Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

who lives in sacramento?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who lives in sacramento?

what are the goods and bads of it? Im thinking about relocating to cali, just not sure where. i am a union electrician so i've been trying to contact some locals in cali...seems like theres not much work available right now though. im looking to move in 8 months i think. thanks for the opinions

ps, i dont want to start a nor cal vs so cal war either
Old 10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on bro,we need more electricians.I am also a union electrician local 180,about 40 minutes from sac towards san fran.there is work but in about 4-5 months there will be alot of stuff breaking.The houses are very cheap right now,and the weather is decent year round.You have tracks close by and plenty of car guys here that have meets and what not all the time.

oh and about the only bad is smog and stupid *** laws but that is all of cali...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the reply! I emailed a couple local 6 and 465 and they both said work was pretty slow. I am looking to be a traveler for a year and see how it goes. I havent contacted 340 yet (sacramento) to see how work is there.

In chicago you can kinda work between locals, but sometimes they want you to do it on a permit basis. We have had a couple from another local though without any problems or permits for the last couple years though. Is it the same out there? Also sounds like some of the locals out there don't do the hiring, it's all company based...unlike chicago, we are on the book system here.

I was told commercial work is mostly in conduit and residential is romex, is that correct? I don't think I could be an electrician if I did romex and no pipe work (zzzzzz). Whats typical union wage out there, and does it include good benefits?

Do you live in Napa? Do you need a roomate and is your company hiring I have a couple co-workers that are looking to leave this crap town too lol

What kinda stupid *** laws are in cali?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Im just south of sacramento.. about 10 miles.. Sorry im not in the electrician field. But as far as laws. Just dont **** around and act a fool and they will leave you alone. Ive been running cam setups for about 2-3 yrs in and around sacramento. Plenty of F-bodys around here and Y bodys
Old 10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm kind of out of the racing scene for a while anyways. Besides, if a car is registered out of state, can they really say much about it?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We go by the book system here also,there are a few halls you can try like 595,551,180,302,they are all pretty close.pay is right around 40 an hour plus or minus depends on which hall your at.Benefits are good and yes commercial is mostly pipe and mc,while residential is less pay and mainly romex,but then you have alot of refinerys here also so you can do some industrial work too

Quick Reply: who lives in sacramento?