Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

What's the cost of living like around Morgan Hill, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Morgan Hill isn't that up by Los gatos?? if so I remember Morgan hill being pretty expensive and I grew up in Santa Clara by San Jose south bay area. I just can't remember where Morgan Hill was, shoot move to Gilroy not too far of a drive and its not too expensive, well then again I live in L.A county and I pay $1,150 for my large one bedroom apartment, only utilities I have to pay is electric and the unit is all gas.

I shoulda stayed in the ghetto man it's cheaper there, damn pasadena Alta dena border.
Morgan Hill is between San Jose and Gilroy. Los Gatos is off the the west of San Jose. Los Gatos, Saratoga, now those are the big money towns..
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I graduated High School in Morgan Hill back in 2000... it's expensive there... it's not anything special... not a bad place to live I guess... but I don't miss anything there, cept for a few friends from school... it's definitely not in the same price range you mentioned...
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

morgan hill is relatively affordable for the bay area, considering distance from everything.

however... its still expensive, and the 101 (only freeway out) can get really cramped. people start moving further south into gilroy and northeast into the east bay. i know a couple people that shamelessly commute 1+ hours to work each way just for affordable living up there (not considering the gas prices).

for $850 a month +utilties, you might be able to find a roach infested studio with shitty street parking.
its best if you have a roommate unless you're ok with spending a few hundred more on rent.

check out http://www.norcal-lsx.com
Old 12-04-2008, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I graduated High School in Morgan Hill back in 2000... it's expensive there... it's not anything special... not a bad place to live I guess... but I don't miss anything there, cept for a few friends from school... it's definitely not in the same price range you mentioned...
Small world, graduated there same year.

Yeah honestly if you dont mind the small town area, there really is a lot within a small driving distance (15mins). I love california, despite some of the rules, couldnt imagine living anywhere else.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

Wes I lived in Morgan Hill from '98-'00
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by uLs1a
Wes I lived in Morgan Hill from '98-'00
crazy! I lived there from 97-2000

did you go to Live Oak H.S.?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn... That's ok, I don't think I really wanted to move to cali anyway... From what I hear, Texas is a great place to move... Warm, NO SNOW, Lots of Gearheads around, CHEAP!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

crazy! I lived there from 97-2000

did you go to Live Oak H.S.?
Yeah I was there.

Quick Reply: What's the cost of living like around Morgan Hill, CA?