Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Moving to Arizona!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Arizona!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.

My names Lucas and I will be attending UTI in Avondale on the 3rd of August. I am by no means a genious. However, I am also not an idiot. I have always done all my own work, and I have learned that way.

I recently sold my gorgeous '99 SS. My reason for selling was actually so I could afford to attend UTI. About a week ago I purchased a '94 z28. White with black hardtop. Car was 100% stock. I have already added silver zr1's and my exhaust is in the mail.

I am very active in shows and cruise nights. Like alot of you, I eat, breath, and sleep anything automotive. I am a diehard chevy man, as I have been all of my life. I would love to meet some of you guys and have you introduce me to the scene down there.

I will be coming down in late July. It will definately be a big change from Northwest Indiana.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and getting into the car scene in Arizona.

-Lucas
Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome, UTI has open Dyno Days and when your in AC school let me know. I will buy you food and beer for the hook up lol.

Congrats and good luck!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Cool, I live right across from UTI. Few words of advise. August is the hottest month in AZ. Normally 110s. Don't be a Ricky Racer pulling out of UTI. My buds(Avondale PD) love you UTI guys

Good luck and See ya on the streets
Old 06-30-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

haha thanks man.

Like I said, I would like to keep in touch with a few people so I have someone to meet up with immediatly when I move down there.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

August? oh good... you'll be here when its nice and cold. lol
Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to hell bud.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

haha why welcome to hell?

If you're refering to the heat, thats heaven for me. I have been in the midwest all of my life and if I have to go through another winter im going to kill myself. I hate the cold more than anything, so I think arizona is a good place for me.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Launching!

I'm actually considering going to UTI in Arizona depending what I can get for $$. Just looking into it so no def plans.

Originally Posted by redlineracing
if I have to go through another winter im going to kill myself. I hate the cold more than anything, so I think arizona is a good place for me.
+1000!

I cant stand winter, and in Maine it just seems to never end. 6 months of cold *** weather and then quite a bit of rain through the summer.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Oh the UTI days...seems like it was just yesterday
Old 07-07-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

Well it looks like I have found a place to live. I am going to rent with a guy in goodyear.

Now the next step is finding some part time work while I am going to school. I desperately need a job, money is tight. I am willing to work anywhere. I would prefer to stay away from fast food, but if I have no choice I have no choice.

I currently work at an Ace hardware. That being said, I am knowledgable in hardware, lawn care, a little plumbing, automotive and some other things. I am good at sales and dealing with people.

I also worked for an electrical contractor for almost a year. I can do some electrical work and I learn extremely fast.

Im 18 and a fast paced worker. So if you have any ideas or jobs you know of, please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Also, anyone live around goodyear?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am by no means a genious.

-Lucas

No way. Welcome to UTI, enjoy the hell.

Used to live at the Desert Sage in Goodyear, 2? years ago. It's hellaciously close to the bad side of town (Almost had my f-bod stolen....) , and I worked for 4 different places as a lot tech/detailer before I left that hellhole. Word of advice, if you plan on making it through UTI, don't pick anything REMOTELY related to the auto industry, go work at Staples or In 'N' Out, and above all, drink lots of beer. It helps pass the time.

BTW, I hope you can stand 130+ Fahrenheit days during the summer. Humidity doesn't affect that kind of temperature, it just boils your hands when you get in your car....

Last edited by ReedBooth; 07-08-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silver98formula
Oh the UTI days...seems like it was just yesterday
No **** huh...
Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

The house is in Central Goodyear, so hopefully I wont have a problem with crime. The house looks very nice. I also have room in the garage for the camaro so I will hide it in there
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Better than nothing, I guess. I'd keep that car as low profile as you can while you live in that area. Out of sight, out of mind... Just my two cents.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

its really that bad huh? I can't imagine it being that bad. I have lived in northwest Indiana all my life and have spent a fair share of time in Gary, Indiana.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

It's bad enough I wouldn't wan to live there if you paid me. Forever. I'd tell you more but I dont want to scare you out of the area.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Regular

No, please tell. Whats so bad? I would like to know before I make any for sure decisions.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Getting a gun pulled on you is bad enough, but walking out of a party to five guys holding guns outside a house next to the party is enough to push me away from that area.

Bell road is another area to avoid, especially near 43rd. Me and Silver got shot at from some dude in a Bronco. No joke.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the heat...
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha why welcome to hell?

If you're refering to the heat, thats heaven for me. I have been in the midwest all of my life and if I have to go through another winter im going to kill myself. I hate the cold more than anything, so I think arizona is a good place for me.
I know what you mean. I live in MO right now and cant stand the snow being as how I'm from FL. I will be heading down to Tucson around Aug 1st.

Quick Reply: Moving to Arizona!