Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got couple of questions about this ticket i got

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
damn that would be a treat... is this your first ticket? i dont think it will be that much if it is. just wait and see what the ticket says when u get it in the mail.
i had a fix it ticket once... but thats it... paid 10 bucks

but this one will end up messing me up pretty bad... hell, i wont be surprised if it will be 1 grand... i just know it will be somewhere between those lines...

damn, i thought my car was gonna get towed for sure, since the first thing he told me was "Give me your keys!" Im glad at least that he didnt open my hood lol...
Old 12-13-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Exhibition of speed can get your license taken away. I had something similar happen.

I had just gotten my 93 Z28 M6 and was just learning to drive stick. I was driving down a street, about a block from my house, when I started to pass a high school. I stopped and let some kids cross in the crosswalk, and when I started to go forward one of the kids thought it would be funny to run back across the street.

I stopped the car but somehow in the process accidentally, yes it was really accidental, revved the engine. The cop was behind me in about .2 seconds. As he was pulling up behind me I approach a yellow light and waited to make a left hand turn. It was rush hour, so of course people went threw the light until it was red - at this time I made my turn and he pulled me over.

He ticketed me for exhibition of speed for when my engine revved, and gave me a ticket for running a red light for the left hand turn (now why in the hell would I run a red light when I knew there was a cop behind me?) - not to mention the other tickets he piled on. I explained to him I was just learning to drive stick and it was an accident, and he proceeded to call me "Hot Rod" and told me to practice in my own neighborhood - he pulled me over less than 1/2 of a mile from my house.

When it came time to go to court, they were going to plea the ticket down to regular speeding, I wasn't going to have 4 points put on my license though. I explained to the prosecutor what happened, and he sweetened the plea bargain and dropped everything but the red light ticket. When I showed the judge the Plea Bargain they had given me, he smiled and called me very lucky and told me he was ready to take my license away.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
i had a fix it ticket once... but thats it... paid 10 bucks

but this one will end up messing me up pretty bad... hell, i wont be surprised if it will be 1 grand... i just know it will be somewhere between those lines...

damn, i thought my car was gonna get towed for sure, since the first thing he told me was "Give me your keys!" Im glad at least that he didnt open my hood lol...
hmm i dunno bro i think if its ur first ticket it won't be that bad. keep your chin up
Old 12-13-2008, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Counted Out
Exhibition of speed can get your license taken away. I had something similar happen.

I had just gotten my 93 Z28 M6 and was just learning to drive stick. I was driving down a street, about a block from my house, when I started to pass a high school. I stopped and let some kids cross in the crosswalk, and when I started to go forward one of the kids thought it would be funny to run back across the street.

I stopped the car but somehow in the process accidentally, yes it was really accidental, revved the engine. The cop was behind me in about .2 seconds. As he was pulling up behind me I approach a yellow light and waited to make a left hand turn. It was rush hour, so of course people went threw the light until it was red - at this time I made my turn and he pulled me over.

He ticketed me for exhibition of speed for when my engine revved, and gave me a ticket for running a red light for the left hand turn (now why in the hell would I run a red light when I knew there was a cop behind me?) - not to mention the other tickets he piled on. I explained to him I was just learning to drive stick and it was an accident, and he proceeded to call me "Hot Rod" and told me to practice in my own neighborhood - he pulled me over less than 1/2 of a mile from my house.

When it came time to go to court, they were going to plea the ticket down to regular speeding, I wasn't going to have 4 points put on my license though. I explained to the prosecutor what happened, and he sweetened the plea bargain and dropped everything but the red light ticket. When I showed the judge the Plea Bargain they had given me, he smiled and called me very lucky and told me he was ready to take my license away.
oh damn, you can get pulled over for revving ur engine??? wow.... thanx for advice, but the cop said it was worth 2 pts...
Old 12-13-2008, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
hmm i dunno bro i think if its ur first ticket it won't be that bad. keep your chin up
thanx man! yea, lately things were pretty bad, considering that i got in a wreck at 100 mph ( idk how i got out of that 1 ok), lost my dd, got punked by cops for tint, and now got this ticket and probably will b forced to part with my bird soon.... meh

lol
Old 12-13-2008, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh damn, you can get pulled over for revving ur engine??? wow.... thanx for advice, but the cop said it was worth 2 pts...
He gave me an exhibition of speed ticket, which is the same ticket they give street racers here. 8 points.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Counted Out
He gave me an exhibition of speed ticket, which is the same ticket they give street racers here. 8 points.
damn that sux...
cops are all the same...
Old 12-13-2008, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

uhm hey does everyone realize you CANNOT GO TO TRAFFIC SCHOOL FOR A MISDEMEANOR!!!! you cannot do trial by written declaration! you MUST appear in court. trust me i got the SAME TICKET, and WITH a lawyer i got 40 hours community service, traffic school, RETAKE DRIVERS-ED, and knocked down to a speeding and unsafe lane change. if you dont get a lawyer you will have you license suspended and go on probation for 2 years. this is not some joke ticket. you need to talk to your parents and ask them for help.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about a ticket for not making a complete stop??? Ticket says I was doing around like 10mph. I already got an extension and a court date for next month. My bro tells me to fight it but not sure.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I took too tight of a turn, causing me to hop over the curb. I freeked out, gave it a little gas, and here we are. By no means was I attempting to burn rubber or hot rod around. It was my bad turn which lead to the problem."
Old 12-14-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
uhm hey does everyone realize you CANNOT GO TO TRAFFIC SCHOOL FOR A MISDEMEANOR!!!! you cannot do trial by written declaration! you MUST appear in court. trust me i got the SAME TICKET, and WITH a lawyer i got 40 hours community service, traffic school, RETAKE DRIVERS-ED, and knocked down to a speeding and unsafe lane change. if you dont get a lawyer you will have you license suspended and go on probation for 2 years. this is not some joke ticket. you need to talk to your parents and ask them for help.
omg, i sure hope ur wrong! ****......
Old 12-21-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
well, the award goes to you man.... i just got a ******* ticket in the mail and its 500 dollars with i think 90 days in jail....

im fucked, im getting a lawyer and oh....... bye bye ls1, my parents are friggin pissed wanna kill me now, cuz now i wont get my citizenship.... well once again im fucked....
thank for advices guys..... i think imma go, get a geo and kill myself now....
Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Launching!

well, the award goes to you man.... i just got a ******* ticket in the mail and its 500 dollars with i think 90 days in jail....

im fucked, im getting a lawyer and oh....... bye bye ls1, my parents are friggin pissed wanna kill me now, cuz now i wont get my citizenship.... well once again im fucked....
thank for advices guys..... i think imma go, get a geo and kill myself now....
Dam dude time to put the LS1 up for sale and start paying up to a badass lawyer.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LustrousWS6
Dam dude time to put the LS1 up for sale and start paying up to a badass lawyer.
going on ebay tomorrow....
Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Slow you're roll, I'm pretty sure you don't get ninety days in jail for exhitbiton of speed. They could probably give you that if it were severe enough, like if you did a burnout on the judges wifes vagina. Like the other guys have mentioned, take your parents to court and beg for mercy, it's not the end of the world. Howeva, they don't take that **** lightly in California and it will be on your insurance for like 700 years, hahaha. Like was mentioned also tell the judge that the curb hop scared you and you did hit the woot pedal for a second...........you didn't burn it for like a block so this will probably fly, a little. Good luck and keep your head up, you're just paying enough to keep the state happy so the rest of us can continue to burn the tires completely off, and have hot cars!!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fight that **** until the end. Especially since you didn't mean to fishtail and smoke the tires.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
"As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I took too tight of a turn, causing me to hop over the curb. I freeked out, gave it a little gas, and here we are. By no means was I attempting to burn rubber or hot rod around. It was my bad turn which lead to the problem."
case dismissed

there's all that should come out of your mouth.. besides a little display of your nerves
Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

im getting a lawyer tomorrow. I know that i will kick myself in the nuts later for getting rid of the car that i was willing to kill for once....

i dont know.... i will just buy a dodge neon for now, but really dont know about selling my bird.... to me its 1 in a million

ok, so far i have taken the pics of the curb and can say (since its gray and not red) that i simply could not see it.... LOL i told the cop that fishtailing or burning rubber was never intentional... i also hope i wont get my license suspended...

thanx guys for advices, good to know there are cool people on this forum
Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Launching!

let us know how this comes out. don't make us come down there and kick some bootie on the judge.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

today i looked for a lawyer and most of them want 3500 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but luckily i have found one for 1300 and consider myself friggin lucky... tomorrow i will be taking more pictures for him... he seems like a cool guy, said that everything will turn out alright... i know for sure i should not go to jail nor lose my license... He said, in worst case, i will get probation, and some points on license....

about the trans am.... i dont know what will happen with it.... i dont drive it anymore, but dont know if i will sell it.... my dad said that i might get an 01 taurus.... **** it.... i ve been looking for a dd, now i have an exuse to get one.... nothing over $3000

Quick Reply: Got couple of questions about this ticket i got