Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+10 more for CMS great shop
Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

CMS is always the way to go... Look at me I live way up in Nor Cal and still had him build my car.. God my car is going to be a beast when it's done next month!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by T-REZ
I took my car to this guy to get work done.Got car back without tranny- clutch - water pump- coils everyyhing car is a shell. He is being sued i have proof and text from this jerk. Full story later but i saw his thread and had to post.People have seen my car on here.pics up later
thats what happens when you dont pay your bills!!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
He is talking about SP Motorsports.

I've personally seen his car and it looked like a theft recovery vehicle. A lot of parts missing from under the hood, missing tranny and scratches where stuff has been set on the car. The car looks like it was very well taken care of before.

We maybe hearing only one side of the story but no one from SP Motorsports or Rob himself came in to either threads and given his side of the story. **** the personal bullshit when it comes to business, we're not a bunch of ******* females here.
sorry ...i don't sit in front of the computer all day..
Old 07-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SP Motorsports
thats what happens when you dont pay your bills!!!!!
So you're saying you had the car completely finished and he didn't want to pay for anything? If that's the case you should have kept the whole car not returned it scratched up and missing parts as the op is saying.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
So you're saying you had the car completely finished and he didn't want to pay for anything? If that's the case you should have kept the whole car not returned it scratched up and missing parts as the op is saying.
not at all got the car allmost finnished ,the guy started acting shady so i tore the car down after he said he wasnt going to pay for the work.he is lucky i didnt lean sell the car.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

not at all got the car allmost finnished ,the guy started acting shady so i tore the car down after he said he wasnt going to pay for the work.he is lucky i didnt lean sell the car.
Did you undo the work/replace back stock parts, or just removed parts?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Launching!

If that's true, you should have lean sold the car. I know there is a lot of paper work involved with lean selling a car due to non payment for work so you would have had a lot to prove.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash99
Hmmm, I always take my car to Ryne, never have any issues, well one, LOL but it wasnt his fault, HAHAHAHA.
when are we doing the cam??
Old 07-31-2009, 06:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
I've taken my vette to Ryne, great guy and CMS is a GREAT shop...very busy, but a great shop
how did your T1 car do after i tuned it? werent you going to take it to an event right after i tuned
Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T-REZ
I took my car to this guy to get work done.Got car back without tranny- clutch - water pump- coils everyyhing car is a shell. He is being sued i have proof and text from this jerk. Full story later but i saw his thread and had to post.People have seen my car on here.pics up later
Does this mean strictly has opened up their new shop?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Just found another thread that says the new shop is in Reseda and they now have a dyno!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Did you undo the work/replace back stock parts, or just removed parts?
he had the car towed to us in pieces and it was returned in pieces,but withthe new short block installed.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
how did your T1 car do after i tuned it? werent you going to take it to an event right after i tuned
IIRC I think he finished somewhere in the top 3
Old 08-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW your a joke rob.yeah you really think these guys are dumb enough to belive that you finished my car and then took it all apart for non payment but then gave me car back.your a *** and we will have are day.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS

finished 3rd that weekend (no an scca event..), went back 2 weeks later and missed qualifying because a shifter alignment issue, started last and won

i may be calling you this month to retune for 100 octane, need to get my track events calendar together and see when I have time
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Profile of the Sociopath

(1) They scapegoat; they are incapable of either having the insight or willingness to accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever the problem, it is always someone else's fault.

(2) They are egotistical to the point of narcissism. They really believe they are set apart from the rest of humanity by some special grace.

(3) They are habitual liars. They seem incapable of either knowing or telling the truth about anything.

(4) They are remorselessly vindictive when thwarted or exposed.

(5) Genuine religious, moral, or other values play no part in their lives. They have no empathy for others and are capable of violence. Under older psychological terminology, they fall into the category of psychopath or sociopath, but unlike the typical psychopath, their behavior is masked by a superficial social facade.

* Glibness and Superficial Charm

* Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

* Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

* Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

* Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

* Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

* Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
3. Authoritarian
4. Secretive
5. Paranoid
6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
7. Conventional appearance
8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 08-03-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Profile of the Sociopath

(1) They scapegoat; they are incapable of either having the insight or willingness to accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever the problem, it is always someone else's fault.

(2) They are egotistical to the point of narcissism. They really believe they are set apart from the rest of humanity by some special grace.

(3) They are habitual liars. They seem incapable of either knowing or telling the truth about anything.

(4) They are remorselessly vindictive when thwarted or exposed.

(5) Genuine religious, moral, or other values play no part in their lives. They have no empathy for others and are capable of violence. Under older psychological terminology, they fall into the category of psychopath or sociopath, but unlike the typical psychopath, their behavior is masked by a superficial social facade.

* Glibness and Superficial Charm

* Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

* Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

* Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

* Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

* Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

* Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

1. Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
2. Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
3. Authoritarian
4. Secretive
5. Paranoid
6. Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
7. Conventional appearance
8. Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
9. Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
10. Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
11. Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
12. Incapable of real human attachment to another
13. Unable to feel remorse or guilt
14. Extreme narcissism and grandiose
15. May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)

uh, what?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Those would be Rob's "character flaws"

Quick Reply: Warning rob barth and sp stay away