Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Tackling my 4L60E tomorrow. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tackling my 4L60E tomorrow. Advice?

Tomorrow I'll be installing a Transgo PSK shift kit and a Jet billet 4th gear servo. This kit replaces all the boost and shift valves, servo and accumuator springs. The new servo will hold the 4th gear band with more force since 4th is the weak spot of the 4L60E. Its a pretty complete kit short of it becoming a full manual valve body. Tonight I'll get started by removing the xpipe and trans pan so tomorrow I can get started right away. Has anyone here installed this or a similar kit? If so, any last words of advice? Thnx.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Well wussies, I did it. It took me most of the day because I took my sweet time and double checked everything. It wasnt as hard as I imagined but I do recommend at least two guys to do it with the trans in the car. Now, with the tools and an extra guy I can knock it out within 4hrs. So, if any of you do it as well let me know if you need any tips. The results? Wow! The car feels a lot faster. The power is istantaneous and the convereter feels tighter. Its not that Im chirping tires on every shift, actually you dont want that, its just really positive and firm shifts that bring the power in right away. Even partial throttle is SOTP. I have to say that after having done some B&M kits on 700r4's, Transgo is the way to go. Better kit, replaces many valves not just makes holes on seperator plate, better detailed instructions as well. As for the Jet 4th gear servo? Even 4th pulls like a freight train and the downshifts are fast and firm. Im very happy with this kit, I would recommend it to anyone with a 4l60e. Thnx to Carlos and my uncle Bill for lending a hand and their time.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only had one C5 auto and it was basically a parts car. Can't you program all the pressure and load's with HP tuners since it is a electronic transmission. I really don't know since I am a manual guy I figured I would ask since I was curious.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rzuff
I've only had one C5 auto and it was basically a parts car. Can't you program all the pressure and load's with HP tuners since it is a electronic transmission. I really don't know since I am a manual guy I figured I would ask since I was curious.
The tranny line pressure can only be boosted up so much with the computer. We first tuned my car with the shift point pressures maxed out and tranny was still a little soft with some lag between shifts. I kept the line pressure up and installed the kit. It still helped a thousand fold.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5natie
Well wussies, I did it. It took me most of the day because I took my sweet time and double checked everything. It wasnt as hard as I imagined but I do recommend at least two guys to do it with the trans in the car. Now, with the tools and an extra guy I can knock it out within 4hrs. So, if any of you do it as well let me know if you need any tips. The results? Wow! The car feels a lot faster. The power is istantaneous and the convereter feels tighter. Its not that Im chirping tires on every shift, actually you dont want that, its just really positive and firm shifts that bring the power in right away. Even partial throttle is SOTP. I have to say that after having done some B&M kits on 700r4's, Transgo is the way to go. Better kit, replaces many valves not just makes holes on seperator plate, better detailed instructions as well. As for the Jet 4th gear servo? Even 4th pulls like a freight train and the downshifts are fast and firm. Im very happy with this kit, I would recommend it to anyone with a 4l60e. Thnx to Carlos and my uncle Bill for lending a hand and their time.
Hey your welcome Nate. You know if I can help I'll be there just as you would do for me. Car feels fantastic and seems to be a very postive and worthwhile upgrade.

Carlos