Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LA Invasion Dyno Day - see what you missed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if break in means <4k rpm and light throttle.... you're predestining your car to low power numbers. Throwing it on the dyno and the track was the first chance your rings got to seat, so good job there.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
Until an Ls7 Hey wtf are these guys talking about on their site? Are they jacking our car club name?

http://gmgears.webs.com/

Thanks for stopping by and checking us out! We have much to show you. This website serves as our headquarters for information about our local dealings and cruises, news and information, and upcoming events. Here you'll find pictures of our past events, and how to become an honorary member of our Southern California GM Muscle Car Club. So if you want to be part of our monthly meets and cruises look around and search our website, we have monthly gatherings and events you wont want to miss out on. We are always looking for new cars to join us, classic or modern anything American is always invited to come down.

-GEARS Staff
No thats not our club name, we said GM muscle because we are all General Motors muscle cars. Or we plan to be an all GM muscle, pony cars club. We want to be based in Southern California because so far all of us live in so cal, so far. And yeah our club name is Gears not GM muscle. a little misunderstanding and it will be re-worded for your comfort.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=lordfriday2;11650470]
Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
That's sad. No wonder that guy didn't want to rev his motor at the cruise today and wanted to keep it away from everyone . Should have bought an ls1 and cammed it .

Hey folks,

It was great riding with all of you today, I own the 5th gen, and I do believe that this person is referring to why I didn't "rev" the car up when he asked me to after we got back from our lunch outing.

Firstly, I don't really want the car going over 4000rpm yet due to it not passing it's break in period yet. (Please no flames )

Secondly, GM made the car extremely quiet, it really isn't all that loud due to the current restrictive airflow that it has, once I get past break in, and the reccomended regrease of the rear I'll be looking for after market intake,headers,exhaust... Hennesey is coming out with some remarkable products for the 5th gen.

That said, I decided to put it on the dyno because I had the opportunity, there are not many shops in las vegas that have one, and I figgured it would be interesting to see how much HP Loss there was to the wheels.. and to me the dyno was worth it going over it's 4k RPM limit for breakin.

In reguard to not letting people near the car... I do believe that I was extremely open and didn't restrict anyone from going near the car, infact if someone asked a question I tried to answer it to the best of my knowlege.

I am not certain yet if I will run it at the track tomorrow, (breakin) or if there are even slots open. I know there is a lot of criticism out that about the car and what the magazines say the 1/4 mile stock time is.. I have never seen a run from a current owner get even close to the magazine times of 13.0 ... to be honest i'm not expecting anything under a 13.5, though we'll see what happens tomorrow.

with all that said! it was really nice meeting everyone, and I look forward to being a member of the forum!
Cal don't sweat it. You let everyone one check out your car and were very cool about it. Street tires just do not hook and produce the times the car is capable of. Even the track officials saw you get squirlly on that second run and have to get out of it. Not worth wrecking!

Not many people jump into a brand new car and can feel like they know the car.

We were just glad to have you there and now with a baseline you will know exactly how much HP your mods will give you.

Hell if a Cam and exhast can put down over 400 in an LS1 look out you have power comin.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:10 AM

yeah thanks again for the welcome... I saw it as fun... my first run I had TC off but was not in competitive driving mode because I wanted to try to figgure out where it would grab, I also launched at about 2800 rpm, it gripped alright and I felt like I hit it good down the track, second run I was in competitive driving mode and hit launch at 4k, the car went everywhere and i shut it down and cruised through the run... I'm glad I got the opportunity to show it to everyone, I can't wait until next year!

Quick Reply: LA Invasion Dyno Day - see what you missed