Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Car Clubs??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should check out this event: https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...er-cruise.html.

This should be a good turnout with a couple of guys from different Car Clubs, will give you a chance to meet them in person and get some info. You will find that all the GM Car Clubs on tech are cool folks .
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really appreciate the responses so far. Got some nice invites from some, what appears to be, really good car clubs. I'm really looking at some clubs in the Inland Empire though. I commute 176 miles a day for work and the only thing that keeps my sanity, especially on the 91, is that I enjoy driving the T/A. I know that some of you might cringe at driving our cars that much, but the way I look at it, If you gotta commute, why not do it in style with some horsepower... I always feel a little sorry for the people who only get to enjoy their cars seasonally. We get to enjoy them everyday.

It looks like there are quite a few of us who would like to get together with either a new club, maybe start a local chapter of a bigger club, or renew an established club. I think it's definetly worth getting together and seeing what we can come up with. I don't mind a mix of some youngens along with us old fogeys (if 45 makes me an old fogey). As long as we have a group of people with a real appreciation for our muscle cars who would like to get together (wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends included), maybe have a or food and enjoy a nice cruise somewhere. It's all good.....

Besides, I got the boys on either side of me and I have to show them how it's done..LOL

Old 07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by geovett
Lets get it going!!!!..."the new GM Muscle"...Mr Ryan for President!!!!!
Lol, not this puppy. I work 80hr weeks and am lucky when I can show up to a meet, got no time to run a club. Id just like the meets to be worth showing up to again, 20+ cars lik we used to have...the last meet was 2 cars and one was an S10...
Old 07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Hey that's my s10. She may be a beater but when I nerd parts she is there for my bird everytime.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkKnightRider
Hey that's my s10. She may be a beater but when I nerd parts she is there for my bird everytime.
Lol...your S10 looks like a jewel compared to my beater 73 3/4 ton Chevy truck...just making a point.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Launching!

ya well i would rather have the 73. atleast you dont have to smog that big beast.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

let me know when you guys find a spot im down
Old 07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Teching In

welcome NICE CAR by the way...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah killer car, nothing wrong on putting those miles on our cars. Whats your mileage so far though skidog?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm at 172,000 right now. I'm pretty big on keeping up the maintenance, although I don't take it to the dealership as much anymore. I seem to go through alot of gas though... LOL..
Old 07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice, we'll im sure you are aware we are in your area. feel free to come down anytime and meet the guys. Dont forget about the super cruise this sunday everyone is going to put miles on their cars. lol
Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

This is just my input. I tried this over 3 years ago. ( Power Trends ) started out great. Had around 30 cars at a time shop up every other week. Had a raffle and always did something after the meet. Had a few old time members come out. Heck even Bry use to come out.

I think it gets very boaring to show up, stand around and leave a little later. Would rather get out and do things after. Example: Movies, Pool, Darts, Cruzes, Bowling and so on.

It takes alot of time and effort. I had 2 other guys help me start it and they never showed up or helped out ever. Then I ran into my medical problems and no one was there to help take over. Still got stickers and lic plates.

Just my .02 Cents
Old 07-23-2009, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

damn power trends was back in the day
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
This is just my input. I tried this over 3 years ago. ( Power Trends ) started out great. Had around 30 cars at a time shop up every other week. Had a raffle and always did something after the meet. Had a few old time members come out. Heck even Bry use to come out.

I think it gets very boaring to show up, stand around and leave a little later. Would rather get out and do things after. Example: Movies, Pool, Darts, Cruzes, Bowling and so on.

It takes alot of time and effort. I had 2 other guys help me start it and they never showed up or helped out ever. Then I ran into my medical problems and no one was there to help take over. Still got stickers and lic plates.

Just my .02 Cents
haha, this sounds like GM Muscle, great start then it fizzeled to a sparkle...thats where we're at now......alittle spark....lol....
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with Ken (and he worked his *** off too might I add).

I have offered before to help other clubs/groups the ability to set-up meets at other venues. For example, a pool hall in San Berdo off the 10/215 (the last time I brought it up).

****, have a meet at the Hustler Club in Redlands, at a KCAL kegger, at a minor league ball game.

Like Ken said, mix it up.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

And Andy, I'm in Riverside too (near downtown). I brought my 9 yr. old to a few of the meets, everyone was cool, so any meet would be cool for a 19yo.

****, I may bring my 4yo next time too.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks everyone. I guess I can start showing up at some of these events. It'd be great to meet some of ya and check out your rides. My son is pretty enthusiastic about it all. He keeps asking me if there is a meet. I remember when I was his age. It was all pretty exciting.

My wife and I wouldn't mind helping out if a club starts. Like most of you I can't take the lead. Apart from not knowing what I would be doing, working in LA and comuting doesn't give me alot of time in the local area to find a hangout. But it sounds like some of you have some pretty good ideas. My wife doesn't work right now and she could do some of the planning for such events such as a Ducks or Angeles games etc...

Here's a question, wouldn't it be easier to just revive a club or start a local chapter of an existing club. Then that way some of the planning of annual or semi annual events could be taken care of?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Our little PHK has been going pretty strong for over 2 years.... Come check us after work one day.....We've got a couple of guys out there by you too! it's good times. We usually meet up with about 100 other cars then generally go eat after.

Last edited by Sommer86; 07-25-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can get it set up In redlands at Citrus plaza (for those that went a year or so ago) near bottlefeed racing.....? just throwing it out there
Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ i second that! every meet is so damm far away we need somthin for us in the IE. n we really need to have somthin to do after about 20 min of car talk it gets kinda boring lol no offense to anyone like bry said pool,darts or whatever...

Quick Reply: Car Clubs??