Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

got some questions would really appreciate any help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some questions would really appreciate any help.

my fiance just got a new teaching job in the phoenix area. and we live in michigan currently. but i was just wonder on does arizona do any emissions test visual or sniffer. or are they strict on tint or anything. i have a 2000 z28 with long tube headers and single chamber flowmaster exhaust it is a little on the loud side and i luv it and dont want to change it. will i have problems with it down there. and the windows are also tinted at 5% with i get hasseled with them i really appreciate any help with this. she will be moving in 2 weeks and i will be follow in the next few weeks after i finish work. thanks for the help guys. andy
Old 10-27-2008, 07:45 PM

No sniffer test or that crap. And some people say they are strict on tint, others say they aren't guess it just depends. I suppose if they are having a bad day and your acting like a *** hole (driving manners) and they get you they will probably try and get you for everything they can.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

hey 60ftkiller thanks for the quick resoponse. i was just worried that with my luck they would check my car as i have the race style headers and i din't want to put it all back and i acutally don't have the stuff anymore. i would appreciate anymore information on this stuff and also some local lsx hangouts and stuff would be cool. thanks guys
Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

No sniffer for OBD 1 or newer cars, just plug into port and read the on board diagnostics. I had everything that is in my sig and I purchase 2 years worth to be on the safe side, but I'm still not worried. You will have a visual since you are registering a non-Arizona car.

Quick Reply: got some questions would really appreciate any help.