Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Looking to buy a set..what brand do you guys have? Any recommendations? I am not looking to spend a ton of money,somewhere around $200. There are a bunch on e-bay & I am not sure which to buy. I am mostly looking for something that won't rust. I only drive the car like 2,000 miles a year. they are for show only, not stopping power. Thanks
Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought some r1concepts rotors/pads for all 4 corners and they look great but suck a fat **** in the performance department. i dont know what the problem is, maybe theyre too soft. either way they suck.

ive heard good things about rotorsonline. ive met that guy he's local. he goes to bobs so you can probably talk to him and he'll hook you up.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

x2 on Rotorsonline. I have some but haven't installed them yet. 6LITEREATER, fast01z28, and Sommer86 have them on their cars. All I can say without installing them is that they look sexy and durable.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met Mike from rotorsonline, nice guy. Maybe I will give him a shout. Thanks
Old 12-15-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Looking to buy a set..what brand do you guys have? Any recommendations? I am not looking to spend a ton of money,somewhere around $200. There are a bunch on e-bay & I am not sure which to buy. I am mostly looking for something that won't rust. I only drive the car like 2,000 miles a year. they are for show only, not stopping power. Thanks
I got slotted and driiles rotors fo rmy C5 at Napa. Thet are stock size but s/d for performance. Theyre great. No fade, they look good and they were cheap. I think all 4 were somewhere around $200. The slots and holes are quality too, they dont eat up my pads. I just checked my front pads (PFC Carbon-Metallic Z-rated pads) and they still had 80% life after a whole year of hard driving and racing. Theyre worth a look. Rotors from Napa and pads from Autozone, $100 with a 2yr warranty (pads). Economical without sacrificing performance.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cheap stuff =

^ those are my $170 (for all 4) rotoworks rotors.
i have had slotted brembos and slotted/dimpled ebc rotors. the brembos were by far, the best. probably because they had more surface area without the holes/dimples.

Quick Reply: Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors