Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone want to swap my flowmaster for stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone want to swap my flowmaster for stock?

hey whats up, i was thinking about putting a stock muffler back into my car.. i got headers and a e-cut out with flowmasters. I was gonna try to quiet it down a bit by swapping in a stocker. Anyone hear/know if it makes a difference? If anyone is interested in swapping, let me know. thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a stock muffler for sale pretty cheap if you want to try it... $20 local pickup.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...tuff-pics.html
The outlet ports have bungs welded in for flamethrowers and there are no tips but it should be a lot quieter regardless. Stock muffler design is single 2.5" inlet (stock piping is 2.75 but reduces to 2.5 right at the muffler), dual outlet.

Not a bad idea to switch to a stock muffler when you have an electric cutout - that way you can be as stealthy as possible around the po po.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Zex, ill keep that into consideration. I forgot to mention, im in the san fernando valley area... im sure if there is someone out there who still has a stock muffler would want to get a better sound from the flowmaster. Just reply, or private message me if your interested.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock Z28 muffler with the pipes and stock rectangle tips. you can have it, I don't really want the flowmaster but I would see if you want mine before I cut it up and toss it.

Quick Reply: anyone want to swap my flowmaster for stock?