Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

ABS INOP, ASR OFF, and BRAKE lights all on

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It needs to be TCS/non-TCS and in your case I'd go 99 and up just in case.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armkneez8
Thanx, was the ebcm you bought actually the same year of your car? does it matter?
the one I put in was from a 2000 Trans am. He actually sent me a non-traction control one first and told me to just keep it, so if you don't have traction control you can take this one off my hands.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

hlaalu I actually have traction control. Thanx though. The reason I ask is because my SS is a 2001. Hopefully a 2000 would be the same?
Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a spare 2001 TCS EBCM module from the Camaro SS I am parting out.

Tom, I'll take yours since I don't have TCS on my car.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

ZexGX sent you a PM
Old 10-22-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I have a spare 2001 TCS EBCM module from the Camaro SS I am parting out.

Tom, I'll take yours since I don't have TCS on my car.
k call or text me tomorrow and i'll bring it this weekend.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 PM

just changed my tire sizes in the rear in my 99 and it is having the same problom in this case deff due to tires btw and if anyone knows of a loophole to stop this please let me know
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Teching In

does anybody know if a '99-'02 module work on my '98?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

not sure, see if the part #s match
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happened to me a while back. The ABS fuse was loose and corroded.

TopFig
Old 08-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Launching!

does anyone know where i can get a EBCM i looked on ebay i couldnt find any.. need one with trac control thanks guys
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

i havent had all those go off, but recently, my ASR will shut itself off occasionally. and i can't turn it back, not that i really need to. heh. usually after i shut off the car and restart its fine again tho.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 PM

haven't done any checkin of things on my car yet as this is a new prob and needed direction first but i have noticed a roaring/whirring noise when i lean on my brakes now (since having the ABS INOP and BRAKE lights come on)
Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

I replaced my EBCM from one off ebay. Car at first didn't like it, but settled down after I put some miles on her.

Getting the EBCM off the car wasn't hard, just needed a "good" flexible screwdriver that can handle just the right amount of torque W/O quiting on you. It is a tight space in their, and don't forget to unplug the bottom electrical connector.

It's been about 4wks and so far no dash lights.....got it from this guy..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same **** happened to my friends 2000 SS. right after he changed his rims. I told him he maybe damaged one of his wheel speed sensors. U need a scanner that will scan your ABS and not only your "service engine soon" light.

Service engine soon= engine faults
SRS=air bag faults
Brake/Abs light= brake faults
service vehicle soon= Body control module faults
Old 04-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Teching In

I know this thread is super old at this point, but it helped lead me in the right direction to fixing this problem on my 2001 Camaro SS for about $65. So I thought I would update this post so anyone else that stumbles upon it has an updated fix. These guys will repair the ABS modules and send them back to you in about a weeks turnaround http://www.ebay.com/itm/271597369236...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Just like the posts before me, this problem first started with the 3 lights coming on after 10-15 min of driving and only when it was hot. I live in Florida, so it is hot all the time. I left the problem for over a year as there were no noticeable side effects except for the annoying lights coming on half way through my drive to work every day. Over time the lights started popping up more frequently and much earlier in the drive. I finally stopped being lazy and removed the ABS module and sent it into to the EBay seller mentioned above.

Removing the module took about 30 mins. Its not really that hard, but you have to have some small tools, extensions and possibly a swivel joint to get in the tight spaces without removing any other components from the car. If I remember correctly, there were 6 screws that mount the ABS EBCM sideways to the ABS Hydraulic Unit (the 2 at the bottom are the ones that are a biatch). You only need to send in the ABS EBCM, which is the black plastic piece that slides on the side of your ABS Hydraulic Unit (the square metallic part that the brake fluid lines run through). Like others have said once you get all the screws out there is a connector underneath that you will have to disconnect.

I replaced mine about 3 months ago and this has totally resolved my problem.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greeg321
I know this thread is super old at this point, but it helped lead me in the right direction to fixing this problem on my 2001 Camaro SS for about $65. So I thought I would update this post so anyone else that stumbles upon it has an updated fix. These guys will repair the ABS modules and send them back to you in about a weeks turnaround http://www.ebay.com/itm/271597369236...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Just like the posts before me, this problem first started with the 3 lights coming on after 10-15 min of driving and only when it was hot. I live in Florida, so it is hot all the time. I left the problem for over a year as there were no noticeable side effects except for the annoying lights coming on half way through my drive to work every day. Over time the lights started popping up more frequently and much earlier in the drive. I finally stopped being lazy and removed the ABS module and sent it into to the EBay seller mentioned above.

Removing the module took about 30 mins. Its not really that hard, but you have to have some small tools, extensions and possibly a swivel joint to get in the tight spaces without removing any other components from the car. If I remember correctly, there were 6 screws that mount the ABS EBCM sideways to the ABS Hydraulic Unit (the 2 at the bottom are the ones that are a biatch). You only need to send in the ABS EBCM, which is the black plastic piece that slides on the side of your ABS Hydraulic Unit (the square metallic part that the brake fluid lines run through). Like others have said once you get all the screws out there is a connector underneath that you will have to disconnect.

I replaced mine about 3 months ago and this has totally resolved my problem.
I'm gonna check this out as I can't get my car to pass my local emissions and inspections to get the car legal (Utah) but my rear tires are also a tad bigger. And I refuse to get new tires. Maybe I will find someone with some stockers to throw on first..at least to get the car legal

Quick Reply: ABS INOP, ASR OFF, and BRAKE lights all on