Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB: 99-01 Formula Hardtop - SOM, Silver, or Black only - prefer A4

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB: 99-01 Formula Hardtop - SOM, Silver, or Black only - prefer A4

Ok guys, here's the deal, my Formula burned a while back and I don't know yet if the insurance company is going to let me buy it back or not. In the mean time, I thought I'd see what I could find for either donor vehicles or replacement cars. I'm not going to be too picky on condition...but I am not interested in cars that need body work; I have a 9", tranny, and built engine for the car (all that survived) so cars with mechanical issues are welcome...what I don't have is a body with wires in it. I'm only looking for a hardtop Formula in either black, silver, or sunset orange. I don't want to be rude to anyone out there who has an awesome car...but those are the only cars I am interested in at this time. The price I'm willing to pay will of course depend on the condition and build level of the car. Big preference will be given to silver A4 cars. Just so everyone is clear I am not interested in any t-top cars, T/A's, 98's, or any color but the ones listed above...although I might consider a BPM hardtop. Thanks for your time! I'm sure I'll get a question about why no 98...basically because right now I haven't decided whether to reuse my car or not...or whether to stay with GM computer of BS3 - and the 98's computer/wiring is more of a headache than I want to deal with on top of everything else.

Let me know what you've got!

Thanks!

Zach

Last edited by FormulaZR; 11-23-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autotrader

I think this one is exactly what your are looking for, the seller is a member on here also, I'm sure he could tell you more about it
Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

FYI there were no 2002 hardtops, GL with your search as there were probably only about 1500 or so hardtops ever made, I have owned 4 of them

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...a-hardtop.html

Last edited by 98LS1Formula; 11-20-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Teching In

See vehicles for sale, 2000 NHRA Edition Formula Hardtop, D Lee.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy
Autotrader

I think this one is exactly what your are looking for, the seller is a member on here also, I'm sure he could tell you more about it
Thanks for the info, and it was exactly what I wanted...but upon contacting the seller, it turns out that it's Pewter. Thanks so much, though.

Originally Posted by 98LS1Formula
FYI there were no 2002 hardtops, GL with your search as there were probably only about 1500 or so hardtops ever made, I have owned 4 of them

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...a-hardtop.html
Thanks for the info on the 02's. My Formula that burned was a hardtop also. I wish your car was silver.

Originally Posted by dlee
See vehicles for sale, 2000 NHRA Edition Formula Hardtop, D Lee.
If it's the one above, it's actually pewter. But I will look for another one, I think I remember seeing a black one a while back...but I was hoping a silver one would come out of the woodwork. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

OK...I may have found a black one, but I'd really prefer silver. IF anyone knows of a silver one out there please let me know....if not, I'll probably wind up with this one!!!