Pontiac Grand Prix 355, 700R4, GN 8.5 diff, 425HP

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pontiac Grand Prix 355, 700R4, GN 8.5 diff, 425HP

The car has always been garage stored. It has not been driven in the rain or snow for the last 15 years. Only top dollar parts were purchased for the car, and hundreds of hours of care and engineering went into the assembly and custom fabrication.

The highlight of the car is the drive train, making 425hp and 425tq through a freshly rebuild 700r4 4 speed transmission and an 8.5” GN rear differential. This includes a 350 high nickel block that has been bored out to .030 with forged TRW pistons, topped off with heavily modified (AFR Clones) Corvette aluminium cylinder heads with a Holley 750. The engine sounds great through the dual 3” exhaust too! The cam is not radical thus making it very street-able but since the heads perform so well, the car makes awesome power output. I just had a fresh performance 700r4 transmission (stage 2) installed into the car; it has new bands, clutches and a shift kit, with a 3000RPM stall converter (lock up type). The differential is from an 87’ Grand National that has been fully rebuilt with 3.42 gears with all new parts, it is designed to be bullet-proof. This package is extremely reliable and drivable. You can cruise the highways at 2000 RPM doing 60MPH, and take the car to the track to run 12’s. There is also no need to worry about idling in traffic as the dual electric fans with the 3 core radiator keep the engine at 190ºC all the time. This is the best driveable combination of parts available for the G-body! Don’t be fooled by other cars that come with the stock 7.5” 10 bolt diff, and a 3 speed transmission as they will not be reliable or driveable.

Every piece of the suspension has been replaced or modified with a new, upgraded piece. This includes every ball joint and bushing in the front end and every bushing in the rear end. Polly urethane bushings were used through out. The rear upper and lower control arms have been boxed in and I have added a heavy duty rear sway bar. The shocks and front springs have been replaced.

The interior is in near new condition and features a new head liner, all mechanical gauges including a 4” tachometer, and a center console with a 4 speed shifter. I recently installed a CD player with 6 speaker surround sound conversion. It has a chrome steering wheel with ebony signature series bucket seats.

The body is in very good shape for its age, it had a complete body / paint job performed on it 10 years ago, and still looks good! I installed Corvette side view mirrors, and gold IROC rims wrapped with fairly new BF Goodrich tires.

Mechanically this car is new and will last for a very long time. It drives straight, hooks and stops excellent. I’m sure I missed mentioning some parts, but think of it this way, the only parts that have not been modified or replaced on the car are the steering column, power steering box and power steering pump; everything else has been rebuilt, replaced or modified. The car has a clean title and is currently registered in Ontario. It runs 12.9 ET @ 108 consistently in the quarter mile and has a top speed of 245kph.

The car is located in Carp, Ontario, Canada. The car can be seen by appointment. I encourage any serious buyers to come by and take a drive, to feel and see what a finely tuned piece of machinery can do. Delivery can be arranged.

Here is a link of the car starting up:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bAvPfAQdDpA

Does the car go?
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dAk8gL07MTw

If you are interested in seeing specific parts just let me know and I will take a picture and send it to you.

I guarantee everything works on the car, even the original lighter! You will not be disappointed. I promise you that you will have a great time blowing the doors off your friends’ cars at the track and then drive it home without any issues.

Email: mac_aroni17@yahoo.ca

Engine:
Edelbrock signature series air filter
750 Holley double pumper 72/82 jets
Hurricane / Victor Jr. intake, gasket matched to heads
L98 Aluminum heads with Corvette Valve covers
Larger 2.0 int. 1.55 exhaust valves
Professional porting
Crane valve springs
Self aligning rockers
Polly locks
.495 lift 236 @ .050 Comp Cams Camshaft
True double roller timing chain
Chrome timing cover
TRW forged flat top pistons
355ci .030 over 350 high nickel 4 bolt main block
Merlin High pressure/ volume oil pump
Machined Crank 10/20
Fully balanced rotating assembly
8" balanced harmonic dampener
7qt deep sump oil pan with door flap
Clevite 77 bearings trough out
Felpro gaskets
20psi idle and 65psi @ 6000rpm
New water pump / alternator / fuel pump
Serpentine conversion on the alternator belt
Accel HEI super coil
Accel Cap and Rotor
Accel 300+ race wires
Accel curve kit
New Ignition module
Flowtech headers
3” dual exhaust with Dynomax mufflers
Only use Mobil 1 oil

The engine has 425Hp and 425 tq and was fully rebuilt in 2005 and has 4000Km on it.

Cooling:
3 core rad with dual electric fans on thermo switch
Dual solenoid hook up with manual bypass

Suspension / Brakes:
Polyurethane bushings front and rear
New Inner and outer tie rods
New Upper and lower ball joints
New Idler arm
New front springs
Heavy duty rear sway bar
Polyurethane sway bar end links

New front rotors + pads
Rebuilt front callipers
Recent rear drums
Recent rear shoes
New brake lines from front to back
Recent master cylinder
Brake proportioning valve
Recent alignment

Transmission and Drive train:
Stage 2 700-R4 4spd transmission (fresh) less than 500km since rebuild
New clutches and bands and recalibrated shift points
Corvette servo
3000rpm stall lock up converter
Balanced and shortened drive shaft with new heavy duty universal joints
Completely rebuilt 8.5 Grand National rear end w/ 3.42 gears + Eaton Posi
Aluminum stud girdle
28 spline axles
New bearings and seals
New backing plates

16” Gold IROC rims with new BFGoodrich tires 245/50/R16
99% Front
60% Rear

The transmission was fully rebuilt in 2007 and has less than 500km on it
The rear end was rebuilt in 2004 and has 7500Km on it.

Interior:
New Bucket Seats
4 speed shifter with new cable
6 speaker conversion
Recent CD player
All mechanical gauges including:
- Oil pressure
- Water Temperature
- Voltage
- Transmission Temperature
- Tachometer
- Engine Vacuum gauge
Chrome steering wheel
New head liner
Full Alarm with two remotes

Body and Frame:
Rear frame sections have been replaced
New studs in rear frame section
Driver side floor replaced and raised
Reinforced front frame bracing
New gas Tank
New Fuel lines
Corvette side view mirrors
Optional Push bar
Aluminum rear bumper with excellent shape chrome cover.
Tinted sunroof

Quick Reply: Pontiac Grand Prix 355, 700R4, GN 8.5 diff, 425HP