For Sale: 1988 Mustang ex-patrol car coupe, forged 306, C4, nice

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For Sale: 1988 Mustang ex-patrol car coupe, forged 306, C4, nice

Cartersville, GA

FOR SALE:

1988 Mustang LX Coupe ex-Georgia State Patrol Car SSP Package http://www.answers.com/topic/ford-mustang-ssp

Engine: 306ci balanced/blueprinted V8, bored .030 over, forged fly cut pistons, w/ Edelbrock Aluminum Heads 2.02 intake/1.60 exhaust, Crane 1.7 Rocker Arms, Ford Racing F303 Cam, tuned by Prospeed Perf.
Shocks: New Lakewood 90/10 Fronts and 50/50 Rears
Springs: Moroso Trick Springs front, stock V8 rear springs
Suspension: Steeda lower control arms –boxed uppers
Chassis: Steeda boxed subframe connectors
Drive Shaft: Ford Racing Aluminum
Transmission: New C4 w/ 3300 Stall
Rear-end: 8.8” w/ Auburn Locker, 4:10 gear, Ford Racing 28 spline axles, and MAC differential cover
Fuel System: 24lb Injectors, 190lb fuel pump, NOS Adj. fuel pressure regulator, NOS fuel pressure gauge
Nitrous System: Nitrous Works Plate Kit –Wet 50-200 shot, NOS Windshield mounted Purge Kit, Ash tray conversion w/ Nitrous Control Panel, dual tune Flip Chip, and trunk mounted polished bottle
Exhaust: BBK full-length headers, BBK X-Pipe, MAC stainless cat-back with polished tail pipes
Cooling System: Ford Motorsports Aluminum Radiator, new High Flow water pump, electric fan and thermostat control
Ignition: MSD Box, 1.5 ohm Accel Cylinder Coil, new starter, new alternator, Ford Racing wires, Autolite plugs, and trunk mounted battery & box w/ ON/OFF switch
Intake: EFI Mass Air Conversion and Computer, BBK Power Pipe, 76mm Mass Air, 70mm MAC Throttle Body, and Trick Flow R Race Intake w/ matching lower intake
Show: Fabricated sheetmetal valve covers, chrome water neck, chrome oil filter cover, Moroso catch-can, Cervini’s 2.5” Cowl Induction Hood
Pulleys: March Underdrive Pulleys
Deletes: A/C, Power Steering, Smog (have parts to replace A/C and Power Steering)
Gauges: Auto Meter Tach, Engine Temp, Oil Pressure
Wheels: Weld Draglite 15x3.5 front, 15x8 rear
Tires: 165 r15 front, 275/50-15 Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials rear
Color: Blue w/ mystic Saleen style stripes
Misc.: New windshield, new cowl, new tires, window tint, and fresh tune-up

This car belongs to a long time friend of mine and Ford enthusiast who owned the car since the 90’s. He purchased the car and began to convert it from the HO GA State Patrol Car to the list above. The bottom-end is forged and was $4,000 alone with 7,000 miles on it, and there’s tons more details about the engine but I can’t put my hands on the build sheet. The top-end has 1,500 miles on it and includes the new Trick Flow R series intake. The title is clean and car fax clear. The odometer is showing 65k, even if its actually rolled over all drivetrain has been freshened or replaced w/ new –including the dead-silent rear-end. The car has been meticulously cared for as a weekend hot-rod. The car has been down the drag strip a dozen times for test and tune, but by no means abused as you can tell by the tightness of the car. The C4 Transmission is brand new with less than 500 miles and no track passes, along with lots of new parts. The mechanic at Garrett Motorsports who installed the nitrous and ignition systems says “its one of the fastest mustangs he’s ever put his a$$ in”, and he drives a turbo coupe himself. This is a sharp 88 Coupe with good full interior with power windows and locks, great paint for 6 yr old paint, and gets looks like nothing else. The car cranks and drives great, and revs very quickly. Just like the owner says, it would be impossible to find or build a coupe that is this slick, will pull the front tires in the air on the street, run 6’s on spray, 7’s N/A, be able to cruise around town w/ full interior, and all in an ex-patrol car for this money.

Straight up sale: $11,000.
Note: He will entertain offers 770-548-8353. If you think its priced too high, that’s OK, but no flaming my post please as you all know these cars can’t easily be replaced.

You must call Travis 770-548-8353 for info, do not reply to post as I've given all the info I have.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous notchback!..... I wish I had the money!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Is One Bad Pony !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:08 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks, it was dyno tuned and it put a bunch of power down considering it was through the C4 3spd and the stall. It will make somebody a nice car.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 AM
10 Second Club

Default still for sale

still for sale

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1988 Mustang ex-patrol car coupe, forged 306, C4, nice