Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New to Az

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tapout97
Yes i have heard and flat out you guys are loosing money but not tuning LT1 CAMAROS TRANS AMS IMPALAS SS.... IN THIS ECONOMY WHY TURN DOWN BUSINESS

2 MONTHS AGO I WANTED TO BRING MY CAR TO NICD AND ALL OF A SUDDEN HE DOESNT TUNE NO HARD FEELINGS BUT THATS MONEYTHAT COULD HAVE WENT INTO BOTH YOUR POCKET AND SHOP JUST MY OPINION.....
Nic just doesn't deal with LT1s any more. It's his choice as a tuner and since he doesn't tune for his living it doesn't matter if he's "losing money" by not doing them. Nic does it because he enjoys it and I'm tremendously grateful he tunes at all.

There's a lot of decent LT1 gurus here in the valley anywho.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WHO CARES...... most the cars there are DAILY DRIVERS..... if you running a 9 second car gets of you off so be it ... point is top gear is the best shop around and hate to tell you this not really there hasnt been 1 person whos complained about it before i ever went there 3 differnt form boards recommend them over 5 other shops i listed !!!
You guys brought it up.

The point is if they can build several cars that run like mine, wouldn't you trust them with simple cam installs and head swaps? There isn't another LSX shop in AZ I would trust with my car which should also mean something.

I daily drove my car with 640rwhp on the stock LS1 heads and stock LS1 bottom end here in AZ on 91 octane with no meth or alchy. If Jason can engineer that kind of power and reliability I think you can trust him with your DD as well.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
The more I think about it I have heard of Jason. The company name did not ring a bell with me. Sorry about that. I purchased a set of used push rods from him for my cam work Sean did for me. I also have heard great things about NicD also. I have never heard of you tho. Maybe some day we will meet at firebird and I can watch your tail lights.
I've had the most powerful vette in AZ on a few occasions and have been to the Pavs half a million times so I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths.

Last time I ran down the track I trapped 141mph off bottle and then broke an idler pulley. I'm lucky if the car passes tech as the battery is in the trunk with no switch, I have no blow down tube and no cage. I couldn't compete in fastest street car because the class I would have been in has a 135mph trap limit on top of the tech issues.

I didn't say anything bad about your shop and I didn't care until the comparisons started being made. When the really fast LSX guys only go to one shop, it's for a good reason.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

No you did not say any thing bad. I think it was this comment that got tapout tho.

"Not to discredit Top Gear, but they don't have any LSX cars that can hang with my car. The guy doing the tuning for LPM runs bottom 9s on medium boost in his LSX car.

If you want to setup some runs I'm happy to roll out. Anything you got LS powered that can hang with me for a 40 roll? I didn't think so."

When you go thumping on your chest and calling out some one they get upset.
All I have said is Topgear is one Top notch place for your car needs. He is fair, HONEST, and goes great work for people that dont have money to burn but still wants to play.

I am sure Loud Pedal is a great place. I just have no knowledge of the place or like many others on here the bank roll for that kind of HP.

I've had the most powerful vette in AZ on a few occasions and have been to the Pavs half a million times so I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths.

This is why we have not crossed paths. The Pavs are over rated for me.
My work schedule keeps me from getting out much any more.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
All I have said is Topgear is one Top notch place for your car needs. He is fair, HONEST, and goes great work for people that dont have money to burn but still wants to play.

I am sure Loud Pedal is a great place. I just have no knowledge of the place or like many others on here the bank roll for that kind of HP.

This is why we have not crossed paths. The Pavs are over rated for me.
My work schedule keeps me from getting out much any more.
I'm glad you're happy with the shop.

When I'm getting replied to as if my recommendation isn't as good then I'll call them on it. It proved my point though.

I love the Pavs. It's a great place to see cars from the early hot rod days until now. I talk with all the old guys about their cars as well as share the info on my build with the LSx crowd. I try to save people money by telling them what I've done so they can avoid the same mistakes etc. Then I chow down on some YC's and roll out for some racing. Makes for a wonderful saturday IMO.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WHO CARES...... most the cars there are DAILY DRIVERS..... if you running a 9 second car gets of you off so be it ... point is top gear is the best shop around and hate to tell you this not really there hasnt been 1 person whos complained about it before i ever went there 3 differnt form boards recommend them over 5 other shops i listed !!!
I'll bet you any amount of money that if you have LPM tune your car properly you'll make more power across the board and have a quicker car. If they don't I'll pay for the time plus $50 for wasting your day, but if they do it's your dime.

Deal?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Idk much about the shops here but by the looks of it it seems that RPM is the place to go if your on a budget and aren't getting too crazy, and Loud Pedal does just as good of work on basic stuff but handles more high end crazy builds.(Drewstein for example, d1sc with meth and spray, sick!) It is the same where I am from, I live 10 minutes from Speed Inc. One of in my opinion the BEST Lsx shops in the country, but their labor isn't in anyway cheap and they're busier than ****! Now We also have a shop called Straightline Performance (where I take my car) who CAN build jsut as crazy setups but seem to specialize more in everyday lower dollar builds and service which is why I take my car there. That and they have always treated me awsome and have one hell of a tuner. So it seems to me from an outside view that both shops are great but it is really more what you are looking for in a shop and what your bank roll is. My car will be here in AZ come august and will most likely be taken to RPM as I don't have the bank or time, I like that I can get my car in and get it out next day, to take it to Loud Pedal. It seems both shops do great work and it really just comes down to your personal needs and how much you have to blow. I want to say props to you DREWSTEIN as I was at pavillions a few weeks back and saw your car and it is AMAZING! If your ever up in chitown let me know and I can set you up with a couple cars you can have all the trouble you can handle with, all in good fun of course unless you like to gamble!! Sorry for the rant and can't wait to get my TA out here and have some fun with all you guys, glad to see theres a good scene out here I was worried I'd be bored
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Man did this thread get side tracked. To many chest thumpers for me. I'm out of here.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to az, check out www.azgmperformance.com
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by drewstein
nic just doesn't deal with lt1s any more. It's his choice as a tuner and since he doesn't tune for his living it doesn't matter if he's "losing money" by not doing them. Nic does it because he enjoys it and i'm tremendously grateful he tunes at all.

There's a lot of decent lt1 gurus here in the valley anywho.
its nothing personal with nic but flat out id love to know who tunes lt'1 ive talked to 3 shops who have given me numbers and ive called them and they dont tune lt1's :d
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

you guys brought it up.

The point is if they can build several cars that run like mine, wouldn't you trust them with simple cam installs and head swaps? There isn't another lsx shop in az i would trust with my car which should also mean something.

I daily drove my car with 640rwhp on the stock ls1 heads and stock ls1 bottom end here in az on 91 octane with no meth or alchy. If jason can engineer that kind of power and reliability i think you can trust him with your dd as well.
sorry gotta get myself in this one :d stock ls1 heads and ls1 bottome end.... Not buying it sorry...even with 300 shot of nos nano....... Nothing personal but i speak not only about myself but others about cars that put out these kinds of numbers yet they either a. Have never seen them b. They have and the owner says owe its not running right
Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

you guys brought it up.

The point is if they can build several cars that run like mine, wouldn't you trust them with simple cam installs and head swaps? There isn't another lsx shop in az i would trust with my car which should also mean something.

I daily drove my car with 640rwhp on the stock ls1 heads and stock ls1 bottom end here in az on 91 octane with no meth or alchy. If jason can engineer that kind of power and reliability i think you can trust him with your dd as well.
great you drive a fast car well a i hate to break it but ill sign over the title right now that there are 30x atleast the amount of cars out there on the road track or d.d who arnt running 9's :d

nothing personal but 700+ h.p i find that hard to believe
Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

kitt, you're near me I think. Have you been to the 83rd and union hills car show?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Drewstein
I'll bet you any amount of money that if you have LPM tune your car properly you'll make more power across the board and have a quicker car. If they don't I'll pay for the time plus $50 for wasting your day, but if they do it's your dime.

Deal?

ive seen alot of cars and know alot of people and for the mods your talking your telling me it puts 640 @ wheels and were talking a tune im sorry i just dont belive it

and i have an LT1....so here we go about ls1 are faster lol but im broke **** my car is at TOPGEAR right now being worked on....

if your car really did put those numbers down with those mods its a freak of nature !!!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

I can speak for myself and others that this isnt turning into an argument.... come on cant we just get along

were all F-BODYS and we need to stick together against the enemy FORD
Old 05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1's are weak..

Should've gone vtak. Then this thread wouldn't have happened.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by viscious
ls1's are weak..

Should've gone vtak. Then this thread wouldn't have happened.
lol.... Now im laughing......
Old 05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some shops around town not worth mentioning, but from word of mouth I have heard only good things about those two shops mentioned above. Sounds like you would get treated right by either one.

As far as LSx performance and drivability "tuning" goes, I'm a former GM Engineer and NicD is the most experienced tuner I know outside of GM. He's not a wrench, but I would highly recommend him for his tuning skills.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LWCS561
kitt, you're near me I think. Have you been to the 83rd and union hills car show?

I'm begging to like this spot more than Pavs... less parking lot ****'s....
Old 05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetSleepr
I'm begging to like this spot more than Pavs... less parking lot ****'s....
LOL your worried about ****'S lol... sorry to funny. " learn to fear no man"

its a great place if you live out in BFE WEST SIDE..but east valley its 1/2 tank of gas easily lol thats in 6th gear lol

Quick Reply: New to Az