Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

whats going on

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats going on

Haven't been to active here lately or local lately due to buying a house and a UCI coming here to Luke. Finally almost done with all the house shopping, paperwork, etc. I purchased a new construction house out in Avondale in Arizona and finally get the keys and sign the escrow on Monday. Never spent 9k dollars so fast in my life and it wasnt on the car . Furniture and odds and ends for the house add up quickly!. Anyways should be around more once i settle in next week

and of course the good spot

I got the quickcrete and that for the floor so it will be midnight blue with a gloss finish.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn great looking home!!! i have been trying to get a house myself for the past month putting in offers but nothing... maybe i should be looking in AZ!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
damn great looking home!!! i have been trying to get a house myself for the past month putting in offers but nothing... maybe i should be looking in AZ!!!!!!
I gave up on foreclosures. I got in this house actually for the same amount as a foreclosure. I got the house for 145k with 4.25% interest rate for 30 years and the first 2 years interest rates were bought down so 2.25% first year and 3.25% second year. No closing cost or anything so was in the house for nothing down. Its a Lennar built home. The house isnt huge but its all I need living by myself its a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1500 sq ft home with a 2 car garage. Came with granite counter tops and stainless steel dishwasher, refrig, stove, and microwave (Ge appliances). I was looking at forclosures in the 120k range and my payments even after the 2nd year are cheaper then those houses and first year i'm in at under 700 a month!

edit:
I dont know if cali is like az but they are putting foreclosures that are in decent shape priced low and then after they have been on the market for a week open it up to a week worth of undisclosed bidding so they get more for the houses. if you and someone else are the high bidder they let you know to make a counteroffer, but again you dont know what your comp counteroffers. I got tired of the games and searching so new build was 100x less of a hastle
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Launching!

****** sweet bro!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

nice...my dad works for lennar....but ill tell you what....in cali, you will never find anything near 145k....sweet, you never have cut your grass..nice house.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned Village Idiot

i have an offer on a foreclosure house and an offer on a short sale house... both of them are still open still waiting to hear from them... you can't offer what they are asking sometimes most of them you have to offer atleast 10-15K more to "try" to get it. damn 700 a month is a stealllll im looking at houses that are in 330-360K so my payments are up there! your rate is fucken great the lowest it has been here is 5%
Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
i have an offer on a foreclosure house and an offer on a short sale house... both of them are still open still waiting to hear from them... you can't offer what they are asking sometimes most of them you have to offer atleast 10-15K more to "try" to get it. damn 700 a month is a stealllll im looking at houses that are in 330-360K so my payments are up there! your rate is fucken great the lowest it has been here is 5%
Because cali is expensive. Honestly I would look into buying a house out of state because a house that you can buy here for 360k you can buy for 130k in other states. The only difference is its not in CA the sate that will soon ban cars and everyone will have to ride bicycles.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1998LS1SS
nice...my dad works for lennar....but ill tell you what....in cali, you will never find anything near 145k....sweet, you never have cut your grass..nice house.
yea no way my friend just bought a condo for 105k 2 bedroom 1 bath like 5 years old - but no way a house especially not a 3 bedroom

cheapest house i could find was 205k (and i bought it) 9 blocks from the beach, but my payments are in the 1400 range
Old 04-24-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Because cali is expensive. Honestly I would look into buying a house out of state because a house that you can buy here for 360k you can buy for 130k in other states. The only difference is its not in CA the sate that will soon ban cars and everyone will have to ride bicycles.

This is why I am looking into finishing my mechanical engineering degree, then I will be looking to get out of cali and move to somewhere near by maybe vegas, phoenix or heck even texas, I want somewhere with warm/hot weather somewhat decent altitudes and not have to worry about snow, and not Cali.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been considering vegas too when I finish my degree
Old 04-24-2009, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

You guys still meeting up on the west side? Dang I miss PHX!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Congrats Jeff! I'm jealous!!

I'll be done with school in about 7 weeks... then we are moving back to CA. We wanna buy a house, but gotta do the rent thing for about a year since you have to have job history for a year prior to buying a home
Old 04-24-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
Never spent 9k dollars so fast in my life and it wasnt on the car . Furniture and odds and ends for the house add up quickly!
Congrats on the house.

That was the shocker for me when I bought my house new. I was like "What, no ******* drapes? No shower curtain? No garage opener? No rear landscaping?"

I lived at Lowes for a month.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Nice Jeff. I've gotta say, putting the epoxy on my garage floor was the best thing I ever did to my house. It's sooo worth it. Another tip if you hadn't planned to do it. You should get some of the foam insulation panels and insulate your garage door. I've never regretted doing it to my garage. It stays so much cooler in the summer.

Quick Reply: whats going on