Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Chevy Camaro 2002 - z28, :cry:

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009 | 11:44 PM
Teching In

LOL. I'm crying on the inside. Glad you are ok homie. Please keep us posted of the outcome man!!

Justin and I stopped by the dealership and took a few more pics. This is going in the GME year end video!! Jk.
Old 07-26-2009 | 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it looks like all u have is a bad fender. you're a lucky S.O.B. next time have better judgement when it comes to speeding on curvey hills. you could have died out there.glad to here you're ok.remember keep it on a streight road **** curves!
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
well it looks like all u have is a bad fender. you're a lucky S.O.B. next time have better judgement when it comes to speeding on curvey hills. you could have died out there.glad to here you're ok.remember keep it on a streight road **** curves!
well no, transmission locked when this happened... Before this i stoped because my transmission would not shift.

So this is the story..

about 20 miles i stopped because my transmission would not shift to the 4th gear... and yeast it is Auto trany! i would rev it till 2k rpms, does not shift so i would rev it up till 4rpms and it would not go over 4k... so i decided to pull over and check everything, me and the crew popped the hood and check the fluids and everything looked ok so we decided to go on. And this pit stop happened so fast so i did not really thought that there was a problem or something..

then after 20 miles or so

I was going in the corner, and i am already coming on the straight away and suddenly my transmission/read end locks up on me and i get spun out 180 degrees. So no i am going backwards crashing into a poll and flying from the road.
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarobid
well no, transmission locked when this happened... Before this i stoped because my transmission would not shift.

So this is the story..

about 20 miles i stopped because my transmission would not shift to the 4th gear... and yeast it is Auto trany! i would rev it till 2k rpms, does not shift so i would rev it up till 4rpms and it would not go over 4k... so i decided to pull over and check everything, me and the crew popped the hood and check the fluids and everything looked ok so we decided to go on. And this pit stop happened so fast so i did not really thought that there was a problem or something..

I was going in the corner, and i am already coming on the straight away and suddenly my transmission/read end locks up on me and i get spun out 180 degrees. So no i am going backwards crashing into a poll and flying from the road.
I see no indication from the skid marks that you were backwards. Looks like you lost it, tried to correct but overcorrected and went sideways and slid down that shoulder to a stop. Had you gone backwards the tracks would have crossed each other.

Looks like you were movin too. It's a good 200 feet or more from when you locked it up to when the car came to a stop. Unsafe man.

But I'm glad you're ok. Looks like a long way down. Hopefully you were fully insured, if not I wish you the best of luck.
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:51 AM
Teching In

Damn Jermzz haven't seen that name in a bit...You still picking on cobras and **** up there?
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by jermzz
I see no indication from the skid marks that you were backwards. Looks like you lost it, tried to correct but overcorrected and went sideways and slid down that shoulder to a stop. Had you gone backwards the tracks would have crossed each other.

Looks like you were movin too. It's a good 200 feet or more from when you locked it up to when the car came to a stop. Unsafe man.

But I'm glad you're ok. Looks like a long way down. Hopefully you were fully insured, if not I wish you the best of luck.
lol i was not fully insured.. so if i am fixing it... its coming out of my pocket!
Old 07-27-2009 | 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what are you doing out there in the first place. ?
stock suspension stock rated tires. ??

i get hit up by all the local imports to race em in the canyons . thats insane id would never take my car out there!
Old 07-27-2009 | 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
what are you doing out there in the first place. ?
stock suspension stock rated tires. ??

i get hit up by all the local imports to race em in the canyons . thats insane id would never take my car out there!
i've been out there before

http://gmeternal.com/beta/video/2.html

did not had any problems!
Old 07-27-2009 | 04:36 AM
TECH Junkie

I've done this exact same thing before... 2 weeks after I bought my car. Luckily for me I had no damage. But over-corrected and ended up titter/totting on a cliff!!!

NOT FUN! Learned my lesson and haven't done anything like that in 9 years since...
Old 07-27-2009 | 05:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, glad your okay bid. Take it easy next time.
Old 07-27-2009 | 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

i take the crest almost every day!!

but its definitely not a place for an inexperienced driver to go gunhoe
these cars actually handle very well but you have to learn there quirks and the crest needs to be learned as well, it will get ya if your not careful
Old 07-27-2009 | 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

So this is the story..

that sucks...
Old 07-27-2009 | 11:55 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Originally Posted by jermzz

lol i was not fully insured.. so if i am fixing it... its coming out of my pocket!
so you were speeding!!! you could've fucked up your life right here, maybe lose your life/ and someone else's slow the **** downnnnnn
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
so you were speeding!!! you could've fucked up your life right here, maybe lose your life/ and someone else's slow the **** downnnnnn
+1....this is not somethin to be proud of, **** i wouldnt show pictures of the results of my poor driving...your lucky to be alive
Old 07-27-2009 | 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

<><><><><><><><><><>

-=Wins=-
Dodge Charger
Chevy Camaro v6
Honda S2000
BMW 325ci
Pontiac GTP
Dodge Charger SRT8
Honda S2000
chevy cavalier
Pontiac FireBird
pontiac Trans Am
Honda Civic
Scion tC
Mercedes 230

lol a v6 camaro, benz c230, scion tc...i could ride my bike faster than those cars
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
how the ---- did you come up with that? i told you i was going 35? but wait i think you are mentally challenged so you cannot read huh?
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
well it looks like all u have is a bad fender.
Fender huh?

ss.slp.ls1 had his rear quarter panel replace since he hit a pole and to get it replace, labor, and blend some areas it cost him about $2500+
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how the ---- did you come up with that? i told you i was going 35? but wait i think you are mentally challenged so you cannot read huh?
Sorry man you lose this one, unless you floored it out of the turn at 35 mph. there is no way you would have left that dark of a tire trail going 35 mph unless you were trying to drift or you were speeding and your rear seized up while you were speeding.

I have met you and we have chilled at GME meets but dude seriously you think we would believe you were going the speed limit and left that dark/long of a tire trail and just happened to spin out? People are not goin to say the nicest of things in these situations because almost all of the time it is driver error, what were you expecting when you posted up pics of your pretty messed up Z28 on ACH? People here know ACH runs means "testing" your cars/your abilities around some fun curves.

I am not trying to be an *** to you but it happened and dude it is ok to just say yeah I messed up.
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by $O$OE
Fender huh?

ss.slp.ls1 had his rear quarter panel replace since he hit a pole and to get it replace, labor, and blend some areas it cost him about $2500+
2500$? good to know... THANKS
Old 07-27-2009 | 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Sorry man you lose this one, unless you floored it out of the turn at 35 mph. there is no way you would have left that dark of a tire trail going 35 mph unless you were trying to drift or you were speeding and your rear seized up while you were speeding.

I have met you and we have chilled at GME meets but dude seriously you think we would believe you were going the speed limit and left that dark/long of a tire trail and just happened to spin out? People are not goin to say the nicest of things in these situations because almost all of the time it is driver error, what were you expecting when you posted up pics of your pretty messed up Z28 on ACH? People here know ACH runs means "testing" your cars/your abilities around some fun curves.

I am not trying to be an *** to you but it happened and dude it is ok to just say yeah I messed up.
no but for reals... what happen is my both rear tires stooped spinning at the same time, and car turned 180 degrees.. so maybe that's where the marks came from.

Quick Reply: Chevy Camaro 2002 - z28, :cry: