Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Iphone guys come in pleaseee

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Jailbreaking solves all your issues.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love mine!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

i phone is garbage if you drop and it cracks they charge you a million dollars to fix it.. even if you got the extended waranty and i dont know about you but everyone i know drops there phone about once a week i broke the glass on my phone and they wouldnt fix it.. GAY!!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by A Seven X
i phone is garbage if you drop and it cracks they charge you a million dollars to fix it.. even if you got the extended waranty and i dont know about you but everyone i know drops there phone about once a week i broke the glass on my phone and they wouldnt fix it.. GAY!!
I have the first gen iphone.I've dropped it three times since owning it.No cracks, works fine. NOBODY I know drops their phone once a week. You and your butterfinger friends FAIL!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A Seven X
Get the rubber skin case. It really helps for any phone.

My gf drops hers all the time and doesn't have any issues.

Her friend stepped on hers and broke the screen, it was $80 to fix.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Ive been known to beat up on my phones and I thought my iPhone wouldnt last long cause it looks so delicate but right when i bought it I bought a screen protector and a case and has dropped it maybe 5 times since i've owned it. thanks to the screen protector and case it still looks like new
Old 06-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Teching In

yeah I've owned 2 first gen iPhones and two 3G's and haven't found a phone worth me trading mine in. My first iPhone which I got the day they came out held up for over a year through countless drunken nights and me dropping it in the street without a case the screen ended up messing up due to an internal flaw and they replaced it. My second one I dropped in water so it was my fault and bought a 3G that one lasted a while and it started cracking on the back idk if it was my fault or not haha but they replaced it. Now I have my fourth one, still love it and haven't ever thought of getting any other phone
Old 06-11-2009, 02:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hlaalu
verizon will have the iphones end of the year. so unless you want to overpay for the new iphone, wait a lil bit.
i wish!, but that's not going to happen.......iphone has a contract with att till 2010, if verizon gets it it will be till than.. not to mention iphone is not even made to work with verizon because Att works differently with SIM cards or something...

i have verizon and i really want the iphone and since my contract is up im considering switching... but i've heard horror stories of service with the iphone with dropped calls and bad reception.. do you guys with iphone have any problems with reception??????

im happy with verizon that i can make a call underground.. but every new phone they come out with have so many mixed reviews i dont even want to deal with it
Old 06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Launching!

reception is not the greatest. If you do a lot of talking on it, I can see how it would be an issue. I dont so I can care less. I am a media hog. Im online and youtubing all day long.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Jailbreak the phone and the apps are fabulous. Dynolicious and G-Tac both use the internal accelerometer to provide 0-60 ft, 0-60mph, 1/4mile and, input the car's weight and it provides the horsepower. G-tac has a G meter that can trace a lap (or more) on a track. xGPS provides turn-by-turn GPS travel. The list of apps is huge.

My iPhone 3G is my first Apple equipment and once OS 3.0 shows up with copy/paste, I'll be happy with it. I use a PC to link to the 3G and with a jailbroken phone, I use PDAnet to tether the laptop. My AT&T coverage in Vegas is great.

Wait until June 19th and get the 3G S, it has a 600mhz processor instead of the 3G 412 mhz one, plus 256mb ram instead of the 128 in the 3G, along with a better camera.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Teching In

iphone is horrible..get a nokia..preferrably n95 8gb..ive had the phone for 2 years now.....3.5G, awesome camera, video recording, everything..all an iphone has over it is touch...whooopppeeetttyyy dooooooo...check out reviews.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Still need to get mine jailbroken,last guy flaked on me.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

seriously?? What a douche! My bad
Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got the 3g the first few months it came out i went with the 16g white only complaint is that even before droping there was hairline cracks in some spots... other then that the best phone ever!

jailbreak it and get a video recorder, any ringtone you can think of for free and so many mods/ also now you can see full episodes/movies on it all free if jailbroken.

the lowest i paid was 125 for a iphone 2 other lines and ulimited texting/pic family plan. i think its 30 bucks extra for each iphone data package.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowman2K1
i wish!, but that's not going to happen.......iphone has a contract with att till 2010, if verizon gets it it will be till than.. not to mention iphone is not even made to work with verizon because Att works differently with SIM cards or something...

i have verizon and i really want the iphone and since my contract is up im considering switching... but i've heard horror stories of service with the iphone with dropped calls and bad reception.. do you guys with iphone have any problems with reception??????

im happy with verizon that i can make a call underground.. but every new phone they come out with have so many mixed reviews i dont even want to deal with it
Ummm yeah it is a different network but there is not much needed to switch the phone to work, slightly different board inside. And well if ya read a couple pages back they are working on an iPhone "light" or something to that nature to get around the contract.

I for one never owned an iPhone and thats because it really does suck, you have an Ipod touch that gets reception every now and again and the 3g for ATT sucks, I almost never got 3g to work on my old ATT phone, I missed Verizon because I actually have reception got an LG dare and couldn't be more happy, it has touch music player, not all the apps the iPhone has but I never use that stuff, I use my PC for that stuff, my cell phone is for making calls and texting (because nobody these days calls anyone anymore).

I know of at least 15 people with iPhones that get shitty reception and you can't get picture messages. What a waste of money. Now if they at least got good reception I would be looking into getting one but they suck. Also a bandwagon nerd thing, everyone these days seems to want to be a nerd and get the latest gadgets and buy a Mac, only really cool thing a Mac is good for is running programs to edit film/pictures.

End of rant I know others won't agree but hey the beauty of my opinion, and opinions are like ********, we all have am and they all stink.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Launching!

I have been taking **** apart since i was 7. My brother and I have been building computers and Modifying them since Middle school and Now I Build and repair computers as a side income. I have a custom built Home theater system in my room with HD+DVR 1080P 120Mhz TV and addition of Blue-ray of course. I know what nerdy really is.

The Iphone does get whatever reception but In all seriousness, There is no Phone out there that comes close. Yes it has its draw backs but the amount of draw-backs r no where near as much as the others. If you have an Iphone Your not really using it just to make calls, Or shouldnt be for that matter, Poor Reception does not really hurt it when your using it for Internet and all other Data usage.

The Nokia N95 is an extremely nice phone but is slow as hell simply viewing pictures!! Had the 8 gig, sold it 3 days later.

The Dare is Nice and a good Media player but again, The Apps and capability are Not even in the same field as the iPhone. Great for your average joe.

Windows base phones, Are awesome. They are the most campatible with Windows base PCs, but the Lack of speed is what hurts them.

I will agree with you Adam that lately there has been a spike in these wanna be Nerds, But a true nerd can spot them out. And on the topic of all these people buying Apples? Very very true, When it comes to media editing of all kinda, Apple is king. Everyone Bitches that Windows has viruses. If you knew WTF you were doing then you wouldnt have that issue!!! I have NEVER had one Virus transfered From Internet useage and I got my first PC in 1995. I was 10 years old!!!!

With the aid of the accelerameter, GPS and one of the biggest screens out there on a phone, Its no wonder its such an amazing phone.

For people that just need a phone to make calls and text, Get something else.

For people that use and abuse their toys, its the phone for you.

Last edited by ConElite; 06-11-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I for one never owned an iPhone and thats because it really does suck, you have an Ipod touch that gets reception every now and again and the 3g for ATT sucks
You should try it before bashing it.

P.s. You can send pictures, Rather easy, and next week it will be even easier.

Im curious what other things people will come out with to dislike about the Iphone when the new software comes out.

Think of this for a second.

"How many phone do you know of that if their is a glitch or something wierd that the company goes back, edits the firmware and updates your product by simply plugging it into your Computer?

He he he he he

Keep in mind, I used to hate the iPhone too.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ConElite
You should try it before bashing it.

P.s. You can send pictures, Rather easy, and next week it will be even easier.

Im curious what other things people will come out with to dislike about the Iphone when the new software comes out.

Think of this for a second.

"How many phone do you know of that if their is a glitch or something wierd that the company goes back, edits the firmware and updates your product by simply plugging it into your Computer?

Don't need to I have my sister and brother in law to try this stuff before I do, most of my friends have iPhones, and you can't get picture messages, you hve to go through email, unless there is someway to fix it by hacking it. I too have been building computers ince I was a kid, I grew up in the silicone valley most everyone knew something about PC's, but these days really there has been a onflux of people jumping on the nerd band wagon. I just don't see a practical use for the iPhone, at least from my stand point, the reception thing really kills it, just about all LG phones I have owned when with verizon never had any gliches, even the new dare has none so far and I have tried to put it through its paces.

I am not saying you are a stupid person for owning one, I have used them several times and am just inputting an opinion towards my thoughts on the phone. Rather not so much a phone but an iPod with slight cell phone reception.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Launching!

To each their own. Simple Code added to the phone number and presto, You send and receive PIctures.

Everyone has different needs.

I mean I can do the same and bring up both my sisters have had nothing but issues with LG when they had verizon. First reception then the phones themselves in that the charger ports would Always go out.

Yeah We can go on forever but what the point.

I figure, for those that have/had iPhone, They could come on here and comment about the Iphone. This again was asking the opinion from Former/present iPhone owners. ; )
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Keep in mind, MMS will not go live until AT&T allows it. The software capability available on June 17th fixes this from the iPhone aspect, however AT&T needs to "flip the switch." This same fact is for tethering capability. You can ready about it online.

I for one love my iPhone. It doesn't even come w/an instruction manual...why? Because it just works. There are many pro's/con's about this phone. I for one am waiting patiently for the MMS/Tethering. Email/Contacts/Apps are great features of this phone. Not to mention the Safari Browser, and a HUGE screen to view everything on.

Yes I do have to be a little bit more mindful of this device. I don't want to break it because it's an expensive toy.

Different strokes for different folkes. If you're going for Smartphones, get the iPhone. IMHO

Quick Reply: Iphone guys come in pleaseee