Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTT: Jeep Grand Cherokee + cash for LS1/LT1 6speed ttop car

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: Jeep Grand Cherokee + cash for LS1/LT1 6speed ttop car

EMAIL ME AT: FoxRacin1515@aol.com for the quickest response!!

Looking to trade my Jeep plus a little bit of cash if needed for a LS1/LT1 car. I have around $1500 available for THE RIGHT car.

What I am looking for, no exceptions.
-LS1 or LT1
-6 speed
-T-tops
-NO purple or teal
-NO projects

I am located in Central Illinois, you must be fairly local or willing to drive.

I gotta real clean 1998 Grand Cherokee Larado. Not beaten and rusty like a lot of Jeep of this age and Jeeps in general. Was owned by a couple with a baby before I got it and they told me they bought it from one of their parents. It's had a real leisurely life.

The Basics:
-4.0 I6 with only 119,xxx on it, which as you know is nothing for these Jeeps.
-Has the 242 transfer case, which offers part time, full time and 4 lo.
-No mechanical problems to speak of, it's rock solid reliable and gets the job done in this winter weather and is easy on gas (for a jeep)
-All I'd say it needs sometime soon is a trans fluid flush and refill.

It's got a decent VR3 CD player in it, which has a built in 3" screen which will play DVD movies or if you want to run something like an auxillery overhead screen it has outputs for that.

I very particular about my vehicles and try to spare to expense in fixing their issues, since they are a hefty investment. For that reason, less than 1000k miles ago the Jeep got over $1,200 in repairs WITH receipt to prove it. The problem began when I was letting the car warm up one day, I noticed the temp gauge going a littttle too high for my liking. So I shut her down and popped the hood. Long story short I ended up replacing almost all of the cooling system just to blanket cover any issues I'd have down the road.

I took it to a shop and got the following done.
-HEAD GASKET REPLACEMENT
-NEW WATER PUMP
-NEW RADIATOR
-FRESH COOLANT
-NEW BELT

They sent the head out to be checked for cracks and it was all good. Pistons looked GREAT when the head was pulled, no carbon built up or anything. Didn't have fouled plugs either. Looks very very solid for a 120k mile motor.

Anyways, prior to me owning it, the previous owner said his father was buddies with some guy at a chrysler dealer and someone stiffed them on a complete wiring harness for this year Jeep, so the guy ended up getting it throw on for super super cheap. So all major wiring under the hood has like 30k miles on it, which is really nice! electrical gremlins are HARD to diagnose so it's nice that these wires arn't 11 years old and beat up/cracked.

The interior is very very clean, id dont think there are any rips anywhere.
PICS

Last edited by 95 Camaro Z28; 04-08-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT...still kinda lookin

Quick Reply: WTT: Jeep Grand Cherokee + cash for LS1/LT1 6speed ttop car