Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

All New 2009 Nissan 370Z Road Test. This is a bad ass little car, and I like it alot!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actualy our platform is identical since 1993 brotha, talk about a badass car, you can swap ALL camaro parts from 1993-2002 and make either look like each other, same goes from trans ams and firebirds same years... I mean you can even do a transmaro if you wanted to lol
Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking color red
Old 02-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan.

The interior is VASTLY SUPERIOR to anything GM's done in years.
Handling's great. Braking, great.
But it's ugly as ugly can be and only got two seats (I just had twins, so I need 4).

So, again, not a fan.

Now, the GTR... that's a different story!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
Not a fan.

Now, the GTR... that's a different story!
That is very true....But thats like comparing an F-body to a Vette. Both RWD V8, 2 door, sport coupe hatches. But two completely different cars in every other respect.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

I hate the headlights/tail lights but I like the performance on the 370... I still like our cars more. When somebody's beating you, you start modding. I've had to mod a lot because it took me a while to get the driver mod(shifting wise).

But throughout time I've built a bad *** SS! Still bolt-on hp but it looks damn good, I'm doing sway bars this weekend, I'm doing rotors and pads this weekend, so every aspect of performance is better!

btw, when messing around on the highway I don't remember even once somebody out handling me. Even this brand new bmw(the ultimate driving machine) which was a 650ci(I think that was the model) I busted his *** in the straights and never passed me in the mountains(I only had lcas and subframe connectors at the time) I've been told I'm a good driver too! Maybe I know how to drive our cars better than the average person or something. There's still a lot to learn though. I want to do like the red car at the end of this video.>09 Sports Illustrated Models in 370Z
Old 02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats a bad *** vid! Our cars are starting to be come dated, yeah you can get them to preform as good but they still arent as good as newer vehicles. Fit, finish and drive ability have made huge steps forward since the last 4th gen left the lot. Cars are just alot better now. Thats why I'm so excited to see the new camaro. Still I love my bird and dont want to sell or get rid of it unless I have to.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

It's a nice lil car. i don't mind good competition
Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
Our cars are starting to be come dated, yeah you can get them to preform as good but they still arent as good as newer vehicles.
yea our cars are aging, but they're almost NEVER going to be too old. All you have to do is keep updating and keeping good working parts in it. Look at the 1st gen fbodies on youtube drifting. Those cars are nothing like stock but (the car itself) is still going and performing with cars 40 years younger. I haven't really been beat by anything newer than an '03 or '04 either. I got my *** handed to me by a heads cam spray Z06(c5) before (me full bolt ons), what do you expect? lmao My buddy used to beat me at the track with his a4 t/a ls1. I was working on the driver mod back then. I've dished out my own share of *** whoopings too lol.(thats against newer and older cars) Only modded ones have really showed their *** on me, but most modded ones still get whooped(thinking about this lil rsx on the highway one day) He was quick but not quick enough

I have to say our cars performancewise were WAY ahead of their time.

Today I just finished installing my strano set up(hotchkis hollow 35mm and strano hollow 22mm sway bars), hawks hps pads, and ATE slotted rotors. Can't wait to play with these
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
thats a bad *** vid! Our cars are starting to be come dated, yeah you can get them to preform as good but they still arent as good as newer vehicles. Fit, finish and drive ability have made huge steps forward since the last 4th gen left the lot. Cars are just alot better now. Thats why I'm so excited to see the new camaro. Still I love my bird and dont want to sell or get rid of it unless I have to.
Like I said, most interiors whoop ours and the 350/370/G35's are some excellent interiors. That said, our cars are performance monsters and take little to nothing to get them to hang with cars that "should" outclass them.

It's rare that I have trouble with anything on the road and I'm always being bugged by Eurotrash (Audi's, BMW's, AMG's, etc) and Japanese sporty people movers (G35's, Z's, IS, etc). Actually, the cars that might stand a chance rarely ever bother me (although I assassinated some yellow C5 convertable the other day, but he had it comin').

I love my car and really hope that GM survives and that they've put together something of comprable (actually better) quality of my LS1 in the new Camaro. If they have/do, they've got a sale.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
That is very true....But thats like comparing an F-body to a Vette. Both RWD V8, 2 door, sport coupe hatches. But two completely different cars in every other respect.
Actually, not *that far* apart.

But actually, I was speaking primarily to the exterior aestheitc and the similarities of a 4-seater coupe vs. 2-seater coupe. And yeah, if I didn't need 4-seats, I would've already picked up 2008 C6 for 0%, because Cromier in Long Beach can't GIVE THEM AWAY.

Quick Reply: All New 2009 Nissan 370Z Road Test. This is a bad ass little car, and I like it alot!