Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help

I am thinking of buying a ss camaro out of state it has a big cam in with longtubes. Is there anyway of getting it passed through DMV and the ref. I can find some one to smog it that's not a problem. Thanks bryan
Old 07-28-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bryan23
I am thinking of buying a ss camaro out of state it has a big cam in with longtubes. Is there anyway of getting it passed through DMV and the ref. I can find some one to smog it that's not a problem. Thanks bryan
Buying a modded engine is a big no-no IMO. Who knows what quality of work was done or what problems you might adopt. Just buy a stock car and mod it yourself.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I agree. And Im sure you know the answer to your own question. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the engine was just rebuilt so I know it's in good shape with only 500 miles on it and has paperwork on it too. So there is no way of getting around unless I buy one from Cali that is already modded or one that is stock and then I have to mod it myself?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bryan23
Well the engine was just rebuilt so I know it's in good shape with only 500 miles on it and has paperwork on it too. So there is no way of getting around unless I buy one from Cali that is already modded or one that is stock and then I have to mod it myself?
Doesn't matter if there is paper work. If something goes wrong, you'll have to tow the car out of state to take it back to the shop where it was modded. And do you even know the reputation of the shop where mods were performed?
Registering a modded car here in Cali would require knowing the right smog shop to take it to.

If I were to buy a car all over again, I'd by a low mileage, bone stock z28 and mod it myself.

Quick Reply: Need some help