Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone get a ticket for no front liscence plate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by comanten123
just got one today but i explained to the fagget *** cop that it comes stock from the dealer withought the mounting. anyone win this case before? all input is appreciated.thanks
Well if you knew California law, then you would realize that GM/SLP had mounting brackets for front license plates for states that require it by law. California is one of those states. Did you even know that GM/SLP had mounting brackets for front plates?? Your case is not a case at all. It is just you not knowing the law. Man up and pay the $10 fine. There are some cool license plate mounting bracket devices that let you flip it up for driving around, then flip it down and slide it under the bumper for car shows. Might want to find one. I think 6LITEREATER might have his old one for sale.

Last edited by ZexGX; 04-02-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarosam22
Go to the lacanada chpp office, Ive been there countell times and they have never went outside to check my car.

Ive gone there for having illegal headlights, the guy didnt check, just signed.

Went for having tint on the front windows, didnt remove the tint, went on a cloudy day, the guy looked out the window and signed it.

Went for no front plate several times, when I pulled up I just stuck the plate in a groove, the guy looked out the window and signed it. Removed it before I left.

Its that simple.
I went there for one of mine, it was a pain to have to drive over there during the day, i know its not that far but still a pain, they went oustide and looked at my car when I had to go, I was like ok whatever, next time I think I will just go dressed up like I am coming from work and see if that helps.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I went there for one of mine, it was a pain to have to drive over there during the day, i know its not that far but still a pain, they went oustide and looked at my car when I had to go, I was like ok whatever, next time I think I will just go dressed up like I am coming from work and see if that helps.
I went dressed up, and acted very professional. I dont know if its just my luck or what, but Im so far 3 for 3 at that place. Cause I know for my headlights, he didnt even look at my car, just signed it and I left. But for the tint and liscence plate he just glanced from the desk and signed it.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I've been lucky. 3 years driving in CA, both on a military base and in LA, and not once have I gotten a ticket for no front license plate. Got one for tint, but it was just a warning and I didn't have to pay a fine.

And just in case some of you missed it, the correct info has already been posted up for tint and front license plates.

They are required in CA, regardless if it came on the vehicle when you bought it.

Allowed tint is as much as you want on the rear windows, provided you have both side view mirrors. Tint on the front side windows is illegal, and tint on the windshield is only the top 6 inches.

Ignorance of the laws is no excuse. Plus it just pisses the cops off. I've gotten out of tickets by being a nice guy to them.

Quick Reply: anyone get a ticket for no front liscence plate?