Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

bye GM, and bye new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out on your own.
ok well don't post if you can't show the facts to support what you claim. not that hard to copy and paste a link or two.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
ok well don't post if you can't show the facts to support what you claim. not that hard to copy and paste a link or two.

What do you mean support what I claim?

Research our monetary system. If you're interested in learning, look for it.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

you really think the government will let GM go bankrupt? i highly doubt it..
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think personally we should be glad we have our cars. My mom got an 08 sky redline back in the summer and I told her she should be glad that she was able to get it. About the camaro, I read that it costs about 200 mil to research and develop a car. So if chevy has already put that much into the new camaro, I would think we'd see it. funny how dodge was able to bring out the challenger and yet the camaro still hasnt hit the assembly line. I dont think that the automotive world is high on the government's priorities. Good honest hardworking people come second to the greedy scoundrels you have working at places like AIG. The government also gets its money from us. My mom always keeps on top of her taxes and pays things right off, yet keeps getting notices saying she owes this and owes that, and then is fined heavily for it. I think our cars are about to become worth more in the not so distant future...
Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LWCS561
I think personally we should be glad we have our cars. My mom got an 08 sky redline back in the summer and I told her she should be glad that she was able to get it. About the camaro, I read that it costs about 200 mil to research and develop a car. So if chevy has already put that much into the new camaro, I would think we'd see it. funny how dodge was able to bring out the challenger and yet the camaro still hasnt hit the assembly line. I dont think that the automotive world is high on the government's priorities. Good honest hardworking people come second to the greedy scoundrels you have working at places like AIG. The government also gets its money from us. My mom always keeps on top of her taxes and pays things right off, yet keeps getting notices saying she owes this and owes that, and then is fined heavily for it. I think our cars are about to become worth more in the not so distant future...
the government and most people seem to be on the "green" movement, i find it hard to believe saving gas-guzzlers would be in their interest.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Banks??? The Federal Reserve controls the money.
The way I see it, a home buyer doesn't fill out a home loan app with the Federal Reserve, so it wouldn't be their loan approval process that assured people they could afford a home.

But I can't complain about my situation, my house is still worth way more than what I paid for it.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
The way I see it, a home buyer doesn't fill out a home loan app with the Federal Reserve, so it wouldn't be their loan approval process that assured people they could afford a home.

But I can't complain about my situation, my house is still worth way more than what I paid for it.
Where do the banks get the money?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

well look on the bright side.. if there were no more american car companies cops would be forced to drive hondas and other slow *** rice rockets and will never be able to catch us!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

^if you cant out run a v6 charger or impala your car has issues.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do the banks get the money?
I understand that totally Chris, but in my uneducated viewpoint the bank would work as a gatekeeper since at their level, they choose who to lend the money to while at the same time creating the criteria for who qualifies to borrow their money.

But when you state "when you give people the opportunity to screw themselves, they will", it doesn't just extend to borrowers, but lenders as well.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I understand that totally Chris, but in my uneducated viewpoint the bank would work as a gatekeeper since at their level, they choose who to lend the money to while at the same time creating the criteria for who qualifies to borrow their money.

But when you state "when you give people the opportunity to screw themselves, they will", it doesn't just extend to borrowers, but lenders as well.
most certainly.

about 2 years ago, i worked with a loan officer who had left countrywide and was ranting about how what was going on in the housing market was going to send the country into a deep shithole.
nobody believed him and even i argued with the guy (assumed he was fueled with more mania than insight).
according to him, banks knew what deep **** they were potentially getting everyone into, but were too greedy to resist giving out loans to people they knew could not afford them. he said he left his job because he was done working for the devil... then he quit again after figuring out that the devil signed our checks also. by now, he's probably figured out that the devil has monopolized all business in the free world.

none of this is news to anyone. it just disturbs me that we're bailing out these banks that screwed us to the mind-blowing nth degree.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Wanna know what killed it? UNIONS. Thats all.

Quick Reply: bye GM, and bye new camaro