1971 Buick Opel Kadett Wagon, RARE Drag Car. ROLLING *Cincy, Ohio*

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 1971 Buick Opel Kadett Wagon, RARE Drag Car. ROLLING *Cincy, Ohio*

Its a rare 1971 Opel Kadett Wagon. This car is super rare to be in the shape that its in. Original paint, original emblems. its setup as a drag car right now, could be made into a street car. The headlights tail lights work. The body is all steel, NO lexan windows. Square tube and round tube chassis, ladder bars. adj. drag shocks in front with coil overs in rear. olds rear with 5.13 gear set, steel spool. 29.5x10.5 MT slicks with 15 passes, they are like new. Can fit a 31x12 slick if need be. Straight axle front end. Tilt front end. Has all the original chrome on the car thats in great shape. Car has been drag racing from the mid 80's, and has worked very well with a 500hp small block. Right now the car has a BBC and pulls the wheels everytime. Car is a roller, no motor no trans. set up for BBC or SBC with th400, and have custom motor plates for both. Custom headers for BBC come with the car. Fuel cell mounted in hatch, sumped with mallory comp 140 pump and fuel filter. Fuel lines are hard lined from cell to pressure regulator, 1/2" lines. Full alum interior with 2 kirkley drag seats. hurst quarter stick for forward th400. 12pt cage, should be able to get it certified. Auto meter gauges, 5" tach 2 5/8 water and oil.

3.5" heavy duty custom driveshaft, with 5-178 spicer joints. new 4 core radiator, 11" electric fan, 8.5"x11"x1.5" trans cooler with hard lines to trans. New 4 wheel drums, new wheel cylinders and shoes. New MSD 6al box and new blaster 2 coil.

I am posting in on here cause i thought maybe someone would put a LSx motor in this thing, and that would be different! The car is ready is go, hooks hard. I just don't have time to work on this car, and would like to see something get done with this. you will not find another more original Kadett wagon than this. Doors shut solid. Car is awesome for what it is.

price is set at $7,500OBO.

PM me with questions or call 513-288-1969 and ask for Charlie.

Here are the pics.

Please excuse the pictures for being dark, They were taken at nighttime.

-Charlie

Last edited by BES Stroked Nova; 01-22-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

bring it up.. make offers
Old 01-22-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats it doing in the 1/4

Hp numbers?
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

with this motor in it, very mild cam, like not even a .500" lift, it pulls the wheels and went 11.0's letting off. cuz of to much gear in the rear. Car is sold without the motor.

I'd like to see a LSx in this thing!

Quick Reply: 1971 Buick Opel Kadett Wagon, RARE Drag Car. ROLLING *Cincy, Ohio*