Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Just got my car back! Thanks 'SUCK_MY_SS' !

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Summit racing sells the kit I would pm nevrlift13 and tlk to him about it i know he sells them too.

Well bushings not my issue I have probably succeeded in killing my rear end and only having owned the car for 3 weeks. Sooo I am going to be looking for a 3 channel rear to put in, a shop up near bakersfield has one with 3.42's for $300. hopefully I can get up there and pick it up anyone got a truck and a free saturday next saturday? haha
Old 12-27-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Summit racing sells the kit I would pm nevrlift13 and tlk to him about it i know he sells them too.

Well bushings not my issue I have probably succeeded in killing my rear end and only having owned the car for 3 weeks. Sooo I am going to be looking for a 3 channel rear to put in, a shop up near bakersfield has one with 3.42's for $300. hopefully I can get up there and pick it up anyone got a truck and a free saturday next saturday? haha
Haha! Thats exactly what I paid for my 3.42 rear end. So wait, is that what was wrong with your car?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope now this is an issue from the rear of the car. I am guessing because it sat for so long when I got it and slightly abused it. MMMM not abuse its an LS1 camaro they are meant for it.. hahahah. well the rear kinda wasn't an issue till recently like the past week or so and now it is toast.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Hmm, That actually sounds like a decent price. Who are you buying them through? I think the next thing I'm gonna have Shant do for me is install a new fuel pump. Mine is starting to take a ****.
fuel pump starting to take a ****?
why do you say that?
i didnt see any symptoms of a failing pump, unless this is something new that you are self diagnosing...the issue you are having is with the fuel level sending unit...that is located on the fuel pump module, but has nothing to actually do with the fuel pumps performance...before you go ripping into your tank, the best bet is to check the connections on the sending unit connector outside of the tank...sometimes the pins loosen up, and the gauge will act erratically...i forget do you have a service port in your car?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
fuel pump starting to take a ****?
why do you say that?
i didnt see any symptoms of a failing pump, unless this is something new that you are self diagnosing...the issue you are having is with the fuel level sending unit...that is located on the fuel pump module, but has nothing to actually do with the fuel pumps performance...before you go ripping into your tank, the best bet is to check the connections on the sending unit connector outside of the tank...sometimes the pins loosen up, and the gauge will act erratically...i forget do you have a service port in your car?
I assumed that it was all one in the same. This has to do with the sporadic fuel needle I was speaking to you about before. Regardless, I heard that the pump is always a good thing to swap out once your miles on it get up there. Plus with my hopefully soon future fuel demands I figured that I'd need to swap out the pump anyway. ...The only port I'm aware of is the OBDII port under the dash. I'm not sure what your referring to when you say "service port".
Old 12-28-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
I assumed that it was all one in the same. This has to do with the sporadic fuel needle I was speaking to you about before. Regardless, I heard that the pump is always a good thing to swap out once your miles on it get up there. Plus with my hopefully soon future fuel demands I figured that I'd need to swap out the pump anyway. ...The only port I'm aware of is the OBDII port under the dash. I'm not sure what your referring to when you say "service port".
by service port i meant the port where people cut the inside of the body to access the fuel pump module...
its definitely a good idea to swap the pump now if yur planning on spraying the engine....
the sending unit is actually fixed on the module...its been a while since i did an fbody fuel system so i dont remember exactly if the sending unit is interchangable like that of a gto and newer cars...more than likely it is...the issue probably lies in the connection of the sensor..if not the sensor itself...
do you remember which code it was throwing? cuz if i cant find a connection issue id like to test the voltage output on the sender...
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Nope now this is an issue from the rear of the car. I am guessing because it sat for so long when I got it and slightly abused it. MMMM not abuse its an LS1 camaro they are meant for it.. hahahah. well the rear kinda wasn't an issue till recently like the past week or so and now it is toast.
lol u blew your rear end already?!?!
tell me you at least serviced it after you bought it, before beating on it....
Old 12-29-2008, 04:36 AM
TECH Addict

by service port i meant the port where people cut the inside of the body to access the fuel pump module...
its definitely a good idea to swap the pump now if yur planning on spraying the engine....
the sending unit is actually fixed on the module...its been a while since i did an fbody fuel system so i dont remember exactly if the sending unit is interchangable like that of a gto and newer cars...more than likely it is...the issue probably lies in the connection of the sensor..if not the sensor itself...
do you remember which code it was throwing? cuz if i cant find a connection issue id like to test the voltage output on the sender...
I can't remember what the code was off the top of my head. It hasn't popped up again since I cleared it last week. Just out of curiosity do you remember how much the sensor runs for?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

i dont know...im not sure if they sell it seperately, or if you would have to uy the whole module...gm acts weird in this department...ill call and find out today...
Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol u blew your rear end already?!?!
tell me you at least serviced it after you bought it, before beating on it....
Would you still be friends with me if I said no..?? I fail I know. I am waiting a response from a guy in riverside he has one with roughly 60k miles and it's a 3:42 as well for a very reasonable price.

Yeah Shant my car was doing that ratchetting clunk noise that I was reading is a tell tale sign of your torsen rear leaving your car hahaha. Plus side is I am getting an SLP lid used too from someone else I wish I could pick up the LCA's from the guy I am buying my rear from. At some point torque arm and LCA's will be put in.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Would you still be friends with me if I said no..??
Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I know the rear has probably never been serviced in the car but the new one will be. woot woot.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Are you going to pick up the new one from that guy selling the 3.42 soon?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe I am debating now. Since this car is my DD and will never see more than 350 RWHP or there abouts I am planning on just building my 10 bolt cause I will nver buy a 12 bolt for this car I bought it with the intention of buying a 74-75 camaro in 2 or 3 years and making that my fun car. So.... my car just build the 10 bolt and the most I will do is header ory and cb with lid and an LS6 intake.

I know shant you will say this is a bad idea but why am I going to spen 3 grand on a rear end for a car that will never see that much power, if it does it will be in like 10 years when I have to rebuild the engine or something.

EDIT: thought about it and I will go for a replacement for now and save for a 12 bolt, talked with me madre today and she was like why don't you buy it now and save a couple hundred bucks, well that requires money that I don't have so... replacement for now.

Last edited by LS1Adam84; 12-31-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Just get the 10 bolt for now. You don't need a 12 bolt right now.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I know I will just settle with it and get the 12 bolt later. but I am not gonna try and build a "strong" 10 bolt waste of money.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

Yay Milky's car is alive!!! That thing sounded great! I'm so happy for you that she's been resurrected. As far as your paint damn there is a lot of sun damage... if you haven't found a place already- there is a place in Ontario where we were going to take the Cobra for a paint job on the front end.They gave $250 as an estimate to remove the old cracked paint throughout the bumper and fenders then prime and re-paint in matching black- they said it would be about $1,100 to sand/prime/repaint the whole car in black. This place does show cars and all kinds of crazy designs. I'll send you a pm after I look up their name/number.

Edit: By the way it's really 12:45am... why does it say I posted at 1:45am...
Old 01-05-2009, 03:34 AM
TECH Addict

That would be awesome! I appreciate it. Send me a link when you get a chance please. When are you guys sending the Cobra in for paint?

Quick Reply: Just got my car back! Thanks 'SUCK_MY_SS' !