Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone get a ticket for no front liscence plate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ws666
Just got another "no front plate" ticket this weekend (3rd one in 3 yrs) to go along with my "passing a car on a solid double yellow line" ticket haha! ****** cops! And ****** slow *** people in my way!
They really push the issue in Cities with the Stoplight cameras. Modesto PD told all the officers to go out of their way to ticket, so they could use the cameras to issue more expensive tickets.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by comanten123
lol, im the same way brotha....and thats a sikk maple red metallic ws6
Thank's guy! Hard to tell what yours looks like from your sig pic lol

They really push the issue in Cities with the Stoplight cameras. Modesto PD told all the officers to go out of their way to ticket, so they could use the cameras to issue more expensive tickets.
Really? Didnt know that, Thats lame! ****** broke *** Modesto PD! Thier gang unit just got a $330,000 grant! WTF!
The dick tried to write me up for my window tint to, And its only 35% tint, but I just got that ticket a couple months ago and still had it in the car and still had time to correct it so he couldn't give me another one...
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

im just gonna zip tie it on, instead of catching thieves and crooks, they bust a parked car. I FUCKEN HATE COPS when your in need they dont help you
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ws666
Thank's guy! Hard to tell what yours looks like from your sig pic lol

, And its only 35% tint, but I just got that ticket a couple months ago and still had it in the car and still had time to correct it so he couldn't give me another one...
fyi any tint is illegal on front windows
and i would not recommend showing tint tickets to other officer(mostly if there dicks) because they can impound your car for not obeying a police officer( ie not removing your tint)
its total b.s. but they can do it
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thepheroe
I think every ones got a ticket for this its only a fix it ticket for $10 i would just pay it
I haven't over about two and a half years of having my car and living in two different counties.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

im just gonna zip tie it on, instead of catching thieves and crooks, they bust a parked car. I FUCKEN HATE COPS when your in need they dont help you
i got pull over the other day for expired registration (not a big deal)and where i pull over on the fwy at there was a guy with a flat tire about 20 ft ahead

cop gave me a ticket and harassed me a little and then took off with out even paying mind to the guy stuck on the fwy in the middle of bfe

always doing there job ( to protect and serve )
Old 04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
fyi any tint is illegal on front windows
and i would not recommend showing tint tickets to other officer(mostly if there dicks) because they can impound your car for not obeying a police officer( ie not removing your tint)
its total b.s. but they can do it
Not if it is a fix it ticket, if it is something like a ref ticket then that is a ticket they can impound your car, something about being a correctable issue or something like that.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Not if it is a fix it ticket, if it is something like a ref ticket then that is a ticket they can impound your car, something about being a correctable issue or something like that.
when you are issued a fix it ticket for window tint your vehical is deemed unsafe to drive, your are required to fix it immediately or your are in defince of a order by a police officer

tell me how i know this ( ******* cops and a smart *** attiude dont mix well)
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
when you are issued a fix it ticket for window tint your vehical is deemed unsafe to drive, your are required to fix it immediately or your are in defince of a order by a police officer

tell me how i know this ( ******* cops and a smart *** attiude dont mix well)
Dang I was told for license plate tickets they can't get you again... hmm i didn't know window tint was that bad of an offense.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Just mount it some how and take a pic or unless they want to physically see it and then take it off again thats what I did
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

just got one today but i explained to the fagget *** cop that it comes stock from the dealer withought the mounting. anyone win this case before? all input is appreciated.thanks
I'm licensed in Missouri and its required as well. altho I've never ran a plate on the front. I keep the extra plate under my passenger driver seat. Tell them your waiting on a factory plate bracket from the dealer and that you had to order it special for your car since they stopped making them.

luckily I've never had to do that, but that's bc they are usually to busy looking over my car. Ever have a cop write you a ticket and then say man you got a bad *** car...just slow it down a bit
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 PM

I feel you man...I recieved a ticket last week for no plate and right after got pulled over again (but showed cop ticket i just recieved) lol..this is like my 3rd plate ticket in 1 year.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Yup multiple times. Just take it to a CHP station to get signed off and save yourself an extra fee.
Exactly. If you go down to the local PD, they'll charge you like $16 additional to sign it off for you.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I got one a block from my house. I ended up getting an SLP license plate bracket that I remove and install if I get a ticket and take it to the CHP since they don't charge for inspection.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 AM

you should have really sold it like, i just bought the car and the dealer is supposed to put them. i got a warning
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

So I've only been in CA for a little over a year now and I just picked up a C5Z. In CO it was required to have both plates, but I thought CA didn't require the front.

All I need to do is go to CHP's office, and have them sign what? Then I can get out of tickets? Or will I still get pulled over?
Old 04-02-2009, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WNA B LS1
So I've only been in CA for a little over a year now and I just picked up a C5Z. In CO it was required to have both plates, but I thought CA didn't require the front.

All I need to do is go to CHP's office, and have them sign what? Then I can get out of tickets? Or will I still get pulled over?
no what that means is, if you end up getting a ticket, it will be a "fix it, or pay the fine" kind of deal. so you get it fixed take it to the police station, they see that you fixed it and they write it off. theres a 10 dollar convinience fee though.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

no what that means is, if you end up getting a ticket, it will be a "fix it, or pay the fine" kind of deal. so you get it fixed take it to the police station, they see that you fixed it and they write it off. theres a 10 dollar convinience fee though.
So it's just an inconvenience and a small fee...easy enough!

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well no the fix it fine is $10 I guess it went up to $20 or something, but no matter what with the license plate you have to get it checked, so pay the 10 or $20 whatever it is now, go to CHP (they are free) and have them sign off saying it was fixed. Otherwise your local PD has a charge to inspect. I know Monrovia PD charges like $30 to inspect your car, but the closest CHP office is a 20 min drive for me, so I would rather not drive there with a license plate zip tied on.. then again I bought the car with no front plate, came like that from the stealership i got it at.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Go to the lacanada chpp office, Ive been there countell times and they have never went outside to check my car.

Ive gone there for having illegal headlights, the guy didnt check, just signed.

Went for having tint on the front windows, didnt remove the tint, went on a cloudy day, the guy looked out the window and signed it.

Went for no front plate several times, when I pulled up I just stuck the plate in a groove, the guy looked out the window and signed it. Removed it before I left.

Its that simple.

Quick Reply: anyone get a ticket for no front liscence plate?