Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix F-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009 | 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
And I am looking to change my major to engineering too...****. I will be going to the Poly though for Applied computer Science. The main engineering school is at Tempe right? Is there alot of the classes available at Poly?
Every single one of them is available at poly (just different names and course numbers), and the degree you get from poly is BETTER actually (Computer science and Engineering merged at polytechnic, producing a degree that counts as both).

Also, from what I can understand, it's easy to switch classes from Tempe -> Poly but not Poly-> Tempe.

Tempe is too stuck up apparently to accept their classes (that's why I laugh at the One University, Many campuses phrase they throw around).

Polytechnic also has a very comprehensive internship program that is way easier to get into than it's Tempe counterpart. On that note, everything I have learned to get where I am currently with my job, I have learned on my own, so I haven't needed to use their internship program, but all my friends/peers have given it a shot.

Also, instruction at polytechnic is head and shoulders better than anything Tempe has offered me so far (both in english speaking professors, as well as small class sizes). I would definitely talk to your advisor at polytechnic about the differences between the two campuses if you haven't already, but they will probably be more "reserved" about it that I have. If you REALLY want to know what's up, Richard Whitehouse (great Computer Science teacher at polytech) would gladly tell you all that he knows, and is the man to talk to if you want someone else besides an advisor. I'm basically parroting a fair amount of difference between the two campuses from conversations he has had with us.

With ALL that being said, I'm still going to Tempe campus for some reason...too lazy to transfer at this point. I should probably do it though
Old 08-13-2009 | 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

lol. Well it looks like I'll just stick to Poly then. Not to mention the drive is much easier from where i will be living come Saturday.
Old 08-14-2009 | 03:47 PM
On The Tree

go ahead and put your "strap-on" on! the only one that will be scared will be greggy!

brett come out to the races!! that would mean he would lose his place in world of warcraft, and become a troll!
Old 09-10-2009 | 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by yrlosing
go ahead and put your "strap-on" on! the only one that will be scared will be greggy!

brett come out to the races!! that would mean he would lose his place in world of warcraft, and become a troll!

You know I can't run that risk old man.
Old 09-11-2009 | 01:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silver98formula
Titan is going to flip if we start this again
We'll flag him for removal as a mod for being lazy...
Old 09-11-2009 | 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedXtacy
You know I can't run that risk old man.

i know, that's why you bought a dodge and live in your parents basement also.
Old 09-12-2009 | 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by yrlosing
i know, that's why you bought a dodge and live in your parents basement also.

Its a man cave.
Old 09-13-2009 | 04:47 AM
Now you have my attention

It has a jerkoff station. What else would you call it?
Old 09-13-2009 | 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

avondale here, but deployed to afghan for 6 months
Old 09-14-2009 | 11:32 AM

gonna be getting another TA OR a GTO soon, but im out in gilbert

Last edited by SilvyRado; 09-14-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-14-2009 | 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Whats up guys im new to this forum and live in Phoenix i drive back and forth to asu and gilbert from phoenix very often so you might have seen my car around.
Old 09-15-2009 | 01:02 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
lol. Well it looks like I'll just stick to Poly then. Not to mention the drive is much easier from where i will be living come Saturday.
hey i see your car in the parking lot all the time behind the ag. building. i have the electron blue C5 car looks good btw.