Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Engine hard to start.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine hard to start.

98 Camaro SS with 80,125 miles.
About 80k miles is when this started happening. The engine takes almost 3-4 seconds for the engine to start. Before, as soon as I turn the key, the engine would fire right up. The hard start would happen when ever it wants, warm or cold. Had the battery checked and the alternator checked @ auto zone, all fine they say. But the volt meter in the car sits just above 13. Maybe fuel fuel filter? I always gas up with 91 octane 76. Any ideas?? Head lights aren't dim. But I did noticed last night that the head lights dimmed than back to normal. Twice already. I have an optima battery. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

check the grounds and start with the fuel filter. check engine light? how are the plugs?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pweterss
check the grounds and start with the fuel filter. check engine light? how are the plugs?
I was thinking about the fuel filter, too, but not sure if that's it, but heck, easy fix, why not change it? Plugs? I think I should change them. It's maybe been awhile. No check engine light. Any other things I should check??

Quick Reply: Engine hard to start.