Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

street racing in compton, fox channel 11

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just so you guys know, if a P.O. has probable cause (louder than stock car) he doesn't need a warrant to search your car or pop the hood. Also any P.O.'s on a motorccle is 99% of the time on a traffic detail, only looking for traffic violations not answering other calls.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Haha i was there for the daytime footage. I can't believe they showed that SLOW *** race with the white/black civics and the two stock *** trucks.

Doesn't really matter if a cop pop's the hood on our cars anyways They are trained to spot illegal mods on imports mostly along with some generic stuff like n2o. As long as you have cats on your car you'll be good. Hell last time i had them pop my hood 2 CHP officers stared at my engine for a good 4-5mins and told me to get my wanna be SS, V-6 outta their faces before they tore it apart "looking" for nitrous. How dumb can you be there are obviously 4 tubes on each side 4+4=6?!

Last edited by djsanchez2; 03-10-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my hood popped (bout 2 years back) and it was pretty comical. Let me start by saying California LEOs use a loophole in the vehicle code that states officers ALWAYS have the right to "inspect" a vehicle to be sure that it is operating safety and within law. Key word is safety inspection.....not SEARCH. Get it?

(long funny story short)
The first thing the cop pointed at was my oddesy battery. "Ooooooohhh, what do we have here?!?!?!" I LOLed and replied, "Ahhhh. my battery?" Then he said, "Oh, right. Well it looks like we have some headers on here!!!!" I had stock 6.0 manifolds flipped forward. I then explained to them how they are factory manifolds even complete with heat shields. They finally pointed their flashlight at my FPR. I was actually relived they correctly identified SOMETHING. Then one *** clown yelled from behind my car as he was laying in the prone position, "LOOKS LIKE HE REMOVED THE BAFFLE FROM HIS MUFFLER!!!!!!" My DP fed a borla XR-1 with no tip just before the axle. I then explained that he must have studied up tooooo good on ricer Honda mufflers and that my muffler never had one to begin with. They finally just wrote me a REF ticket which I easily got dropped in court after I "sold" my car
Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

i had to pop my hood last year on my bone stock ss while the officer informed me he was "looking for the carb number on my headers, any adjustable fuel pressure regulators, nawz, or adjustable cam gears" he also called me a liar because their was no way in hell my "funky *** tips" were stock. he was referring to my cme
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cntrmnt02ss
i had to pop my hood last year on my bone stock ss while the officer informed me he was "looking for the carb number on my headers, any adjustable fuel pressure regulators, nawz, or adjustable cam gears" he also called me a liar because their was no way in hell my "funky *** tips" were stock. he was referring to my cme
I did not know that LS1's had a cam that could be adjusted.... I didn't know we had DOHC or VTEC either.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Teching In

I was actually there this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWrNfDKAJCY i am about 4 min 20 sec into this vid was running the del sol some guys met at bobs big boys about 3 weeks ago was fun
Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

not the races i'm used to seeing in compton!

a little on the slow side!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

got to love az!!

anything goes! as long as it passes smog! and then you can bypass that with collector car ins!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yrlosing
got to love az!!

anything goes! as long as it passes smog! and then you can bypass that with collector car ins!
Ya... F*** you guys.... wish California had the same laws as Arizona.. dont need a front license plate. dont give a flying F about smog. my brother registered his camaro in Arizona because his **** wouldnt pass in Cali and he didnt wanna put up with officers pulling him over here. i think thats what ill probly do once i start modding my ls1
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the quote,
"
According to the video there was 8 deaths and 44 injuries in 2007 due to street racing in California.

In 2006 there was 1,779 deaths due to DUIs.

Which one is the one that the media tends to focus on?? "

... Says it all.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Launching!

adjustable cam gears wtf? lol did u explain to him that its a ohv engine

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
the quote,
"
According to the video there was 8 deaths and 44 injuries in 2007 due to street racing in California.

In 2006 there was 1,779 deaths due to DUIs.

Which one is the one that the media tends to focus on?? "

... Says it all.

i agree 100% 8 deaths and 44 injurys? i bet u they have more injuries at the race tracks then that and on top of that theres more street racers then track racers...it is indeed ridiculous..but i belive alot of these rules mostly are because of the stupid swerve through traffic racers that put many risks at stake.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Luke (camarojunky74) knows all about that. He got pulled over on a cruise (because they had reports of a silver car that was racing - there were more than 1 "silver" cars so they picked the guy in the back) and over 6 cops showed up and started pointing out "illegal" modifications on his bone stock car, they also found a "gun" hidden under the floormat on the passenger side and a great smelling air freshener.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats too funny im in that video for a second at 1.27
there were some better races later that night. .
Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Luke (camarojunky74) knows all about that. He got pulled over on a cruise (because they had reports of a silver car that was racing - there were more than 1 "silver" cars so they picked the guy in the back) and over 6 cops showed up and started pointing out "illegal" modifications on his bone stock car, they also found a "gun" hidden under the floormat on the passenger side and a great smelling air freshener.
seriously... wtf am I gonna do with my TA? I can't move back to CA with it apparently... I guess I'll be renewing my AZ registration for 2 years come June... but when I move to CA, and my insurance is notified that I now live in CA, I think my insurance has to get switched because of that? not sure how all that works...

Last edited by Soul TKR; 03-11-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZexGX
That's awesome... 8 fatalities and 44 injuries statewide for a whole year. More deaths happened from dumbass drivers on cell phones or illegal immigrants IN ONE MONTH than those caused by street racing over the course of a whole year!
Those numbers are probably skewed as well. It seems they tend to classify road-rage incidents as street racing.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
seriously... wtf am I gonna do with my TA? I can't move back to CA with it apparently... I guess I'll be renewing my AZ registration for 2 years come June... but when I move to CA, and my insurance is notified that I now live in CA, I think my insurance has to get switched because of that? not sure how all that works...
Since CA has no grace period, you're kind of screwed should the same cop see that you live/commute/work in CA. For a car occasionally driven, AZ registration might just work.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Since CA has no grace period, you're kind of screwed should the same cop see that you live/commute/work in CA. For a car occasionally driven, AZ registration might just work.
but if I ever got into an accident in my car, Geico probably wouldn't cover it, because they'd say something like, "oh you didn't update that you now live in CA" since I won't have an AZ address anymore... at least that's my theory...

people seem to get away with doing this stuff all the time... just not sure how...
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Soul TKR do you know anyone that lives in AZ like family wise or anything... cuz you can register it that you live in AZ and be living in CA. GOTTA LOVE LOOPHOLES
Old 03-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Man that is funny i live right next to the compton track lol
Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Soul TKR do you know anyone that lives in AZ like family wise or anything... cuz you can register it that you live in AZ and be living in CA. GOTTA LOVE LOOPHOLES
Yeah you don't understand though. He just said the problem with that "loophole". According to CA law if you live here you have to register it here within X amount of weeks. If the same cop keeps seeing you driving around with Arizona plates for X amount of weeks he WILL pull you over every chance he gets. Then there's insurance too, but I think that's less of a problem than local PD.

Quick Reply: street racing in compton, fox channel 11