Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTB: T56 LS1 F-body

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink WTB: T56 LS1 F-body

Hi! I'm interested in buying an LS1 F-body with these needs/wants. I've looked around here and on craigslist and while I've seen some good stuff sometimes sellers backed out or didn't respond. Unless close by to Charlotte, NC where I live, I might like to buy around Oct. 9-13 when I'm on fall break. Here we go:

Needs/Wants:
-Coupe or T-top, T-top preferred.
-T56 Manual
-LS1 (1998-2002 model years)
-Has less than 150k miles
-Is in good running condition, without major broken components, mainly A/C, engine, and transmission problems.
-Preferably isn't super highly modified for a lot of power. I don't really trust myself with 350+rwhp and don't have anywhere to really stretch its legs with that much.
-The type of mods I do like are catback exhausts (Magnaflow is my fav but seriously anything over stock is good), suspension upgrades, Tick upgrades, brake upgrades, wheel/tire upgrades, bolt-ons, and maybe minor tunes that eliminate skipshift and add a bit more power.
-Exterior: Black, White, Pewter Gray, Blue, Red, or Silver preferred. Would like the exterior to be semi-decent at least.
-Interior: Gray or Black preferred, Leather or Cloth doesn't matter. Would like interior to be semi-decent at least.
-Title: Clean and in-hand by the time I arrive.
-Price: Strongly prefer not over $10k, would prefer $7-8k range.

Last edited by front2back; 09-29-2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Ive got a 01 SS SLP car 89k miles for sale here in Las Cruces, NM! a ways away but i can let it go for 9k, just got to find a way to get it to NC, text me! 575-993-4480
Old 09-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a red 2000 SS T56 t-top with 56k miles clean title. Full suspension, bolt ons, tick tranny, etc. Car is located up in Michigan. Looking for a little more than your 10k max, but let me know if you want anymore info. email me at mjdefouw@gmail.com
Old 10-01-2015, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with your search. Prices start to drop right around this time and last all the way through March. You might find something in the next few weeks though the best deals tend to show up in Jan-March. Since you're not specifying a WS6/FH like 75% of the WTB's here, your best bang for the buck in the $10K and under range are the '98-'00 Z28's and SS's. No real difference in performance between the '98-'02 cars...at least nothing that can't be fixed with a better exhaust and a lid.

For $10K you can probably find a decent Z28/SS with under 60-65K miles. If you go the WS6 route you might get a 90K-100K mile car for that price. If it were me I'd shoot for the earlier year base models in order to land a lower mileage, better kept overall car...that will improve the odds it will last longer before needing repairs. You might find reading some of the WIW threads helpful as those will highlight the same decisions you will be making in buying a car.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info! To the other two that replied with offers to this thread, I'm sorry to say but I'm not looking to buy again until December. Right now this semester in engineering got a whole lot tougher and if I bought an F-body now I'd have no time to work on it and give it the attention it deserves. Starting late-December the semester ends I get a whole month through mid-january off and both of my jobs will be dead so it's not like I'll have time for work. That is when I'd prefer to buy because of the timing.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm on the east coast of NC. I have a dark blue 2000 TA convertible with tan top and interior. It has less than 68,000 miles. It has a six-speed, Koni shocks last year, and has 17" WS6 rims with Nitto 275/40-17s. Let me know if you are interested.

ramairbrc@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: WTB: T56 LS1 F-body