2001 Saab 9-3 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Saab 9-3 Turbo

My 2001 Saab 9-3 is for sale. It’s got a 2.0L 16 valve turbo engine, 5-Speed, 2 door hatch (RARE COMBO) with ~70K miles

I’ve owned the car since ~15k miles and have used synthetic since I bought it. I’ve been running strictly Royal Purple for the last ~35k at a 4k change interval with only PureOne filters. I would expect to get another 100k out of this car with regular maintenance.

Car has only seen 87 octane once when I was about to run out of gas and the gas station (in the middle of nowhere) only sold 87. Other than that this car has only seen 93.

You can fit TONS of stuff in this car. I carried my 42” plasma home (upright) with the hatch shut. ;-)

Car gets 26mpg mixed/32mpg highway all day long.

I brought it to the track once and ran a 14.8@98 with a horrible 2.44 60ft
This car is not a drag car, but is surprisingly quick and fun to drive on the highway.

Engine: 8/10 –The engine is clean and runs great – no leaks – could probably use a new belt and tensioner or it’d be a 9/10 – Pulled the oil pan ~4k miles ago and it was clean –NO SLUDGE! You could still see the cross hatch in the cylinder walls.

Turbo upgraded to a Mitsubishi TD04 (Viggen turbo) @ around 35k miles (The stock Garrett GT17 turbos on these cars were crap)
BSR cone intake with heat shield – Sounds awesome
PCV system removed with remote mount stainless breather. (an upgrade on these cars, stock PCV will put oil into the intake and build up in the Intercooler)
Hyperboost Bypass valve (like a blow off valve but recirculates because of the MAF – sounds awesome not too loud)
SMBC – Series manual boost controller – CAR HAS NEVER SEEN OVER STOCK BOOST EVER! The SMBC only removes the boost limitation in 1st and 2nd gear.
3” Jak Stoll performance down pipe with high flow cat - car sounds awesome but there is a slight leak at the flex pipe.
Saab sport stainless catback exhaust.
Throttle body coolant bypass
Front mount Viggen intercooler
New DIC (Direct Ignition Cassette) at 55k miles
AC works great was charged at the end of summer with Artic Freeze.

Suspension: Car handles very well – would be better with upgraded dampeners

Eibach Pro Line 1.5” drop springs
25mm Rear ARB from Genuine Saab
MP Performance Steering rack clamp and brace to reduce torque steer
17X7 Saab Aero rims off of a 2004 9-3 Aero with 2 sets of rubber included.
15” steelies with Hakkapelitas (now mounted on the car) also included.

The car could use an alignment as it’s been pulling right a little. I put new outer tie rod ends on right before I mounted the snows and never got around to aligning it.
I can have it done before the car is purchased if need be.

Brakes:

Cross drilled rotors front/rear – in nice shape
Metal master pads – Lots of life left
Will include an unopened bottle of ATE super blue with purchase

Interior: 8/10 – in great shape – drivers seat has some wear but no rips – rear passenger side carpet is stained but could probably steam clean out.

Boost/Airfuel gauges on A-pillar painted to match dash.
Charcoal leather seats swapped in front and rear – car originally had cloth.
Leather steering wheel swapped in – airbags still work
Shifter is cut down 3/4” has a black leather Momo shorty shift **** and a black leather shift boot.
4” Infinity Reference Series speakers in the dash
6X9” Infinity Reference Series speakers in the rear – Stock speakers go with the car as well.
Black rubber floor mats in the front – Stock floor mats included
Stock single disk CD player – kept this stock so I could keep the steering wheel controls and not worry about the car getting broken into for the stereo.
Moon roof
Wired for a low power subwoofer set up

Exterior: 7.5/10 Car has been garaged on and off throughout it’s life and has no rust. There are some small dings on the car and stone chips on the hood. Overall it’s in good condition. There is a tiny (1/8”), almost unnoticeable, crack towards the top of the windshield. It’s been there since I bought the car.

Customized “wingless” grill - painted body color
Rear spoiler - painted body color
Porsche “Turbo” emblem - on the rear under the taillight
Sylvania high power headlights (regular color just slightly brighter)
Cleared corner lamps
Deleted fog lights
Removed power antenna because they always break and replaced with a black one.
17X7 Saab Aero rims off of a 2004 9-3 Aero with 2 sets of rubber included. (215/40 BFG Scorchers mounted and newer set of 215/45 Potenzas included)
15” steelies with snow tires mounted on the car now - also included.

This car also comes with a custom fiberglass scoop that I built. It fits in place of the stock driver side corner lamp and directs air directly over the air filter. Was going to have it painted body color but never got around to having it done. The scoop is included but not on the car (only 1 bolt to put it in but you lose your turn signal).

I’m in absolutely no rush to sell this car so no lowball offers please.

This is the only place this car is listed for sale since I would be semi-interested in trades for a LT1/LS1 F-body or C4 Vette……. There is still a lien on the title so not sure how that works though.

Asking $8000

Car is located in the Albany NY area – peterardell@eudoramail.com
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Saab 9-3 Turbo-my-93.jpg   2001 Saab 9-3 Turbo-rockpile.jpg  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Teching In

is it still the stock ic and ecu, or did you upgrade to the B205R (viggen) model ones along with the turbo?
Old 01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Whoa! Someone that knows Saabs on LS1 Tech!?!?

Yup, it's got the Viggen intercooler.
The Viggen style (cross flow/front mount) intercooler came installed stock on the B205E and B205R... so all 9-3s with T7 engine management (from 2000+) had them.

This car is on the stock ECU, and has never had a tuned ECU installed. A tuned ECU should bump this car up around 40hp/50ftlbs to the wheels.
This car has never seen boost higher than the stock ECU allows, and runs nice and rich under WOT.

I got to thinking about it and when you plug the numbers into a horsepower calc (http://www.tunercalcs.com/hp-from-qu...rap-speed.html)
it says that this car is putting down 238whp which sounds a little high. The car probably weighs around 3100lbs... closer to 3350 with my fat *** in it. The 1/4 mile time is slightly better than a stock Viggen (with a lousy 60ft), and some of them put down ~230hp/260tq+ to the wheels stock.

The hardware installed on the car now is Stage 4. (Intake/3" DP/catback/TD04)
Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Hmm, I just noticed its in NY though. Too bad I'm in WI or I'd have liked to look at it. Good luck, they're fun cars to drive!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Bump!

Forgot to mention it has a lower temp thermo from a 9000 Aero installed also.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Bump!

$7500/obo

Last edited by B4Cya; 01-08-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Bump for lower price!

$7,500/OBO
Old 01-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Staging Lane

Bump!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane