Sellingg my drop dead gorgeous, fast, show and go, 1970 Dodge Charger 500 (440 cid)!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sellingg my drop dead gorgeous, fast, show and go, 1970 Dodge Charger 500 (440 cid)!

I am selling my pride and joy incredible, turn key, show winning and drive it anywhere reliable 1970 Dodge Charger (500), with nicely built 440 Motor with perfect street cam. Asking $36,500 obo for the car.

This car I have owned for 2 years and 2000 miles on have driven it to many car shows and she never left me stranded and is 100% reliable, and drop dead gorgeous and fast. I have owned a lot of vettes and muscle cars and this baby gets the most attention out of them all. It is not a numbers matching car but has been professionaly built with all new motor, drivetrain, driveline components, and is WAY BETTER than stock oem and you don't have to be so afraid to enjoy it since its not all numbers matching. Was built to be a cruising show car, and that is exactly what it it. It has a very unique Quetzel Green Green Metallic (with gold flake) that gets it a TON of attention, with a classic Muscle Car Mopar looking Color with black vinyl top and interior. Not an original MOPAR color but very close, and has fooled several hard core MOPAR enthusiasts about being a oem MOPAR color from back in the classic Muscle Car days.

The car is a 1970 Dodge Charger (500), brand new TCI 727 torque flight automatic tranny, with friendly street TCI stall converter, with perfectly built 440 motor that uses no oil and pers like a kitty. Has a mild street cam with great torque down low (and great street manners) and new Edlebrock Performer Alum. heads. Has new Crager SS Rims and Tires on it, that look great on the car and give it that classic time period correct look. The fact that it is a Dodge Charger 500 (model) gives it a uniqueness that you just don't see, as 90% of the 68 to 70 chargers you see at cruise nights, etc, are either RTs, or have RT badging on them, where this has the 500 black stripe in back and 500 badging on front grill.

Car has not been abused or drag raced. Been a nice weather toy for me that I take to the car shows and with its highway friendly .323 gears you can jump on the higway and drive across the country, passing people at ease at 120 mph (with more pedal to go). Did I mention it has air conditioning that works well with chrome retro style fit A/C Air Compressor for those 90 degree days!

I am asking $35,500 obo for this gorgeous show and go machine and the car is located in the west suburbs of Chicago. Time for me to pay Uncle Same taxes so I must part with my baby and it will hurt. PM me if interested or kindly pass this info on if you no anyone who is a Dodge Charger MOPAR nut! Also, the car comes with a legible build sheet and fender tag for anyone who would want to decode it and verify that it is an original "Charger 500." This was never done by me as it was not important to me but from what the previous owner told me I would be VERY SURPRISED if it was not an orginal "Model 500."

If you are really serious about this car call me on my cell from 9:00 a.m., up until 11:30 pm (central standard time 7 days a week) at (312) 259-8410 (no tire kickers please)!

I forget to mention the car is rust free, has been professionally restored and is in FANTASTIC cosmetic and mechancial shape. PLEASE no TIRE KICKERS, if you can't afford this type of Classic Muscle Car (going up in price as time goes on) let's not waste each other's time! Car is driven about 20 miles a week during the car season to many cruise nights and garaged in heated garaged and covered up all winter, and I start her up every 3 weeks and she fires right up everytime (even if it sits for one month).

Here are 46 pictures just taken of the car last week August 23, 2008. The pics show the great look, stance and shape of the car and the detailed engine bay, but do not reflect the true deep green color of the paint as the color showed on the pics makes the green have too much blue in it which it does not. The actual color of the car is very, very close to the old classic Chevy color Rally Green found on a 68 Camaro.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20393205

HERE is a lot more info I obtained from guy I bought the Charger from out of Carson City Nevada, that tells about all new mechanical parts he put in, etc., etc.:

1970 Dodge Charger 500. 440 hp2 block has forged crank,trw .040 forged flat top coated pistons.Brand new Edlebrock performer RPM aluminum heads.polished edlebrock performer intake with new Holley 750 3310 carb topped with K&N extreme air filter. Electric fuel pump with 3/8 braided steel line from tank to carb. 488 lift Summit cam. New 26" 3 core radiator with 10" aux fan to cool A/C condensor. All new mopar performance hydrolic valve train. New TCI Street Fighter trans hooked to new TCI breakaway 2500 stall converter driving a 83/4 posi 489 rear with 323 gears. Hooker super comp headers with 2 1/2 Flow Master 40 series mufflers. All new Crager s/s wheels: 8"x15 rears with 295/50's, 6"x15 fronts with 215/65's. Front disc brakes. Interior is black high back cloth,new headliner,and original door panels,one small tear in lower drivers door. Body is straight!!! new black top. Everthing works on this car even the trunk,map,and reading light! lower left rear quarter behind wheelwell lhas had sheet metal patch. This car runs and sounds like the muscle car it is. Have won or placed in every local show it has entered!!! The paint( Quetzal Green Metalic) is a real attention getter. NADA prices these cars at$ 56,000!!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Late summer price drop-Frist $34,000 takes her home!!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

This incredible relaible fast and rare machine is now being offered at $32,000, way below fair market value! Have recent professional appraisel from Volo Autom Museum dated June 2, 2008, for $39,500 and car comes with original broadcast sheet and fender tag, authenticating it as a real Charger 500. You will not find a Charger that looks and performs like this ANYWHERE for this price, that was built as good as this car and that is as turnkey reliable as my 70 Charger 500, that can be driven cross country and has air conditioning that blows ice cold also and can be driven on the highway cruising at 100 mph with it highway friendly .323 gears!

Not to mention this is one of the best looking sharp unique Chargers that I have ever seen and there is not another one that looks like this and it draw people to it from ages 3 to 85 like a freaking MAGNET! It truely is a one of a kind machine! :thumbs:
Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car!!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
beautiful car!!

Thanks bro, I appreciate it!

Now is the time to buy her for $32,000 as she is going to Volo Auto Museum on consignment in about 10 days and once there she is out of my hands and you can add 10% onto the purchase price for Volo's consignment fee!

Here are some new pics which more accuratley depict the rally green type paint that you would find on a 68 camaro as the colors our very close.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f5...ator4/Charger/
Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now is the time to steal this bad boy from me.
First $26,000 firm get's my beatiful Charger and as of Saturday she's gone!

I have to make my room for my new old school Pro Street 71 Big Block Camaro RS depicted below.

http://fototime.com/inv/73C32EC051099B4

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 10-16-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Final price reduction down to $25,000 and this price will last only for about another week and then off to Volo for consignment and then price goes WAY UP!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had the coin, I'd be all over it. Someone will be getting a true classic.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

This beauty has been sold and is being driven back to New York from Chicago as I type by its new owner who knew how to take advantage of a buyers market in this screwed up economy!

Quick Reply: Sellingg my drop dead gorgeous, fast, show and go, 1970 Dodge Charger 500 (440 cid)!