Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Update: SoCalMuscle Car Club New IE Chapter now in effect.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H and one more thing. If anybody remembers the ie vs sd super meet awhile back the bar that allowed use of there spaces would definatly be more than willing to let us use there lot.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Sounds cool... I'll have to check it out...

I vote TEMECULA as well

with it's growth, it has more than enough restaurants and parking locations. And of course the mall area is prime...

little car hops like In-N-Out, 5 and Diner, etc...

and of course CMS is nearby as well, in case we ever wanna do like a dyno day or something...
there is a bobs big boy in temecula now
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarkKnightRider
there is a bobs big boy in temecula now
Holy **** there is! I haven't been here long enough yet to see it... looks like I'll be checking it out!

http://www.bigboy.com/Locator_Restau...ate=California
Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Is there a Sonics Burger out that way also?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Is there a Sonics Burger out that way also?
There is a sonic burger in hemet I believe but temecula doesn't have one. The bobs big boy is on Jefferson just north of Winchester. That could be a nice place to meet.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

There is a sonic burger in hemet I believe but temecula doesn't have one. The bobs big boy is on Jefferson just north of Winchester. That could be a nice place to meet.
Hows the parking lot? Can it be seen for the main streets. Need to have a visable spot of traffic can somewhat see us. That way we can get new prospects.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

H and one more thing. If anybody remembers the ie vs sd super meet awhile back the bar that allowed use of there spaces would definatly be more than willing to let us use there lot.
??? when was this? that sounds like it was a nice meet.Although most of the Ls owners in S.D are babies when it comes to driving out of S.D.lol!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Hows the parking lot? Can it be seen for the main streets. Need to have a visable spot of traffic can somewhat see us. That way we can get new prospects.
On second thought it might not work. The lot at bobs is kinda small accross the street there is a big car wash though. Plenty of wide open parking there after it closes. And I know a few of the guys that work at that car wash. Cool guys but they are mustang drivers. Except for one who has a ricemaro
Old 07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I still say the mall is a prime spot... there must be over 100 nice restaurants in the surrounding area. Plus plenty of parking, and it can't be missed...
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I would stay away from Murrieta-Temecula they have busted a bunch of car stuff there.

What about Lake Elsinore-Lowe's-Costco shopping area. There is Wendy's,Del Taco,Archieburger- Hawain BBQ,Chillis and a few other food places there. Some more stuff across the street even.

Easy to get to from Riverside,Corona,Temecula and Hemet and in CMS's back yard.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rzuff
I would stay away from Murrieta-Temecula they have busted a bunch of car stuff there.

What about Lake Elsinore-Lowe's-Costco shopping area. There is Wendy's,Del Taco,Archieburger- Hawain BBQ,Chillis and a few other food places there. Some more stuff across the street even.

Easy to get to from Riverside,Corona,Temecula and Hemet and in CMS's back yard.
busted a bunch of car stuff there? maybe a bunch of ricers hanging out late at night doing burnouts in parking lots doing stupid ****. But they wouldn't give us any trouble as long as we were not being dipshits, or at least be discreet and smart about things... just like anywhere else...

besides, Lake Elsinore is the ghetto
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Just gonna lay it out there... Temecula Promanade Mall at the Yard House!

http://www.yardhouse.com/default.asp

Need I say more...
http://www.yardhouse.com/beer.asp
Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Launching!

busted a bunch of car stuff there? maybe a bunch of ricers hanging out late at night doing burnouts in parking lots doing stupid ****. But they wouldn't give us any trouble as long as we were not being dipshits, or at least be discreet and smart about things... just like anywhere else...

besides, Lake Elsinore is the ghetto
It is not the ghetto over there and maybe you should compare the people that go to that shopping center and the mall I think you would be surprised. Down by the Lake might be the ghetto but over there it is fine and the parking lot is huge. Don't know if you have noticed but a because of the housing crisis a bunch of lower income people have move into the Temecula-Murrieta area. My sister in law lives in Murrieta and at least once an hour a want to be ghetto thugs booms there music down her street driving about 45mph in a residential zone.

Also the Yard House is good but EXPENSIVE and I wouldn't feel conformable leaving my Corvette in the parking garage while I was drinking and then hopefully my car is still there for me to get a DUI while I am leaving.

My Corvette avoids the mall at all costs bad things happen there all the time even with the police being on site.

I guess I would just bring the Impala SS
Old 07-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Launching!

It is not the ghetto over there and maybe you should compare the people that go to that shopping center and the mall I think you would be surprised. Down by the Lake might be the ghetto but over there it is fine and the parking lot is huge. Don't know if you have noticed but a because of the housing crisis a bunch of lower income people have move into the Temecula-Murrieta area. My sister in law lives in Murrieta and at least once an hour a want to be ghetto thugs booms there music down her street driving about 45mph in a residential zone.

Also the Yard House is good but EXPENSIVE and I wouldn't feel conformable leaving my Corvette in the parking garage while I was drinking and then hopefully my car is still there for me to get a DUI while I am leaving.

My Corvette avoids the mall at all costs bad things happen there all the time even with the police being on site.

Take the impala to their meet if you want but you better bring the vette when you come out to the GM Muscle meet.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just gonna lay it out there... Temecula Promanade Mall at the Yard House!

http://www.yardhouse.com/default.asp

Need I say more...
http://www.yardhouse.com/beer.asp
Am I the only one boycotting the Yard House for lack of yards of beer?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

lower income? mall trouble? temecula = crime? LMAO!!!

I'd easily without a doubt put money down that Elsinore has MUCH MUCH MUCH more crime than Temecula. Wouldn't even hesitate!

I've lived in Temecula for 10 years... your describing it like the total opposite of what it actually is. If anything, it's one of the ritzy, snobby, higher income part of the IE. I guarantee you housing is more expensive here than in Elsinore...

well... I don't wanna get into another internet/forum pissing match... it is what it is. You guys decide wherever.

then.... I might grace you all with my presence
Old 07-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Launching!

lower income? mall trouble? temecula = crime? LMAO!!!

I'd easily without a doubt put money down that Elsinore has MUCH MUCH MUCH more crime than Temecula. Wouldn't even hesitate!

I've lived in Temecula for 10 years... your describing it like the total opposite of what it actually is. If anything, it's one of the ritzy, snobby, higher income part of the IE. I guarantee you housing is more expensive here than in Elsinore...

well... I don't wanna get into another internet/forum pissing match... it is what it is. You guys decide wherever.

then.... I might grace you all with my presence
I know you've been in AZ for awhile and just came back. I can tell you things are on the decline due to the cheap housing bringing some bad elements into the area.

Zip code 92532 of Lake Elsinore is low crime 92530 is where there is a bunch of action but trust me I was appalled when I went to look at houses with my friend he looked at a few 170k ones with BAD neighbors in Temecula. He ended up buying in the farm in Wildomar and for far less and its a quiet neighbor hood. Its not always about price. My house in Canyon Hills-Lake Elsinore is about the same cost as Temecula if I wanted to buy down there currently or even 2005 when things were good.

I grew up in South OC I can tell you with the exception of those new snobby shops they just built there is nothing ritzy about Temecula. I like the old town area a bunch but it isn't what I would call snobby. I mean when a dinky Acura is the high line dealership of Temecula that says a lot. I guess you could call Paradise with Cadillac high line.

The malls no matter what the area are focused on by criminals. My buddys car was stolen from Mission Viejo mall another one at the Spectrum. The cops are at the malls much of the time. It could be Fashist Island of Newport and I still wouldn't be real comfortable leaving the car for a good deal of time. Its not so much the money it's the time building the car the way I want it just to have it gone in 60 seconds

I guess I have been paranoid about this stuff since my 1995 Z28 was ripped off in 1996 and a custom built BMX bike when I was 13.

Beyond that I have been rear ended and had my wifes car side swipped at the mall with no note. Just not really keen on malls.

I really don't care if we have it in Lake Elsinore or not. There is always Dos Lagos in Corona which has plenty of food and parking. Once a month some of the vette guys go there.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Th shopping center on central in Elsinore would work. The lot is huge and there are alot of nice resturants there also there is a goodsized carshow that happens like every Wednesday or something like that there so it has to be relativly safe. I like the idea of the mall in temecula ad long as we are within eye sight of our cars. Then there is that new shopping center in menifee. With a **** ton of new stores off Newport.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Then there is that new shopping center in menifee. With a **** ton of new stores off Newport.
That would be another good place except not to many restaurants.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

That would be another good place except not to many restaurants.
There are a few good sit down and eat places and a few more fast food style places there. Not to mention they are still building that site so who knows what else might come along. There's also an innout in that center

Quick Reply: Update: SoCalMuscle Car Club New IE Chapter now in effect.