1970 Prostreet Nova - Fully Restored and Modified

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008 | 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

From: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

pm me your contact number. we actually talked about this car a few months back on turbobuicks.com. when i had my gn for sale. i live in georgia.
Old 09-06-2008 | 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey there,

Yes, I vaguely remember - sorry, so much has been going on the last few months, I feel like I have a traffic jam in my head. LOL.

Anyways, I PMed you back. Give me a call when you get a chance.
Old 09-06-2008 | 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by prochargedchevyi
$15,500 obo!!!!!!

Gentlemen,

This car took me 2 full years to restore and get it to it's current state. It is NOT for a novice! The last thing I want is for someone to get it and kill themselves and ruin this beautiful piece of history.

Here are the some details for you guys:

BODY
-1970 Nova
-Body was soda blasted and all body panels have been replaced with Goodmark reproduction metal (2 Front New fenders, New trunk panel, 2 New quarter panels, 2 New door skins, New 4" Harwood Cowl hood, New Cowl Vent, 2 New inner fenders, New radiator core support)
-Roof was replaced with a 69' roof found in Sebring, Florida
-New Front windsheild and Rear Glass
-All new chrome and trim throughout
-Restored SS grill and headlight bezels
-New Front and Rear bumper
-New trunk floor with new braces
-Paint is 05' Viper Metallic Silver with Jet Black racing stripes

Motor

-383ci - 4-bolt main block
-Retrofitted with full hydraulic roller Crane Cam and lifters 248* .579int .595ex
-Forged Eagle ESP H-Beam Connecting Rods (5.7")
-Forged Eagle Ultralite Crank
-Forged JE Pistons -16cc invert. Dome
-Professional Products Hurricane Hi-rise intake
-RHS heads 210cc Int runner 58cc chamber - fully ported
-Barry Grant Mighty Demon 750cfm carb
-Milidon 7qt deep oil pan
-All billet accessories
-B&M flexplate
-Hooker Ceramic LT headers with 3" exhaust all the way back through Hooker Mufflers
-Edelbrock 110GPH fuel pump
-High Torque Starter

**Engine made 567FWHP N/A at Theengineworks.com after assembly. It was blueprinted to handle nitrous. ALOT of nitrous (250-400shot). So it'll handle 750+hp all day long. I've never had a bottle on it, but I'll leave that for the new owner**

Transmission
-Doug Herbert Th350 with 3000 Redneck Racing Conv.
-Hurst Pro Stick with custom perch
-Extra capacity ATF pan
-B&M 24,000LBS GVW fluid cooler
-New 3" driveshaft

Rear End
-8.5" 10-bolt rear
-POSI Eaton Series III differential
-4.10 Superior Gear
-Moser Forged yoke
-Monoleaf Springs with KYB shocks

Rolling Gear
-Weld Prostars 15"x3.5" skinnies with M/T Sportman tires
-Weld Prostars 15"x8" with Nitto 555R's D/R's

Front End
-QA1 1.5" drop springs with KYB shocks
-New upper and lower ball joints
-Energy Suspension polyurethane suspension rebuild kit with body mounts
-Subframe w/A-arms were removed and sandblasted and then painted semi gloss black

Interior
-Believe it or not, but the interior is the original 1970 bench seat, door panels, headliner, dash, and rear seat. I have replaced the carpet, dashpad, package tray, restored the gauge cluster, and installed an AutoMeter Wideband o2 sensor.

Well that's about it. The car is an absolutely immaculate restoration that took me over 2 years to complete. Every nut, bolt, and washer was either replaced or wire-wheeled down and painted black. This is a true sub-frame off restoration.

I made a slideshow for anyone that's interested in seeing the car. Just PM me and I'll send the link to my photobucket so you guys can see some of the pics from the build.

The bottom line is, the car is a MONSTER! I basically tried to theme the car after a late 60's SoCal dragster by using the traditional racing stripes and leaving the upper window frames flat back.

The car only has less than 200 miles on it since finished - the engine, tranny, and rear end aren't even broken-in yet!

I'm looking to get $15,500 OBO for it. We live in a very nice and quiet neighborhood and our HOA is pissed because of this car. It's loud and the older crowd gets annoyed when we take it out of our community. It honestly is killing me to sell my baby, but you can't choose your neighbors and I love LSX's so it seems like a natural transition.

I know I'm forgetting something so PM me if you have any questions. Here is the slideshow (click on the 1st picture): After you're done viewing the slide show, click on the tab that says "View Album" and you'll be able to see the car during the entire restoration process. Enjoy!

Here are some new pictures that aren't in the slide show. It shows the fully-dressed engine bay, wideband, and new shifter. Sorry for the crappy quality, but I shot these quickly just to post on here.

Thanks for looking.

Vince
I was looking at Selling "FEAR" my stage II GN, its on the Buick boards alot, you can check it out and is on this board as well, you may have heard of it, but would put his out there for you, but would need cash from you +car if you can do that? Beautiful car by the way, just nice. I would definitely put a big shot of nitrous or blower though. Let me know
Old 09-07-2008 | 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

By popular demand, I have taken about 40 or so new pictures of the car. It actually stopped raining for 10 minutes for me to do so. The last pictures I took absolutely sucked and didn't do the car any justice - these are a little better and should give you guys a better understanding of the unbelievable value this car is.

Enjoy:

Old 09-07-2008 | 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 09-07-2008 | 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Last edited by prochargedchevyi; 09-07-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2008 | 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

AND...a short vid

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

On Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-08-2008 | 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sale Pending....Down payment received.

Quick Reply: 1970 Prostreet Nova - Fully Restored and Modified