Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Has anyone heard of the 2010 Camaro Hennesy!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't see too many complaints about the "body kit"
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Ummm cause those of you saying why buy that if the vette is close in price... You are not a camaro enthusiast then. I would take a camaro any day over a vette. I could never afford a 110k price tag though. besides IIRC the camaro puts out more power than the vette, they tuned it a little. I could be wrong my brain sucks right now.
You win the ignorant statment of the day award.

Camaro enthusaits aren't alowed to be vette enthusiasts and vise versa?

sure it makes 75 more horse then the zr1, but lets take weight and ride / cornering ability into consideration and see where we stand?

anyone who know anything about cars will tell you that power alone doesn't make a car.

Vettes do pretty well in retaining resale value......but there will be some suckers to buy a camaro for 100k, so why not build one?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jermzz

sure it makes 75 more horse then the zr1, but lets take weight and ride / cornering ability into consideration and see where we stand?

anyone who know anything about cars will tell you that power alone doesn't make a car.

Vettes do pretty well in retaining resale value......but there will be some suckers to buy a camaro for 100k, so why not build one?
i think you misread something. he was basically commenting on the other guy's comment, "why buy a camaro when you can buy a zr1?"

well, if you like the camaro better, aka a camaro enthusiast, the camaro would be the obvious choice if you had the money to decide between the two.

and why is one deemed a "sucker" for spending that kind of money on a camaro?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Camaro and Vette are two totally different types of vehicles. Vette is a 2 seater sports car, looked upon by many as an old mans car. Camaro is a 4 seater, sport coupe body style that should sit a little higher and work better as a grocery getter. They also seem to appeal to a younger crowd (granted this is usually a result of the lower price). Its nice to have the similar power and price available in two different body styles.

I hear that Hennessey is a bad business guy. Takes money and then delivers slowly. THe dodge guts seem to talk all kinds of crap on him.

Either way, its nice to see companies getting behind the camaro to support it. that all results in higher sales (not of these per se, but they promote the car) which means the car sticks around longer.

I think one of the failures of the 4th gen was that no companies got behind it to support it like this. of course there was GMMG, but not really anyone else.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

Originally Posted by hlaalu
just jizzed in my pants from that picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfH...eature=related
Old 01-30-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm ignorant no, you won that award buddy. If you love the camaro then you wouldn't say i would rather buy a vette, you may like the camaro cause its affordability and power but that doesn't make you an enthusiast that makes you a normal guy who likes a fast car. There are those of us that love all camaros all body styles and would never trade for anything else.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Launching!

i thought all ls9's are supercharged?
yes they are. I believe its basically an ls3 with a supercharger.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Every report I read or hear states LS9 supercharged... So I thought the LS9 was a larger engine.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

according to wiki:

LS3
GM LS3 Engine in a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette

LS3 can also refer to a 402 CID Chevrolet Big-Block engine of the 1970s

The LS3 was introduced as the Corvette's new base engine for the 2008 model year. It produces 430 hp (320 kW) at 5900 rpm and 424 ft·lbf (575 N·m) at 4600 rpm without the optional Corvette exhaust and is SAE certified. The block is an updated version of the LS2 casting featuring a larger bore of 4.06 in (103 mm) creating a displacement of 6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in). It also features higher flowing cylinder heads sourced from the L92, a more aggressive camshaft with 0.551" lift, a revised valvetrain with 6 mm (0.24 in) offset intake rocker arms, a high-flow intake manifold and 47 lb/hr fuel injectors from the LS7 engine.

The L76/L92/LS3 cylinder heads use 2.165 in (55.0 mm) intake valves, and 1.59 in (40 mm) exhaust valves. Improved manufacturing efficiency makes these heads cheaper than the outgoing LS6 heads, and severely undercuts aftermarket heads. The large valves, however, limit maximum rpm - 6000 in the L76 (with AFM), and 6600 in the LS3 (with hollow stem valves).

In addition to the above, a dual mode exhaust package with a bypass on acceleration is available. The dual-mode exhaust uses vacuum-actuated outlet valves, which control engine noise during low-load operation, but open for maximum performance during high-load operation. The system is similar to the C6 Z06, but uses a 2.5 in (64 mm) diameter exhaust compared to the Z06's 3 in (76 mm). Power is boosted to 436 hp (325 kW) and 428 ft·lbf (580 N·m) with this option.

From April 2008, Australian performance car manufacturer, HSV, adopted the LS3 as its standard V8 throughout the range, replacing the LS2. The LS3 received modifications for its application to HSV's models, producing 425 hp (317 kW). Power and torque was restricted to protect the drivetrain currently used in the E-Series sedans.

Applications:

* April 2008-present Holden Special Vehicles (all V8 models)
* 2008-present Chevrolet Corvette
* 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP (source: Pontiac web site, "Upcoming Vehicles," 3-16-2008)
* June 2008-present Vauxhall VXR8
* 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
* The show Top Gear used the LS3 to power a blender.[4]

LS9

The LS9 is a 6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in) supercharged engine, based on the LS3; the LS7 block was not used due to the higher cylinder pressures created by the supercharger requiring the thicker cylinder walls of the LS3. Cylinder dimensions are now 4.06 in (103.25 mm) bore with a 3.62 in (92 mm) stroke. It is equipped with an Eaton four-lobe Roots type supercharger. Power output is 638 hp (476 kW) at 6500 rpm and 604 lb·ft (819 N·m) of torque at 3800 rpm.

Applications:

* 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

cliff notes

ya it says it is based of the ls3, with thicker cylinder walls

6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in) LS3

6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in) LS9
Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

according to wiki:

LS3
GM LS3 Engine in a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette

LS3 can also refer to a 402 CID Chevrolet Big-Block engine of the 1970s

The LS3 was introduced as the Corvette's new base engine for the 2008 model year. It produces 430 hp (320 kW) at 5900 rpm and 424 ft·lbf (575 N·m) at 4600 rpm without the optional Corvette exhaust and is SAE certified. The block is an updated version of the LS2 casting featuring a larger bore of 4.06 in (103 mm) creating a displacement of 6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in). It also features higher flowing cylinder heads sourced from the L92, a more aggressive camshaft with 0.551" lift, a revised valvetrain with 6 mm (0.24 in) offset intake rocker arms, a high-flow intake manifold and 47 lb/hr fuel injectors from the LS7 engine.

The L76/L92/LS3 cylinder heads use 2.165 in (55.0 mm) intake valves, and 1.59 in (40 mm) exhaust valves. Improved manufacturing efficiency makes these heads cheaper than the outgoing LS6 heads, and severely undercuts aftermarket heads. The large valves, however, limit maximum rpm - 6000 in the L76 (with AFM), and 6600 in the LS3 (with hollow stem valves).

In addition to the above, a dual mode exhaust package with a bypass on acceleration is available. The dual-mode exhaust uses vacuum-actuated outlet valves, which control engine noise during low-load operation, but open for maximum performance during high-load operation. The system is similar to the C6 Z06, but uses a 2.5 in (64 mm) diameter exhaust compared to the Z06's 3 in (76 mm). Power is boosted to 436 hp (325 kW) and 428 ft·lbf (580 N·m) with this option.

From April 2008, Australian performance car manufacturer, HSV, adopted the LS3 as its standard V8 throughout the range, replacing the LS2. The LS3 received modifications for its application to HSV's models, producing 425 hp (317 kW). Power and torque was restricted to protect the drivetrain currently used in the E-Series sedans.

Applications:

* April 2008-present Holden Special Vehicles (all V8 models)
* 2008-present Chevrolet Corvette
* 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP (source: Pontiac web site, "Upcoming Vehicles," 3-16-2008)
* June 2008-present Vauxhall VXR8
* 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
* The show Top Gear used the LS3 to power a blender.[4]

LS9

The LS9 is a 6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in) supercharged engine, based on the LS3; the LS7 block was not used due to the higher cylinder pressures created by the supercharger requiring the thicker cylinder walls of the LS3. Cylinder dimensions are now 4.06 in (103.25 mm) bore with a 3.62 in (92 mm) stroke. It is equipped with an Eaton four-lobe Roots type supercharger. Power output is 638 hp (476 kW) at 6500 rpm and 604 lb·ft (819 N·m) of torque at 3800 rpm.

Applications:

* 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

cliff notes

ya it says it is based of the ls3, with thicker cylinder walls

6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in) LS3

6.2 L (6,162 cc/376.0 cu in) LS9

Alrighty good lookin man, thanks I could have done that but was lazy and figured somebody else would, you are the man.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Alrighty good lookin man, thanks I could have done that but was lazy and figured somebody else would, you are the man.
HAHA! ya i was waiting until someone dug up the info, no one did so i took the reins on this one.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHA! ya i was waiting until someone dug up the info, no one did so i took the reins on this one.
Good call good call, excellent work simply marvelous.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Umm ignorant no, you won that award buddy. If you love the camaro then you wouldn't say i would rather buy a vette, you may like the camaro cause its affordability and power but that doesn't make you an enthusiast that makes you a normal guy who likes a fast car. There are those of us that love all camaros all body styles and would never trade for anything else.
Umm, I've has my camaro since it was new and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

But when it comes to 100k for a car and i'm deciding between a vette and a camaro, the vette wins.

I like them both and wouldnt scoff if someone offered me either. But you can say that someone isn't a true camaro enthusiast because they'd buy a vette over a camaro that was the same price, that's ridiculus.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think you misread something. he was basically commenting on the other guy's comment, "why buy a camaro when you can buy a zr1?"

well, if you like the camaro better, aka a camaro enthusiast, the camaro would be the obvious choice if you had the money to decide between the two.

and why is one deemed a "sucker" for spending that kind of money on a camaro?
That was my comment....

I'm a vette and camaro enthusiast, when it comes to buying a 100k car and i'm choosing, i'd pick the vette.

anyone who thinks that you're not a camaro enthusiast because you'd rather buy a 100k vette then a 100k camaro should look up the definition of enthusiast. Cause it has nothing to do with what you buy or how you decide to spend your money. There's camaro, vette and every other kind of car enthusiast that may probably never even buy one.

I love chocolate, but sometimes I want a warhead. Just cause I buy a warhead doesn't mean I'm not a chocolate lover.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That was my comment....

I'm a vette and camaro enthusiast, when it comes to buying a 100k car and i'm choosing, i'd pick the vette.

anyone who thinks that you're not a camaro enthusiast because you'd rather buy a 100k vette then a 100k camaro should look up the definition of enthusiast. Cause it has nothing to do with what you buy or how you decide to spend your money. There's camaro, vette and every other kind of car enthusiast that may probably never even buy one.

I love chocolate, but sometimes I want a warhead. Just cause I buy a warhead doesn't mean I'm not a chocolate lover.
Well candy is cheap and easily disposed of..... I understand what you are saying but I personally would never buy a vette over a camaro, ever. There are those of us die hard camaro fanatics, and I do know the meaning of an enthusiast, a true enthusiast is a fanatic, like there is no way I would trade my camaro for anything else, some guy said here's my viper for your camaro I would say no. I found my perfect camaro, I plan on one day owning one camaro from each generation. I don't really like any other car out there as much as I love camaros. That is a true enthusiast. We can go back and forth all day on what we each think is an enthusiast and get nowhere. I see where you are coming from and you can see where I am coming from hopefully. And hopefully we can let this be it because you won't see it any different than how you see it and nor will i.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
It's an instant collectible car. If you have the money to buy it, go for it.

I'd still prefer to get the car stock, and do stuff to it myself. But it is pretty bitchen.
Because they will probably sell 5 of them.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a nice looking car except for the carbon fiber ground effects and spoiler it needs to not have it or be painted to match. I think I would rather just modify the ls3 than spend all that money. I think once they are released a grill like that with a nice color combination and a nice set of wheels like that will be all that is needed to make it look that nice.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well candy is cheap and easily disposed of..... I understand what you are saying but I personally would never buy a vette over a camaro, ever. There are those of us die hard camaro fanatics, and I do know the meaning of an enthusiast, a true enthusiast is a fanatic, like there is no way I would trade my camaro for anything else, some guy said here's my viper for your camaro I would say no. I found my perfect camaro, I plan on one day owning one camaro from each generation. I don't really like any other car out there as much as I love camaros. That is a true enthusiast. We can go back and forth all day on what we each think is an enthusiast and get nowhere. I see where you are coming from and you can see where I am coming from hopefully. And hopefully we can let this be it because you won't see it any different than how you see it and nor will i.
But you're proving my exact point.

Fanatic and enthusiast are two different things.

Finatic is defined as EXCESSIVE enthusiasm.

excessive is described as exceeding what is usual, proper, necessary, or normal.

This is the only point I'm trying to make, you're accusing me of not being a camaro enthusiast because I'd rather own a zr1 then a Hennesee camaro, which is inface totally untrue. and I do see your point, but it doesn't make you right because I do.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn...every thread in the western section always ends up being whored out by adam...he always outposts people by 3 to 1
Old 01-31-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
damn...every thread in the western section always ends up being whored out by adam...he always outposts people by 3 to 1
Dude it's the way the world works, i don't ***** out to women so my services are offered to the western section.

Keeps balance and sanity for all that is good and holy.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard of the 2010 Camaro Hennesy!!!???