Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cocky Import, Wanna make easy money?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Either way he is probably at about a ~8.2 1/8th which on that car would be a high 13 quarter
you really think an 8.2 would be a high 13 second car?? any honda that can go 8.2 is definatly a 12 second car or better depending on how the boost on the far end. i dont believe ive evver seen a honda on street tires or anywhere near non race car go 8.2 at irwindale tho
Old 12-19-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

true, the are running some et streets I will give you that, I say high 13 with a honda cause the gearing is way different unless he put a built LS tranny in it, which from what I am gathering from reading by the author of the thread he doesn't sound to bright to begin with so I am assuming a mostly stock tranny which he won't have the gearing to make a low 13 second pass the gears are too close on the stocker.

I see what you are saying I was kinda giving him a long shot benefit of the doubt on the 1/8th and quarter time was based on stock or built tranny. hell I may even have a chance if we go realistic if I had the $200 I may consider running. My car did 8.8 in the 1/8 last night and it is bone stock, well except for FRA and K&N drop in filter.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy is about a mid to low 12 second car. If he is pushing that much power im pretty sure its an LS trans.

If you ran an 8.8 Im pretty confident he will take you and me. My best at Irwindale is 8.6 and Im stock besides lid and LMII.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ahh gotcha, ok so he is smarter than what is initially sounded like ok then yeah but his car is nowhere near being legal now.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Launching!

ahh gotcha, ok so he is smarter than what is initially sounded like ok then yeah but his car is nowhere near being legal now.
Not a chance in HELL!!

YOu know ricers, They will Blow it up and everything, BUt if they win the race, Its all that matters!!!

Idiots.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

True lucky that NOS didn't blow your restrictor plate off your intake manifold and you didn't lose all your blinker fluid and your muffler bearings didn't come loose.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Alright I got the word, He is going tomorrow for sure with his Crew. So anyone that wants to see this and or is willing to bet money meet there tomorrow around 8:30 or 9 at the Burger King off the 60 and grand!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Teching In

True lucky that NOS didn't blow your restrictor plate off your intake manifold and you didn't lose all your blinker fluid and your muffler bearings didn't come loose.
plus you could have ruptured the main frame & cunflaggelator.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:03 AM
11 Second Club

true, the are running some et streets I will give you that, I say high 13 with a honda cause the gearing is way different unless he put a built LS tranny in it, which from what I am gathering from reading by the author of the thread he doesn't sound to bright to begin with so I am assuming a mostly stock tranny which he won't have the gearing to make a low 13 second pass the gears are too close on the stocker.

I see what you are saying I was kinda giving him a long shot benefit of the doubt on the 1/8th and quarter time was based on stock or built tranny. hell I may even have a chance if we go realistic if I had the $200 I may consider running. My car did 8.8 in the 1/8 last night and it is bone stock, well except for FRA and K&N drop in filter.
im sure boosted sprayed would pull that car hard in any gear even 5th. You have to assume it weighs nothing and is putting down dare i save 300+ on the spray if its a DOHC. I still say it would be alot faster than that on the big end, alot faster. IDK how much street racing youve done, but ive been pulled hard by boosted civics uptop/on the freeway (talking 100+mph)

and even then my car stock (stock lid, UNI filter, BFG streettires and muffler delete) went 8.4 in the 1/8th which ended up being a 12.8 in the quarter (not calculated, was the same run). So im still saying a boosted 8.2 1/8th regardless of the car would be 12.5 or better jus because of the ability to pull on the top end
Old 12-20-2008, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
im sure boosted sprayed would pull that car hard in any gear even 5th. You have to assume it weighs nothing and is putting down dare i save 300+ on the spray if its a DOHC. I still say it would be alot faster than that on the big end, alot faster. IDK how much street racing youve done, but ive been pulled hard by boosted civics uptop/on the freeway (talking 100+mph)

and even then my car stock (stock lid, UNI filter, BFG streettires and muffler delete) went 8.4 in the 1/8th which ended up being a 12.8 in the quarter (not calculated, was the same run). So im still saying a boosted 8.2 1/8th regardless of the car would be 12.5 or better jus because of the ability to pull on the top end

Well I was thinking that guy would be pretty dumb like I have seen and kept the stock tranny and those are not geared for that high. The DOHC engnie yeah it will pull high the engine was designed for that a SOHC is not and what I had seen before was it will fall flat higher up.. Who knows check and see it and see how this turn out.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilb_svt
plus you could have ruptured the main frame & cunflaggelator.
Don't forget he coulda even cracked his flux capacitor.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:36 AM
11 Second Club

Well I was thinking that guy would be pretty dumb like I have seen and kept the stock tranny and those are not geared for that high. The DOHC engnie yeah it will pull high the engine was designed for that a SOHC is not and what I had seen before was it will fall flat higher up.. Who knows check and see it and see how this turn out.
ya im not trying to say you dont know what your talking about or flame you things jsut werent adding up in my head. IDK if its been said for sure if its a DOHC or SOHC motor
Old 12-20-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll race him for 5 minimum and i'll tow my car down to socal

whats his #?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jermzz
I'll race him for 5 minimum and i'll tow my car down to socal

whats his #?
Hah a ha ha we are talking about street cars. No offence but i think any trailer queen would cause these kids to **** their pants.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ConElite
Hah a ha ha we are talking about street cars. No offence but i think any trailer queen would cause these kids to **** their pants.

My car is a street car, I just dont wanna drive it 400+ miles.

I'll go somewhere local and pull it off the trailer and show up then.

also, you must not know me. my car never sees a trailer.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you're in AZ anyway.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

i would run him for fun,lol times are hard! i ran a low 8.4 on a 2.1 60ft
Old 12-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jermzz
Sounds like you're in AZ anyway.
No in California. 20 minutes from LA.

Yeah I told him I would run him for fun too bur he said Min. $300.

Not he said its going to be his "friends" car. not his.

This foo is becoming more and more full of **** by the minute.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

damn why does all this fast and furious **** always happen so far from me
Old 12-20-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
ya im not trying to say you dont know what your talking about or flame you things jsut werent adding up in my head. IDK if its been said for sure if its a DOHC or SOHC motor

Ahh nah man its cool I didn't take it that way I was clarifying my thought process sorry sometimtes it comes out all messed up I think from too much drinking something like that but then again alcohol is good for me. hahaha.

In the very first post he said he thinks its the same SOHC motor he had before but with either spray or FI. Thats where I got my thinking from.

Quick Reply: Cocky Import, Wanna make easy money?