordemblems.com)
-Added new tailgate(previous one was dented, so i said screw it and put a new one on)
-Edge Evolution Evo I tuner(I think it's a 60/80/100hp tuner)
-Drove it.....with a grin on my face, haha

As for unloaded mpg, it does EXCELLENT considering it's a heavy heavy truck. Depending on what tune i have in the truck.....and how much a can keep my foot out of it, haha, It gets 14-18mpg. One trip i took she got 19.2, but that was lower than i EVER want to run her on fuel again. O yea, the truck has the larger fuel tank, so expect 500+ miles on a tank! With the 4.10 gear, there are some mpg on the table if you took some gear out(it revs around 2300-2500 on the interstate at 75), but I was willing to lose the 1mpg or so to have it tow like a dream around town and on the interstate.

Seriously, I put alot of effort and $$$ into this truck to ensure it is REALLY dependable, clean, and NOT over-modded. It's a tow truck first, and a really clean DD second. I would say I have put 10k miles on it since i bought it, and 70% of those are interstate driving to/from work. FWIW, I park the truck in my garage every night, and it does fit into my work's parking garage. I have added a CB radio setup, but have yet to run by the CB shop to have them tune in the SWR and tune up the CB, so i haven't turned it on yet. The truck was setup so that my wife and i can comfortabely drive anywhere in the US, with or without the trailer, and enjoy the ride! here's, unfortunately, the only interior pic i have right now.....The truck DOES have a DVD/MP3/cd/etc player installed as the head unit, but that is NOT included in the price of the truck. The head unit and gauge, at the listed price, go with me.

EDIT: haha, just noticed my No smoking plug for the smoking thingy, haha. This truck WAS smoked in before me, but i spent $300 to have the entire AC/vent/HVAC system, carpet, headliner/seats/EVERYWHERE steam cleaned over and over. This truck smells/looks CLEAN on the inside!!! As you can tell from my "no smoking" plug.....I am a non-smoker, haha

Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

PM replied. Why are you selling it? New toy time? I need a solid and dependable traveler...and somthing like this would do it. I wonder what kind of gears I could get in it and bring the rev's down? I will never tow anything terribly large or heavy.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

PM replied. Why are you selling it? New toy time? I need a solid and dependable traveler...and somthing like this would do it. I wonder what kind of gears I could get in it and bring the rev's down? I will never tow anything terribly large or heavy.
I think some of the F250's came with a 3.55 or 3.70ish gear. The truck has what i call it "granny low" that rarely ever gets used with a 4.11. With the 3.7x gear, it would probably come in more handy. It's just the truck makes plenty of torque as is to never need it, unless stopped on a serious incline or something.

Why am I selling it??? ....cause, as you can tell....it's FALLING apart!!! No, I have grown interest in a second gen Cummins, or possibly a Gen3 depending on what i find. Nothing wrong with mine now, i'll probably end up regretting it, haha. I figure might as well sell it now with the condition it is in and the mileage currently and let someone else enjoy it than to hold on to it. If i sell it, great. If not, I'll just hold on to it, and keep "restoring/modding" it. I have my eye on a double din in dash DVD/GPS head unit That and a exhaust(just because, haha) would be about all i have left to do to the truck!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

still interested...i've got some solid interest in the GTO... Given our distance, I really need some interior shots and some shots of under the hood.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Did I miss the price? Email me at westexgt@cebridge.net so we can talk.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
9 Second Club

still interested...i've got some solid interest in the GTO... Given our distance, I really need some interior shots and some shots of under the hood.
Let me know if you want the pics for sure, and I'll get all the pics you need! I'll get some video clips walking around/through the area's of the engine bay, as well as under the truck, etc. This truck is in near A1 condition.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by westexgt
Did I miss the price? Email me at westexgt@cebridge.net so we can talk.
Email sent
Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

I want the pictures for sure. I'll be picking up a truck soon and I would like to throw yours into the mix.

ruf455@msn.com

contact me there...I don't jump on here much.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 AM
9 Second Club

I'll get you some this weekend...Good luck with the purchase either way!

Tim