Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTT: 2008 Dodge Charger for C5 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: 2008 Dodge Charger for C5 Corvette

Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: Charger
Price: trade
Mileage: 54k ish
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Color: Black
Transmission: Auto
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Hemi

Well guys, figured I'd might as well throw this out there to see if there's any interest.

I bought a cheap beater car (94 Civic) and hardly drive the Charger anymore, and would be interested in trading it for a C5 Corvette.

Some details on my car:

It's a black 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with the Road and Track Package (which includes the larger sway bars, R/T seats with suede inserts, 20" wheels, and 10 more hp, plus a few other things). It currently has 54,xxx miles on it, and I do drive it to work once or twice a week, so that number will slowly increase.

It has every option on it from the factory minus the HID headlights. So it has the sunroof, touchscreen nav (much better than the pre-2008 units that did not offer MyGig touch nav), Road and Track Package, 368w Boston sound system, power everything (including driver and passenger seats), heated seats.

I am the 2nd owner. Bought it 6 months after the original owner purchased the car...when he found out his wife was pregnant again, and thus needed to sell to put a down payment on a house. I bought it from when it had 8k on it. Since then I've done the following:

- Installed a Bassani exhaust (nice tone without being overbearing)
- Installed a DiabloSport predator tune
- Tinted the windows (20% using 3M colorstable)
- Installed C&L cold air intake
- Installed a small amp and sub in the trunk
- Replaced the stock tires with Yokohama Parada Spec-X's (about 5k miles on them, tons of tread left)
- Changed oil every 5k with Pennzoil full synthetic
- Plugs changed at 45K
- HID low beams and fog lights

I'm sure there's more, but I haven't got a full list to run though. The car was backed into at a mall once (fixed the quarter panel, but there still are some small scratches (about 3) in the bumper. Dealer wanted 600 since the whole bumper was supposed to be removed and repainted, I said no thanks, had them pull the dent out and buff the scratches as best as possible. There's also a small (1.5"ish long) scratch above the right front tire. Other than that, besides a few tiny chips here or there, the car is in great shape.

What I'm really looking for is a 2002-2004 Z06. Seems from the prices here and what I've seen '08s go for, it should be close. KBB is 22k, but I'm not expecting that. I would consider non Z06 modded 'vettes, but either way, it has to be a M6. I'd prefer a straight trade, but if something enticing comes along, I can add cash.

Title is in hand.

Let me know if you have some interest, and we can discuss it further. Car is located in Central PA. I can get some more current pics if there is interest (all the pictures I have are from last summer and earlier).

Here's just a photo from a contest:

-Dave