FS/FT:1978 Camaro Z/28 350/4-speed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008 | 09:04 AM
Teching In

Default FS/FT:1978 Camaro Z/28 350/4-speed.

I am selling a long time project. It is a 1978 Camaro Z/28. The car is very close to being done..to the point where you could register it and drive it now..but i wanted it 100% finished before i did. The body is all stock..right now the bady work has began..but it is in primer. The hood was done for a school project of mine and won 2 first places..so we were going to do the whole car that way. But so far it is all primed black. This car is SOLID...no rust through. I do have tons of extra fenders and doors for this car if wanted. Now for the fun''the drive train. Motor and trans have about less than a mile..just moving it in and out of the garage. The motor is a 350 4-bolt main. Fully rebuilt. The internals are stock..of course not including bearings. The crank has been truned but the block did not need to be bored. It has a Renegade mild street/strip cam, and pete Jackson Gear-drive. The heads are Bowtie angle plug heads with over-size valves. It has hardened welded pushrods..and aluminum roller rocker arms. It has a high-rise Chevy aluminum intake and a Edelbrock 650cfm carb. It breathes through a set of long tube headers with 1 1/2 primaries and 3" collector. It does have FUNCTIONAL shielded side-pipes and it sound great! All that power is put to the wheels through a fully rebuilt 4-speed muncie trans with 11-inch clutch. The car was converted to standard. But original 2nd gen camaro pedals, linkage, bell cranks have been used. and it works perfectly. Has a hurst short-throw shifter. The inerior is in fair condition. Could use a little cleaning. But it looks very good for the year. I am asking 6000 obo. or trade for a V8 camaro or mustang..preferably late model. i have too many early model camaros. or maybe any other nteresting trade. let me know what u got. thanx for looking!
if u need more pix feel free to give me your email and what pics you want and ill shoot you a few. sorry about the bad pics..i dnt hve my camera on me...i will take many more this afternoon for anyone interested.

this was the first start-up. This was before priming it and before sidepipes
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Ak_Y6dnmt8

this was after sidepipes. but still before it was primed.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KfNNVkDtfj8
Old 04-08-2008 | 06:50 PM
Teching In

bump.
Old 04-09-2008 | 11:14 AM
Teching In

bump.

Quick Reply: FS/FT:1978 Camaro Z/28 350/4-speed.