Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Waiting for my Strano stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009 | 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Default Waiting for my Strano stuff

I am waiting for my Strano sway bars. What do you guys think about removing the stock front bar and browwing some skinnys for the front and putting my Koni 3/4 rearson full soft with the rear stock springs? Just to see if I can get a good 60' time this weekend. Before I get the Strano bars?
Old 03-24-2009 | 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

If you have time, do it. What tire and power level? I 60'd 1.6s all day even with Strano's solid bar up front.

Also, you want the rear stiff and the front soft. I would only soften the rears if your car isnt weight transferring. I'd leave them firm if it is an M6
Old 03-24-2009 | 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
If you have time, do it. What tire and power level? I 60'd 1.6s all day even with Strano's solid bar up front.

Also, you want the rear stiff and the front soft. I would only soften the rears if your car isnt weight transferring. I'd leave them firm if it is an M6
Wow! So make the rears full stiff? And would you use the Strano or stock rear springs?
Old 03-24-2009 | 03:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Wow! So make the rears full stiff? And would you use the Strano or stock rear springs?
I'd use the stock rear springs if you havent swapped them yet and yes, i would use full stiff on the rear. Remember, the shock isnt solely in control of how stiff the rear is, shocks only control bounce, the springs carries the weight of the car.

The stock springs should compress a little (which will help you weight transfer) and the shocks will help control any bounce/wheelhop you might get